Patch Notes - 1.4.131 - 19-Sep-2017

168 replies to this topic

#61 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

Which change is the supposed clan light nerf referring to?

#62 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

"Kintaro
• Structure Quirks have been replaced with Armor Quirks."

Posted Image

#63 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

View PostMortallyTransparentCupcake, on 18 September 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

There should have been a reduction of the assassins armor quirks... and Stormcrows allowed in scouting to combat the assassins, and bushwackers....

I can kill assassins and bushwackers fine with my huntsman... perhaps the problem isn't with the armor quirks on assassins and bushwackers....

#64 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 September 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it had it coming, being the best Supernova and all... but how does it deserve a nerf when the MAD-IIC/MCII are arguably (well, arguably in the case of the MAD-IIC, the MCII is DEFINITELY) higher on the power curve?

"in line with other 90 tonners" ignores the cyclops and highlanders which still out maneuver the super novas, marauder IICs and Night Gyrs for that matter.

#65 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Well, they didn't say ALL other 90 tonners.

#66 Smotty

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 99 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, best coast

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

New map? Please make some maps?

Come on PGI... It's not that hard...

#67 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:49 PM

Oh well. Everyone go back to ignoring the Mist Lynxes please.

No, really.

We're nothing again...

#tactics

#68 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

Read the patch notes section on (U)AC10s several times, then had my morning coffee, then read it again... Still don't get it. They keep talking about balance between IS AC10s and UAC10s, and how they don't want UACs to be a direct upgrade over regular AC's... And then they go and slam Clan UAC10s with a nerf bat. WTF? After the last year's jam time nerf, Clan UAC10s have already become a niche weapon, and many players simply won't touch them because of the jams. Just fail to see why they needed to get hammered further into the ground.

#69 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 September 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Decals: Decal placements can now also be committed by hitting the Enter key.

YES!! Thank you for this. I've been missing this for a long time.

#70 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:15 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 18 September 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

My bad. I resulted in that 1 out of 50 matches where a joke build of just two ac2s and 3 spls out damaged and killed more than an assault mech thus by pgi's logic they are 'balanced.' Sadly they weren't the lbx version but we all know pgi logic by now as they weight the same and do the same amount of damage just different name. On the good side the adr now is going to get a nerf along with the rest of op clan lights next patch. I mean yeah I out did three assault mechs on a joke build.

Posted Image

by that logic i would be the reason why the spider 5k got its energy cooldown quirk badly nerfed and its mg-rof quirk entirely removed, since i regularly outperformed assaults with it Posted Image

View Postmistlynx4life, on 18 September 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Oh well. Everyone go back to ignoring the Mist Lynxes please.

No, really.

We're nothing again...

#tactics

not really sure what mist lynx users are whining about, try to play with a spider 5k once and suddenly your mist lynx is very powerfull again... it was an obviously unintentional mistake that made the LMG way too powerfull, now they are in line and still incredibly dangerous. get a bit closer, which is easy for a mist lynx to do, and you will be fine.

and at least your LMG deserve the name. the IS variant is just as heavy as the normal ones, which makes the whole concept of it stupid, just trading range for dmg.

Edited by Genesis23, 18 September 2017 - 11:44 PM.

#71 Kojak Bear

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:15 AM

Dear PGI,

Can you do a few things for a few mechs in a future patch?

1. Please convert the pointless Streak SRM 2 quirk on the BJ-2 to a general missile quirk.
2. Please convert the machine gun quirks on the Phoenix Hawks to general ballistic quirks.
3. Please make Phoenix Hawks a little smaller
4. Please lump the AC 10 quirk on the Gray Death to the general ballistic cooldown quirk.
5. Please convert all Shadow Hawk structure quirks to armor quirks.
6. Please change the LRM cooldown quirk on the MAL-1R to a general missile cooldown quirk.
7. Please make all the 35-ton light mechs a little smaller.
8. Please fix the class II and class I jump jets to be actually worth it.

Thank you. GG.

#72 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:25 AM

Let's see how the MC Mk 2 walk animation looks like now.

Shame the UZL didn't get a stance change.

#73 Marcus Kyle

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:44 AM

PGI - just fix the glitch on Faction Play where your second or subsequent drops intermittently result in your 'Mech landing with no telemetry at all!! No mini-map, HUD status displays, targeting reticule or compass...

Any news on when this will be fixed would be good. I've reported it twice now...

#74 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:53 AM

i have no time for testing... did they fixed the 21:9 loading screen bug? its going on my nerves since they changed the loading screen^^

#75 X Player

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

Why do you have to nerf the Warhawk C when the only advantage compared to the Marauder IIC were it's Energy Heat Quirks? You effectively kill the chassis for no reason whatsoever.
I like most of the changes in this patch but this is just incomprehensible.

Also, I think a durability nerf to the Assassin is in order. It doesn't need any armor quirks.

#76 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:45 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 18 September 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

Read the patch notes section on (U)AC10s several times, then had my morning coffee, then read it again... Still don't get it. They keep talking about balance between IS AC10s and UAC10s, and how they don't want UACs to be a direct upgrade over regular AC's... And then they go and slam Clan UAC10s with a nerf bat. WTF? After the last year's jam time nerf, Clan UAC10s have already become a niche weapon, and many players simply won't touch them because of the jams. Just fail to see why they needed to get hammered further into the ground.

From the patch notes:
Fixed some consistency issues with the double-tap mechanic. Pressing and holding the fire button will now fire all weapons in a chainfire group and will not trigger double-tap. Pressing the fire button when all weapons are in their Cooldown phase will attempt to double-tap the next UAC in the Weapon Group."

For me this finally makes UAC's viable, for both factions, I have been running standard as I could not stand the phantom jamming when I clearly did not double tap. This will serve as an indirect buff to the UAC's as they will now only jam when you use their "unique ability", hence the need to "nerf" them to maintain the balance. At least this is what it looks like to me.

All and all a brilliant patch, I like the balance between, do you wanna buy a mech pack, balance (in both directions and both factions), new features, and refitting of old mechs. I really hope PGI will keep this format going, we need balance changes in every single release, instead of the wham bang big bada boom type ones as these can be quite jarring for the player base. I personally love balance changes, even of they sometime "wreck" a build of mine.

Well done PGI

Edited by ZortPointNarf, 19 September 2017 - 01:45 AM.

#77 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:10 AM

This is the best of the patch...

Posted Image

#78 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:31 AM

Dont know if i like the LMG changes - its the only MG a slower Mech can put to use fighting at ranges around 400m and i did not find any issues with its performance using a pair of them other than it was not totally wasted suckage.

MRM range increase is nice but spread is still huge and speed still pretty slow and it is pretty easy to avoid and i guess AMS will also eat quite some damage potential away. We will see if unboated Cotton Balls can make use of more range...

The solution for boating weapons is the rule of diminishing return and nothing else!

Probably Clans sing halleluja to the cool skilltree changes:

#79 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:35 AM

Not satisfied. ^^

#80 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:41 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 September 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess it had it coming, being the best Supernova and all... but how does it deserve a nerf when the MAD-IIC/MCII are arguably (well, arguably in the case of the MAD-IIC, the MCII is DEFINITELY) higher on the power curve?

Because Clans are OP. Are you new here? IS gets buffs, Clans get nerfs. Get with the program.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users