Patch Notes - 1.4.131 - 19-Sep-2017

168 replies to this topic

#81 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:13 AM

Hay, for next patch could you guys please fix the bug where friendly unit icons disappear when powering back up after shutting down from overheating?

Edited by Phantom360, 19 September 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#82 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:44 AM

lol'd hard at the firestarter nerf. omfg. you want it to eat s.h.#.t. i guess.
that mech barely makes it out alive and already is riding red throughout the whole match and now this.
gg.

the skill tree hit the hunchback-iic with the engine desync and it feels like a heavy already. dont like the nerfs.
ill do some rocket science on it and ill let you know how hard youve actually gimped it.

new event system. maybe. we will see.

DropShips: 'Mechs can no longer be damaged while they are inside the DropShip.
- at last.

DropShips: Fixed an issue where DropShips would not fire on enemy forces within range.
- at least its fixed now.

HUD: Kill Counters are now present in all Game Modes.
- yes.

Mobility: Fixed an issue where accessing the Scoreboard while still trying to accelerate could cause your 'Mech to brake, when Throttle Decay is active.
- happened on some mechs not all but im glad its been adressed.

Skill Tree: The Heat Containment Skill Tree Nodes now effect the total Heat Containment value of the 'Mech, not just its base value.
- does this mean it shouldve worked "as intended" since skill tree is live and they just figured it out or is it just a recent change?

#83 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:17 AM

View PostKojak Bear, on 19 September 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

Dear PGI,

Can you do a few things for a few mechs in a future patch?

1. Please convert the pointless Streak SRM 2 quirk on the BJ-2 to a general missile quirk.
2. Please convert the machine gun quirks on the Phoenix Hawks to general ballistic quirks.
3. Please make Phoenix Hawks a little smaller
4. Please lump the AC 10 quirk on the Gray Death to the general ballistic cooldown quirk.
5. Please convert all Shadow Hawk structure quirks to armor quirks.
6. Please change the LRM cooldown quirk on the MAL-1R to a general missile cooldown quirk.
7. Please make all the 35-ton light mechs a little smaller.
8. Please fix the class II and class I jump jets to be actually worth it.

Thank you. GG.

Maybe they will fix that in 6 months...

... or 6 years. Posted Image

#84 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

ASN-21 Missile Velocity Quirk has been removed. - thanks you made my day ..

can please also Fix the hit Box ?? or downgrade the armor ? this mech can take more dmg then KDK,ATLAS,KRAB .. you name it

Edited by Bios303, 19 September 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#85 Colonel Clunge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:06 AM

View PostBios303, on 19 September 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

ASN-21 Missile Velocity Quirk has been removed. - thanks you made my day ..

can please also Fix the hit Box ?? or downgrade the armor ? this mech can take more dmg then KDK,ATLAS,KRAB .. you name it

I've just read through this post and almost without except all the heat seems to be coming from Clanners moaning about the nerfing of their mechs/weapons and claims for strong IS mechs to get nerfed......

Anyone would think that you all feel you have a God given right to stomp over IS every match?

The Assassin doesn't seem to me to be any more unbalanced than the Cheetah which has been overperforming since it was released. Surely by now you've realised that there will always be some mechs that perform better than others? Clans have theirs and IS have theirs.

The one fact with the CUAC10 having the same heat as the IS version that hasn't been raised is that Clan DHS take up much less space than IS equivalents so clanners can pack in a lot more.

Just saying.......

#86 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:11 AM

Looks like a good update, can't wait for the new meta.

#87 Mineirinho

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:11 AM

Thank you for the new patch. But, and the game tuning for better FPS(better use of the GPU, CPU and network), new maps the refit of the old ones?

Thank you for the new patch. But, and the game tuning for better FPS(better use of the GPU, CPU and network), new maps the refit of the old ones?

#88 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:17 AM

Well based around the reasoning for giving the Uziel structure instead of armour quirks.

The Victor and Highlander designers intended their jumps jets to make them mobile, and they both could do Death from Above in less time than a Saturn five rocket achieved orbit around the planet.

So in keeping with P.G.I suddenly using canon for reasoning, JJ buffs for both are in order

Also wondering what bikini *coughs* rocket girl does to celebrate a kill, s most cockpit items seem animated these days......

Edited by Cathy, 19 September 2017 - 07:20 AM.

#89 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:17 AM

If you remove the extra cooldown quirk of the MDD-H, what you have left is a MDD-H build that is strictly worse then a MDD-Prime, due to it's similar quirks but worse energy slot layout (and missing AMS slot).

And the MDD-Prime build is already bad enough that you probably don't have enough (any) players to give you an idea of how well it performs... so why bother making an alternative build even worse ?

I mean seriously : Is the MDD-Prime build performing well, or is it more like nobody is using it because it's not good enough ?

#90 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostColonel Clunge, on 19 September 2017 - 07:06 AM, said:

I've just read through this post and almost without except all the heat seems to be coming from Clanners moaning about the nerfing of their mechs/weapons and claims for strong IS mechs to get nerfed......

Anyone would think that you all feel you have a God given right to stomp over IS every match?

The Assassin doesn't seem to me to be any more unbalanced than the Cheetah which has been overperforming since it was released. Surely by now you've realised that there will always be some mechs that perform better than others? Clans have theirs and IS have theirs.

The one fact with the CUAC10 having the same heat as the IS version that hasn't been raised is that Clan DHS take up much less space than IS equivalents so clanners can pack in a lot more.

Just saying.......

sorry PGI taking away the only mech you know how to play that got glitch in torso hit box and other op juke .. more to come from the crying lurmer

Edited by Bios303, 20 September 2017 - 04:05 AM.

#91 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

View PostSmotty, on 18 September 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

New map? Please make some maps?

Come on PGI... It's not that hard...

Maps aren't due until November...

#92 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

View PostCathy, on 19 September 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

Well based around the reasoning for giving the Uziel structure instead of armour quirks.

The Victor and Highlander designers intended their jumps jets to make them mobile, and they both could do Death from Above in less time than a Saturn five rocket achieved orbit around the planet.

So in keeping with P.G.I suddenly using canon for reasoning, JJ buffs for both are in order

Also wondering what bikini *coughs* rocket girl does to celebrate a kill, s most cockpit items seem animated these days......

You might want to re-adjust your pants, Cathy, your Victor bias is showing! ;)

#93 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostBios303, on 19 September 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

sorry we toke the only mech you know how to play .. more to come from the crying lurmer

Would the crying lurmer be you? Because Assassins use SRMs.

#94 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

The new event system could work amazingly well. I await the actual implementation with bated breath.

If this is used sporadically and larger scale events don't occur as often then FP gets even worse. If, on the other hand, someone out there uses this as an excuse to write an actual story about events going on in the mechwarrior universe and we see events on several fronts every week, with the outcomes affecting the story that gets written next Sunday...

Well. I might even play FP regularly for a change.

#95 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 September 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

You might want to re-adjust your pants, Cathy, your Victor bias is showing! Posted Image

I allowed Highlander to be mentioned in the same sentence. sheesh what more do you want Posted Image

#96 Vancer2

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

Buffing IS weapons and Nerfing Clan weapons.

Back to your old tricks again Russ?

#97 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostVancer2, on 19 September 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Buffing IS weapons and Nerfing Clan weapons.

Is see Clans winning the Tug Of War a lot more often then IS does, so doing that would make sense.

But I don't know if it's because Clans are winning more, or if it's because Ghost Drops affect the Tug Of War (hopefully not), and that Clans are getting more Ghost Drops.

Also almost all of my deaths are due to laser/pulse vomit (their duration is just way to short, resulting in them doing way too much pinpoint damage), and all those buffs are non laser/pulse buffs, so I welcome them.

#98 Vysir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

Would be nice if PGI gave us back the skill points for mechs that get major quirk changes. I'm now gonna have to change around the survival tree to make use of the armor quirks, instead of the structure quirks on my Kintaros. Guess it's a good thing I didn't buy any Archers just yet.

#99 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

Finally Uziels get some structure to their torsos. And more agility to boot. Hopefully it will be the graceful harasser they imagine. I wish they would redo how tall it is. Make it more like a animal stalking low to the ground. And Wolverines finally get some CT buffs? Is it my birthday?

#100 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

Link to the patch: patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_311.zip
As usual nothing but plain text here: "Patch File(s): To be provided on patch day"

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 19 September 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Maps aren't due until November...
A map. Single one. :( Next one (urban) is "promised" on late Jan/Feb.

Edited by Van mw, 19 September 2017 - 10:24 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users