66 replies to this topic

#21 Marcus Kyle

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:13 PM

I am having the same issue. For me it's intermittent, I did get to see my progress once but haven't got to since then...tried logging out and in again to no avail.

As others have stated this kinda kills the joy of these events at the moment Posted Image

#22 Palocles

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:03 AM

I'm also not getting the events in the list. Hasn't worked at all. So technically not intermittent failure.

#23 Buschwalker

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:07 AM

Same problem here, nothing changed after hotfix

#24 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Looks like, possibly, maybe, it's steam related.

Wanting to take a screenshot, to post here to show what's going on, I hit f12, and whalla, the screen updated and gave me the lists.

Played a match, then back to hanger. Again screen empty, hit f12, and bam it popped up.

That worked for me like 3 times, but now it's nap time. Is everyone else here playing through steam? That would explain the fact that a lot of people have no issues, as steam players are apparently the minority.

After my nap, I'll try playing without going through Steam, and see if that helps or not (if thats even possible with a steam install).

Edited by HauptmanT, 22 September 2017 - 01:11 PM.

#25 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

Im running game from portal, still getting same issue. Event wont show up on event screen, then it shows up for 2 times in a row,
after it again nada. Its completely random. I really wish PGI would put out more workable upgrades.

#26 Formosa The God

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

changed screen res and it came up, after game it was gone, then changed res again and it was back, YO PGI LETS GET A RESPONSE ON THIS SO WE CAN AT LEAST KNOW YOU ARE WORKING ON IT.

#27 inucoinin

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts
  • Locationenlow

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Has not work once for me. I am playing through the portal. still no good after the portal update on 9-22. Please post back on the website so can at least see what needs to be done.
Thanks

#28 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

Update.

Tried with no Steam, just the MWO.exe on it's own. No dice. Made things worse as now I cant "force" it, so now it just stays blank, cant even open the browser in game or nuttin.

Dont think that rules out some sort of Steam issue, but there ya go, for what it's worth.

#29 wwwwwwwwwssaddwwLolCantMove

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHannover / Magdeburg

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

same here.. no event.. yolo

#30 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:47 AM

I'm on steam.

Pressing random buttons, playing around in the mechlab, alt-tabbing out of the game and back in, going to other tabs like faction warfare, selecting another mech... sometimes it works, sometimes it does not and there does not seem to be a pattern to this.

View PostHauptmanT, on 22 September 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Wanting to take a screenshot, to post here to show what's going on, I hit f12, and voila, the screen updated and gave me the lists.

I'll have to try that.

#31 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:54 AM

I'm logging through the stand alone portal and still not getting any events showing in the browser no matter what I try. Posted Image

#32 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:34 AM

PSA: posting problems here don't work. PGI don't check their own forums. go on Twitter and shout at Russ till he replies. Seems to work well for most issues

#33 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostExilyth, on 23 September 2017 - 01:47 AM, said:

I'll have to try if pressing F12 does something.

Nope, doesn't do anything for me.

#34 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

Still not working after hot fix.

#35 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

All is running perfectly but i'm on windows 7.

#36 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:38 AM

Same for me, tried various things people mentioned on the forum elsewhere. I've never seen anything listed in this new event window.

#37 Robaxacet

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

Found a way that works for me. I found that if I go into SETTINGS but then just cancel out without doing anything and then click the Event thing again it shows up. So far that works 100% of the time for me anyway. Hope this helps!

#38 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

My f12 thing hasnt worked lately.
The settings trick isnt working either.

I think it's just completely random coincidence when it decides to start working. I'm now of the opinion all our claimed "tricks" are not what causes it to start working. It seems more like it'll just decide whether it works or not on it's own.

It's frastrating as all hell that's for sure. This event sucks the will to play out of me... because I cant reliably open the tab.

#39 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

Sent a ticket to support, got a response to try leaving the browser open for 15 minutes to refresh...didn't work, sent a ping trace, a ping test and a DxDiag report to support (...as they requested) and I'm still waiting for a return response. Personally, I think they know that its borked and are just clueless...of course rolling back a feature (..and just posting it on the website and auto injecting rewards as usual) that fails for a lot of the player base makes less sense than pi$$ing off a large portion of their players and convincing them not to spend money...again, but we got 3 new warhorns right? Posted Image

Edited by AJBennett, 24 September 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#40 DjLoodawg

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

View PostAJBennett, on 24 September 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

Sent a ticket to support, got a response to try leaving the browser open for 15 minutes to refresh...didn't work, sent a ping trace, a ping test and a DxDiag report to support (...as they requested) and I'm still waiting for a return response. Personally, I think they know that its borked and are just clueless...of course rolling back a feature (..and just posting it on the website and auto injecting rewards as usual) that fails for a lot of the player base makes less sense than pi$$ing off a large portion of their players and convincing them not to spend money...again, but we got 3 new warhorns right? Posted Image

i did the same thing, support seems to be ignoring the complaints.
it is really infuriating.. you have one job.. support the customers.. why can't you even do that. i'd be satisfied if they just sent me a message saying "well, we have no idea whats going on but we are looking into it."
but just outright ignoring me? i've spent 60$+ in the last month, lets see if they get a single cent from me again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users