#61 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:45 AM

Posted the below in the current event thread:

Monday evening, I uninstalled MWO from Steam and downloaded the client directly from the website. 3,5 hours on Aussie internet. It seemed not to patch at all though, so couldn't run it. Ran the repair tool, which painstakingly slow, started downloading patch files or packages or whatever. I left it to run, but it got stuck every now and then. So I had to close the repair tool and restart it. That took most of my Tuesday evening.

At some point, it declared all good and ready to go. It did go. Game booted up, I got in. Tried mechlab, which took a while, but came up. Worse with the skill tree, but it did appear.

The event window remained the same however. Pull down menus with nothing showing when clicking the arrow. Left it sitting for a few min. nothing. Left it for about 20-25 min. Nothing.

No event info, nor any redeeming via this in-game feature for me.

I just checked this new website feature, I did my three victories today. It shows 100%. Going back quite a ways, it shows 100% on a few of the Ballistic challenges as well. No rewards of course.

Now what?

Edited by TheFourthAlly, 11 October 2017 - 01:46 AM.

#62 Blamokapow

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

I have the same problem, the website shows my progress but the in game event browser shows nothing and I cannot collect rewards.

#63 Big Whale

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

Same. However came up with that @click to claim rewards@ idea should be shot with an LBX. Just give the bloody reward after its done.

My event browser shows nothing in current events tab.

#64 O MechRider O

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIowa, USA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostBig Whale, on 11 October 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Same. However came up with that @click to claim rewards@ idea should be shot with an LBX. Just give the bloody reward after its done.

My event browser shows nothing in current events tab.

Ditto!!!

#65 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Has anyone rebooted the computer and logged into the game to check without bringing up a web browser at all?

Also, what antivirus/anti-malware programs are being used?

Only bringing this up due to one user who had installed a browser add-on that was actually affecting his game ping.

#66 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

Somewhere I have a memory of someone saying they got it to work when they switched to FactionPlay mode in game.

I tried this just now. Event screen did not work in FP.

I switched back to QuickPlay and it worked. I could redeem the one Octoberfrust Challenge I picked up.

Good news eh?

There's two challenges in the Ballistic one from just over 2 weeks ago? I do not seem to be able to redeem anything there.

Dammit PGI, really? You couldn't leave a bunch prizes up until this stuff was sorted properly?

I'll post this around, hope it helps a few more people.

#67 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:52 AM

For me, the most annoying thing is, not the EB bug itself. (MWO was always buggy.. like the stuck-in-dropdeck-bug... or the least 5 years old map-cross-movement-keys bug.. )

But, that, there is no official word on the EBB matter, since three weeks... except "we are tracking...".. Least they could say.. "We will work on that subject, after MW5M's release.."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users