Automatically Kick After A Team Kill.

58 replies to this topic

Poll: Automatically Kick after full TK. (130 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a reasonable suggestion?

1. Yes. (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. No. (82 votes [63.08%])

Percentage of vote: 63.08%

3. Suck it up and eat some bacon. (22 votes [16.92%])

Percentage of vote: 16.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

Sadly, all this will do is make the troll "TKers" go from out right killing people, to "mostly killing" people...

Also, sadly, the TKer crowd always seems to come out strong every weekend as of late...

#22 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

Accidents happen man but I will say this. Team-killing a person by accident is one thing, but doing it in self-defense is another. I'll admit that I've had my fair shares of team-killing, but it was mostly by accident and I would apologize (unless they got in my way). For self-defense I would report them afterward whether I was got or they were got.

Edited by Will9761, 24 June 2018 - 12:55 PM.

#23 MechanicalWraith

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

Perhaps just make team-kills and heavy team-damage more harshly affect your ranking, add a sixth tier that can only be attained by pure idiocy, and let the griefers enjoy each others' company.

New players still start at the bottom of T5 and work their way up, T6 is for dedicated *expletive(s)*
Decent players who aren't out to grief anyone can easily rank up fast enough to negate any ranking losses arising from occasional, accidental team-kills.

Edited by MechanicalWraith, 23 June 2018 - 01:49 PM.

#24 Burminator

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:09 PM

I have some accidental teamkills on my name and i have been teamkilled but i do not want to be kicked if a freindly locust runs in front of my fafnirs lb40x barrage. Then i had recently in faction warfare a team mate charging at me in the middle of the match just trying to kill me and a freind who was with me killed him. All i did was ask him in the beginning of the match when he wasin a light to cap well be disconnected immidiatly but it cost us that match because the the enemy stormed in right after the not so freindly allie was dealt with. Its not nice but it it is really hard or impossible for a computer program to know what was intentional or accidental. I don't want that my freind and i would be kicked for protecting our selvs.

#25 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

Amount of damage on a team kill could be a way to kick somebody immediately (doesn't counting damage with airstrike or artillery). If you do the most damage (KMDD) on a friendly and kill him, i think you deserve a kick out. Done some team kills and rarely done more than 10 damages doing them... S**t happen.

But self defense would be prohibited...

Edited by Damnedtroll, 29 June 2018 - 04:04 PM.

#26 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

View PostTesunie, on 21 June 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

Sadly, all this will do is make the troll "TKers" go from out right killing people, to "mostly killing" people...

Also, sadly, the TKer crowd always seems to come out strong every weekend as of late...

Tker are bad but seen a lot of pts and kill farmer using the rest of the team has canon fodder. Don't know which one is worse. Lost a lot of matches because of a glorious a**hole doing canon fodder calls and after that complaining that everybody died while he have done 1000 damage.

#27 Dr34dn0ugh7

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:01 PM

Been playing for years, never seen TKs as a big problem. Punish assaults who go the whole game without taking enemy damage only to be the last alive and die 11v1. Those players ruin almost every game

#28 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:20 PM

View PostRick T Dangerous, on 24 September 2017 - 04:38 AM, said:

Another idea: An option to vote in game to kick the player. One player in a team opens the vote, and if 3/4 (or all 11) of the team vote "kick him" the player get's the boot.
THAT is HORRIBLE people will just abuse it to kick people who they don't like BAD IDEA NO NO NO NEVER have you ever been in a game that has that sort of system people will kick you out just as soon as you join 'their' game for no reason.

View PostDr34dn0ugh7, on 06 July 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Been playing for years, never seen TKs as a big problem. Punish assaults who go the whole game without taking enemy damage only to be the last alive and die 11v1. Those players ruin almost every game
maybe the pilot is playing defensive instead of pushing head first into a deathball, ever think of that?

I like the 2 tk idea, that should allow for the accidental TK and still be fair if you really want to kick people, it will not solve the problem though... there will always be people who TK....

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 July 2018 - 11:23 PM.

#29 Arkama

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:07 PM

As an SRM boat, I say NO. If a light mech runs in between a heavy or an Assault and another mech usually there is zero time for the heavy/assault to react. Suddenly there is a friendly there and I've already hit the button.

I can understand either a certain amount of DMG or two kills. But one kill is more often than not the fault of the guy that stepped in front of the guns.

#30 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:52 PM

there is also my favorite 'laser limbo' where someone runs into your still firing lasers this tends to happen more with clan lasers due to their longer duration.

did i mention i got tked once by someone backing into my cherry red ct Dire wolf?

#31 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:18 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 10 August 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

did i mention i got tked once by someone backing into my cherry red ct Dire wolf?

I one time caused a TK by jumping in place (been doing so for a while) and an ally stepped underneath me causing me to land on them (can't adjust my landing once I'm jumping). My landing on them killed them... Posted Image

#32 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:08 PM

View PostTesunie, on 11 August 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

I one time caused a TK by jumping in place (been doing so for a while) and an ally stepped underneath me causing me to land on them (can't adjust my landing once I'm jumping). My landing on them killed them... Posted Image
DFA?

#33 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 11 August 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

DFA?

YUP!

If only it was an enemy though... Would have made it glorious! Rather than... you know... a TK... Posted Image

#34 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:45 PM

View PostTesunie, on 11 August 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

YUP!

If only it was an enemy though... Would have made it glorious! Rather than... you know... a TK... Posted Image
when the shadow cat first came out I was able to jump ontop of a king crab and aim my guns down to kill it.

#35 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:25 AM

No because it is not uncommon for your teammates to come darting in front of your Heavy Gauss sight lines, or for them to blatantly walk directly across your currently burning Laser Alpha.

It is also not uncommon for teammate to faceplant him/herself on top of an enemy mech obstructing shots from friendlies...many times players doing this wind up dead by their own team due to being...dumb...

Not uncommon for a teammate to be completely cored out to the point that a tiny little scratch is enough to kill...and he's wrapped up in a murderball. Assassins for example can have this problem, luckily their hitboxes are so good that they can shrug must of it off, but those players will try to run circles around an enemy at very close range while others try to shoot the enemy from range...that assassin will take FF, and if hurt enough is likely to get TK'd.

#36 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

View PostHumpday, on 22 August 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Not uncommon for a teammate to be completely cored out to the point that a tiny little scratch is enough to kill...and he's wrapped up in a murderball.

If I had a nickle for every time I got a TK with less than 5 team damage...

#37 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

If we were to incorporate this, we would need a way to weed out the guys intentionally firing on friendlies versus the guys who accidentally are just bad shots. Granted, bad shots drag down the entire team, and probably should be booted if they're that much of a liability, even on accident; but teamkilling on accident does happen. As well as that, there's the team killing the teamkiller; one of my matches forced the team to gang up on a TKer before he killed any more of our own, closest to booting him we could've gotten.

I think one TK that is on accident is fine, but even if it is an accident, two TKs drags the whole team down.

#38 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

View PostArcRoyale, on 23 August 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

If we were to incorporate this, we would need a way to weed out the guys intentionally firing on friendlies versus the guys who accidentally are just bad shots. Granted, bad shots drag down the entire team, and probably should be booted if they're that much of a liability, even on accident; but teamkilling on accident does happen. As well as that, there's the team killing the teamkiller; one of my matches forced the team to gang up on a TKer before he killed any more of our own, closest to booting him we could've gotten.

I think one TK that is on accident is fine, but even if it is an accident, two TKs drags the whole team down.
so let's just create another reason to turn new people away from the game, (referring to your bad shot comment)

#39 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:54 AM

I would appove max 2 TK's, then auto-kick in similiar matter as was done in War Thunder.

PS: I was treated that way when I seriously accidentally TK'd two our guys in Sim Mode :(

#40 OP8

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:29 AM

I've never killed a teamate on purpose, but it does happen here and there because all my mechs carry 2 arty strikes, and often times friendly lights ignore the obvious smoke and run in to face hump reds while the bombs fall. I get at least one <5dmg light tk a week due to vulture style players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users