Automatically Kick After A Team Kill.

58 replies to this topic

Poll: Automatically Kick after full TK. (130 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a reasonable suggestion?

1. Yes. (26 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. No. (82 votes [63.08%])

Percentage of vote: 63.08%

3. Suck it up and eat some bacon. (22 votes [16.92%])

Percentage of vote: 16.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:31 PM

if someone team kills a mech on your team, an enemy mech of the same weight class should explode to keep things balanced

and the teamkiller should explode too so they cant team kill again. which also means another enemy mech of the same weight class should explode to keep things balanced.

that keeps the teams nice and even. otherwise your team would be down 2 mechs which is really unfair. why should you suffer an autoloss because of some team killing idiot? so obviously the game needs to blow up 2 enemy mechs to restore equilibrium.

Edited by Khobai, 06 September 2018 - 11:53 PM.

#42 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

View PostKhobai, on 06 September 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

if someone team kills a mech on your team, an enemy mech of the same weight class should explode to keep things balanced

Ah yes, me randomly exploding for no reason at the start because someone on the other team is trolololing at the start because 'its just a prank' is such a "FUN" mechanic.

#43 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:56 PM

View PostAthom83, on 08 September 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

Ah yes, me randomly exploding for no reason at the start because someone on the other team is trolololing at the start because 'its just a prank' is such a "FUN" mechanic.

I'm fairly certain there should have been sarcasm warnings there... At least how I took it.

#44 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:02 AM

View PostAthom83, on 08 September 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

its not for no reason. its to maintain equilibrium. why should one team automatically lose because of a teamkiller at the start?

if you have to die randomly so the game remains fair so be it Posted Image

GOTTA KEEP THE TEAMS EQUAL BRO.

Edited by Khobai, 10 September 2018 - 12:12 PM.

#45 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:16 AM

Voted with No.

Reasoning is that, while it probably sucks for those affected by teamkillers in tier5 (new account with the intend of griefing), the vast majority plays in higher tiers and teamkills are common.

I've had 2-3 team kills caused by me in one single game but me doing just 3-5 teamdamage overall.

Especially in the late game, when folks are deep red crit anyways, a teamkill can occure pretty fast.
Having shot a friendly is already a punish and shouldn't be punished more by having yet another team member removed from the game.

Would definitely not make for a good gameplay mechanic for games in which unintentional teamkills happend.

#46 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

I think you should create a new Feature Request : "Automatically kick out a player after a Team Kill, IF he was already reported or then gets reported by enough of his team mates".

Edited by Humble Dexter, 21 September 2018 - 11:54 AM.

#47 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:04 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 21 September 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

I think you should create a new Feature Request : "Automatically kick out a player after a Team Kill, IF he was already reported or then gets reported by enough of his team mates".

I would approve, but like I said, also when two TK's were recorded during the match. That should suffice to give a legit reports, not fakes just to kick out undesired in eyes of other players.

#48 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:42 AM

View PostKhobai, on 10 September 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

its not for no reason. its to maintain equilibrium. why should one team automatically lose because of a teamkiller at the start?

if you have to die randomly so the game remains fair so be it Posted Image

GOTTA KEEP THE TEAMS EQUAL BRO.
Why should i blow up and get my gaming experince ruined because some troll decided to be a teamkiller? Do you have any idea how that could be abused? that'd be Like EA games level suicide.

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 10 September 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Voted with No.

Reasoning is that, while it probably sucks for those affected by teamkillers in tier5 (new account with the intend of griefing), the vast majority plays in higher tiers and teamkills are common.

I've had 2-3 team kills caused by me in one single game but me doing just 3-5 teamdamage overall.

Especially in the late game, when folks are deep red crit anyways, a teamkill can occure pretty fast.
Having shot a friendly is already a punish and shouldn't be punished more by having yet another team member removed from the game.

Would definitely not make for a good gameplay mechanic for games in which unintentional teamkills happend.
Did I mention i got team killed by someone backing into my dire wolf when it had a bright red CT?

Edited by KursedVixen, 03 March 2019 - 08:41 AM.

#49 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:39 AM

Here is another hidden abuse of this system, where "if someone TKs an ally, someone on the other side randomly explodes to keep teams even".

"Oh dear, the least three enemy mechs are fast an alluding us. We out number them... QUICK! TK three of our teammates!"
*Pop pop pop*
"Yes. Got them and I didn't even need to hunt them down. Thank you allies for your sacrifice."

AKA: Last few enemies are being difficult, take their potential turn around victory away from them by killing your own teammates (if you outnumber your enemies). This would result in "evening the teams" and the last few enemies auto-destructing to "balance" the teams from the TKer on one side...

I'm sure the mechanic was tossed out there with heavy sarcasm though and is not a serious recommendation...

#50 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostTesunie, on 03 March 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Here is another hidden abuse of this system, where "if someone TKs an ally, someone on the other side randomly explodes to keep teams even".

"Oh dear, the least three enemy mechs are fast an alluding us. We out number them... QUICK! TK three of our teammates!"
*Pop pop pop*
"Yes. Got them and I didn't even need to hunt them down. Thank you allies for your sacrifice."

AKA: Last few enemies are being difficult, take their potential turn around victory away from them by killing your own teammates (if you outnumber your enemies). This would result in "evening the teams" and the last few enemies auto-destructing to "balance" the teams from the TKer on one side...

I'm sure the mechanic was tossed out there with heavy sarcasm though and is not a serious recommendation...
Yeah that's the impression i was getting ,but i was just playing along...

#51 Heathcules

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:49 AM

I remember being in tier 5 and TKs happened often. Mostly by board players that just want to see the world burn. But once you grind out of Tier 5 it seems to smooth out. I am in tier 2 now and haven't had any trouble like that.

It's almost like PGI needs a special tier for players that have more TKs.

#52 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:28 PM

Just want to say:

Yesterday I witnessed the Auto-Kick in motion on Hibernia, that is - Our (Posted Image) m8 just got kicked due to excessive Team Damage.

Sorry for lack of screenshot, but everyone else in match were equally puzzled as me after seeing this.

#53 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:57 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 19 April 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

Just want to say:

Yesterday I witnessed the Auto-Kick in motion on Hibernia, that is - Our (Posted Image) m8 just got kicked due to excessive Team Damage.

Sorry for lack of screenshot, but everyone else in match were equally puzzled as me after seeing this.

There... is no auto-kick feature for team damage nor for TKing... There are only auto-wait penalties for the next match for those. Unless of course someone has done enough team damage/TKing for a long enough period of time that you saw them actively get banned...

Only thing I can think of that happened there are:
- The person was actively banned for some reason, depending upon how long they've been doing excessive TKing/TD. The ban just happened to take effect during the match, resulting in an apparent boot or disconnection. (Where they able to rejoin or continue playing afterwards?)
- The person had a conveniently timed disconnection/internet blip.
- The person disconnected themselves.

#54 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:02 PM

View PostTesunie, on 20 April 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

There... is no auto-kick feature for team damage nor for TKing... There are only auto-wait penalties for the next match for those. Unless of course someone has done enough team damage/TKing for a long enough period of time that you saw them actively get banned...

Only thing I can think of that happened there are:
- The person was actively banned for some reason, depending upon how long they've been doing excessive TKing/TD. The ban just happened to take effect during the match, resulting in an apparent boot or disconnection. (Where they able to rejoin or continue playing afterwards?)
- The person had a conveniently timed disconnection/internet blip.
- The person disconnected themselves.

I am more than certain that I saw server message about kicking player after making Team Damage during the match. 10 other players were also aware of that. So the most probable is the first option.

#55 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:25 AM

As long as accidental teamkills outweigh intentional ones, such a system would mostly punish the whole team, since it would remove a potentially valuable player.

I guess you could make any action which results in a timeout also make the player eligible to a vote-kick, but that's an entirely new can of worms.

#56 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:39 AM

We need a system that doesn't punish unit members from TKing other unit members by accident. We also need a system that allows a forgive system. (I accidentally jump in front of a teammate and realize it so I forgive them.)

#57 o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2020 - 04:49 PM

Should an assault mech whos shot landed on a teammate who face-hugged an enemy mech be kicked from the game, robbing their team of the tonnage they had to offer? Absolutely not!

Also, any forgive/angry voting system can and would be griefed.

#58 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:16 PM

View Posto7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7, on 20 May 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

Should an assault mech whos shot landed on a teammate who face-hugged an enemy mech be kicked from the game, robbing their team of the tonnage they had to offer? Absolutely not!

Also, any forgive/angry voting system can and would be griefed.

I think a forgive for a TK could be good, where I realize it wasn't the shooters fault, but possibly my own fault. Like, the time I had a cherry red leg I was standing on, a teammate barely tapped me with a ram and killed me (that was how close to death I was). They got hit with a TK penalty because of it, even though it wasn't entirely their fault... I would have forgiven them if I could have.

#59 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 02:06 AM

In all my years of playing I can vaguely remember one guy deliberately TKing every other time it has been a mistake on the part of either the guy shooting the guy getting shot or most commonly neither of the two paying attention and having tunnel vision.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users