Faction Play Drop Deck Challenge Details - Updated

310 replies to this topic

#261 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

@Players: Thank you to everyone who participated, even the clanners who killed me. :D Especial thanks to a few absolutely brilliant drop callers that made for enjoyable games even when we lost!

@PGI: Alright, here is my after action report:

I failed all five categories. My primary deck had no mediums so that is one.

Light units failed to get any solo kills and managed to get exactly (20/20) assists.

Heavy units failed to achieve enough kills (7/15) and solo kills (1/3) with total of 103 assists. :(

Assault units likewise failed, with (5/20), (1/4) and total of 58 assists.

Then to fifth challenge:

Scouting was by random chance silly easy, first match was a crushing win over the clanners.

Siege: Several wins (5/1), a couple of them even really easy.
Conquest: Lots of games, clans won them ALL.
Domination: Some games, clans won them ALL.
Assault / skirmish: Not sure which, one game, one loss.
Incursion: ZERO games. :(

End conclusion: The class based challenges are challenging for a tier 5 bottom of the barrel like me... but the FP game mode challenge was total bust. In addition to the forum complaints I both read and heard numerous complaints. What is even more borked is the fact that different people were missing completely different games. At least one person managed to fail by missing conquest (no tries available), which I got a lot. Also, despite how massively over common siege was, at least one clan player only got his first and only siege just before time went out and he lost the match. :(

Very, very serious request, already echoed by many: Please do not make challenges impossible for many people to finish with RNGed access to even trying, thank you. Asking for say... Seven FP wins in any mode or 1 scouting + 6 of any, would have meant that I would have still failed, but a lot of people would have been very happy with that.

#262 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Just stop calling such events "Challenge".
Call such RNG events "Lottery".

#263 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

View PostERescue, on 05 October 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Very, very serious request, already echoed by many: Please do not make challenges impossible for many people to finish with RNGed access to even trying, thank you. Asking for say... Seven FP wins in any mode or 1 scouting + 6 of any, would have meant that I would have still failed, but a lot of people would have been very happy with that.

A while ago (I think with CW patch?), PGI announced they introduced a way to adjust weighting FP modes for events - that would have been great, question is why wasn't it done when it would have made the event more tolerable?

Making the condition "1 win OR x total match score" per mode would have provided the less fortunate players with a way to grind through the goal even if they have a tendency to find the least competent teammates around.

#264 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Hey PGI,

I rarely complain on an event because they are usually easily done in a couple of hours of gaming but his time ? :/

I played all WE and got only ONE incursion game. I sadly lost it and never saw the mode again...

I have nothing to say for the other aspect of the challenge, anybody with enough dedication will reach them, but the last item of the challenge littérale boils down to pure random luck, no options possible to select the mode we need.

Can some of our other wins on the other game types « bleed » to compensate the one game mode we miss??

Thank you for the event nonetheless,

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 05 October 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#265 A Hobo with a Shotgun

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Didn´t get my extra tournamentsupporterreward for the factionplaychallenge... meh.
Anyone else ?

_ALL GOOD now ,,, m :)

Edited by A Hobo with a Shotgun, 05 October 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#266 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

I tried:

Posted Image

#267 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

I really enjoy the fact that I couldn't finish the challenge because of a missing incursion match while I finished the KMDD for the Jenner Fury that I do not own ..

#268 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostA Hobo with a Shotgun, on 05 October 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Didn´t get my extra tournamentsupporterreward for the factionplaychallenge... meh.
Anyone else ?
Nobody did, apparently.

#269 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

So...how would they have adjusted the weighing of a mode when all modes were required?

#270 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

All challenges complete, including Scouting victory.

Nice prizes for the most part.

Not happy about random gametype condition as being a requirement to win one of the prizes though. Players have zero control over that and I have been arguing against such conditions ever since August 2015 with Territorial Control...which strangely enough pissed so many people off that dozens swore never to subject themselves to these events ever again.

Where are those people at, huh?

#271 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

Very nice to see that tournament supporters get double the rewards even though this information wasn't confirmed or released until after the event was over.
Good to see that people are getting rewards for their work to try to complete the last challenge, I'm curious how many people actually did manage to complete it.
Would it be too much to ask to have details for the new event on the website?

#272 Gazbeard

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPSR Tier 6

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

I gave up on it after the first evening - too many tier 1's seal clubbing the tier 5s !

If PGI want to have events like this they need to add tier-based matchmaking to faction play.

(and no, it's not a case of "git gud" - it's a case of give people a chance to git gud before pitting them against the seasoned pro's and world championship teams)

#273 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the compensation. Wish you at least mentioned you were going to address the issue. Would result in much less "Mode Challenge Frustration"

#274 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

my conclusion
from my own experience and what I have read . . this event needed to be a 10day + event

depending the time one is able to get on line, some modes only have that 5% chance to happen, and was never to very rarely seen, due to which Phase the tug-a-war was at. So some saw the same modes daily, and never saw the one's they needed.
Some kind of adjustment is needed for that happening, if having game mode as part of the challenge.
I actually like the current % chance in the phases are now, but it made it tough for those with a limited time frame for them to be part of the event. I would had thought just one win for each mode would had worked, but now after attempting such . . it's a lot harder to achieve.
It's really depends what part of the phase of the tug-a-war is at

I don't like to run Assaults since the changes made to the engines, but I had to for this event . . I ended up running a medium deck with the Assault , so I could complete the the medium portion, ( I asked the unit first, not bringing weight is a bad thing)
I didn't think I would had a problem with solo kills for Lights, but I was . . got lucky from a quitter . . and finding the DC before the rest of the team, some said farm for damage . . I said "screw that, I need the solo kill" and finished the kill quickly before any one else arrived.

No Ghost drops happen during the event Posted Image
Majority of the matches worked out great, but towards the end, there were some , where we offered free KMDD, they were that bad.
Getting into a lobby was bad, 15-20 minutes of searching before lobby sucked

maybe instead of 1 each mode, due to how the % works, 5 sieges, and any 1 of 2 of the other modes

now if one was to looked what weight class used the most, might see that Heavies are. So the required kills and damage could have been much higher, higher then needed for Assaults, although, those numbers may be different for IS drop decks, but on my IS dropdeck I still run heavies.

I saw a lot of mechs, that would work great in Quick Play . . but this was not Quick Play, Also saw some players playing like one would in QP . . but again, this is not QP. That was my most frustrating part of the event

Still happy about No Ghost DropsPosted Image

#275 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

View PostGaden Phoenix, on 28 September 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Seems very desperate of them to start offering so much MC for a FP event Posted Image. Did they previously offer MC (I skip all FC events...)?

Sadly 600MC not going to encourage and convince a lot of people that dislike FP to play the FP event (like me).

The last turkey shoot gave you 50 (IS) 100 (clan) per day for showing up, and it went on for quite a few days.

#276 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

Just saw the news on the updated rewards for the FP challenge. So happy that I will be getting the extra MC and c-bills! Got 7 siege wins enroute to completing the mode challenge. Too bad it's exempt from the support pack double bonus but still something extra is always nice

#277 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Well, I guess this counts me out. I did everything but the solo kill for the Light `Mech portion of the event.

#278 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

Lets run the odds a sec.

Lets be kind and assume a 50% win rate.

If a particular game mode has a 5% chance to occur, bayes' theorem means you have a pretty good chance for a win in all game modes after about 80 games.

Say these games take about 30 minutes and need about 10 minutes of wait time between, so PGI is asking you to play for 53 hours and 20 minutes, sound good to you?

#279 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

Was surprised to see that we got the new bonus even if we already completed all the mode challenge requirements, and was doubly surprised to see that we were able to get multiples of it, one for each mode with 5+ wins. Of course I'm grateful, but I'd much rather have had less stress with the original requirements.

And an event tracker that works for everyone.

#280 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Not sure what's going on.
The event never appeared in the sigma tab in game under active events.
I never got any rewards.
and it doesn't show up in recent events...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users