310 replies to this topic

#241 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:33 AM

normally I can get my alt account in these events, but I just finished with 7 hours left, don't think I can get any thing done in time for the alt . . well a couple, but not going to bother

it was nice to have 6 days of no ghost drops. there were some long searches for lobby tho

#242 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

Siege mode should be completely removed, the most stupid game mode since the day of its release. Conquest is much more tactical. Assault and Incursion are ok-ish too.

#243 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:14 AM

I was running some unmastered mechs on my principal alt for the daily double XP bonus and figured what the heck, clicked a FW invasion mode and got a conquest match, which was one of two types needed for the event, and the team actually won it. Did 4 more matches are got domination, siege, siege, domination. Don't need either of those. I need an incursion win on that account.

#244 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:59 AM

..saw one conquest match during entire event.. finally got it and won with 2 hours left...

..still need assault tho Posted Image

Also, any event the encourages disconnecting or suiciding because of not landing on the needed game-mode is a fail.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 05 October 2017 - 06:09 AM.

#245 Endo Clad Kiwi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:59 AM

Well I've played through three whole eight hour cycles, as well as other times playing. Not one assault game.
The other issue I'm noticing now is players suicide rushing because they are in a game mode not required for the event, so get in get out quick and queue up again for next fp match, another side effect of this event that's not good for the game...

#246 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

any word on bonus for supporter pack owners yet?

#247 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Well, it's the end of the Event, and thanks to RNG being a jerk, I go without one of the Game Mode Wins that I needed. PGI once again failed to consider for the odds that someone would never get a particular type of fight in Faction Warfare. I'm also still short a "Solo Kill while piloting an Assault", but I can thank all those who kept stealing my kills when I'm putting my full effort in to the fight. Long and short of it, I think the following Music Video...

...can convey my feeling better than I can with words. Have a listen, okay? Right now, I'm burned out. <_<

~D. V. "feeling like hell inside" Devnull

#248 MadC4t

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

What should I say...
I started the challenge at 3rd of October (9pm in the morning European Time)
I have won now 24 CW games (from 3.10.2017 - 5.10.2017)
2 Skirmish
4 Conquest
3 Incursion
2 Assault
and F*CKING 13 SIEGE MATCHES!
Even in the bracket for DOMINATION, (you think you will get Domination? Hahahaha! You get SIEGE!)
I got SIEGE... I got only 1 DOMINATION match and lost, cause the enemy Team had several good players, and i dropped only with a Unit mate and 10 randoms. We got stomped. ;)

So, now, the challenge is over. Wasted time.
Am I the only one with this "problem"? I think not.

Thx for nothing.

#249 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:00 AM

Can confirm, RNG element has been horrid.

Couldn't get that one domination match during the whole duration of the event. >:U

#250 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

well ye, as many others i just didnt get one mode to finish the last part.
as much as i have played i didnt even see Incursion mode once in FP lol.

other than that enjoyable challenge

#251 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

had luck, only 15 games needed for all modes. but yes, that random element should not be done again.

#252 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

So... Uhh... No tournament supporter bonus this time?

#253 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:11 AM

I finished...with just 5 minutes to spare. This event was 'kill an energy carrier' stressful. It ceased being fun about halfway through the time frame...I spent the last half chasing just one event requirement, and it was one of the solo kills (yes, I suck at piloting lights). I can't even imagine how it felt to have the random mode undone and to be able to have absolutely no input whatsoever into whether or not you'd get it.

One day I may learn to be able to let go of an event if it stops being fun. But I'm still stubborn for now. I just hope the event team avoids these kinds of requirements in the future.

AND FIX THE DRATTED EVENT TAB!

#254 Wuffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 05 October 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

So... Uhh... No tournament supporter bonus this time?

That would be the icing on a cake made of feces ...

I finished the event on Monday. Luckily, had a day off. But I've never been as salty playing MWO as during the event. My KDR must have suffered greatly from "wrong game mode yolos" ...

Edited by Wuffel, 05 October 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#255 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

*interrupting rants*

PGI, thank you for a CW event where waiting times were okay-ish and for the free stuff I could grab on two accounts (each the four Mech Class things). I could not get any incursion matches (afar), let alone won one (if I had an incursion match). But you know what? I will not pick up a fork and a torch because most matches were fun. Some lost (horribly), some won.
Next time please leave out RNG, and if not: what gives? I got some for free for playing a game I would have played anyways.

*interruption of rants over*

#256 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostWuffel, on 05 October 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

That would be the icing on a cake made of feces ...

I finished the event on Monday. Luckily, had a day off. But I've never been as salty playing MWO as during the event. My KDR must have suffered greatly from "wrong game mode yolos" ...

its not even the *wrong game mode yolo's", its the overall just derping of pretty much the majority of players having never really done 2 thoughts about FP.

that really lets you suffer in feto-pose all day long while cringe intensifies.
best thing i ever done was just disable ALL THE DAMN chats in a battle and stay silent. i bet, there would been quite alot more butthurt players by now if i would not have done it. lol.

#257 GreyDemon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sa
  • Tai-sa
  • 109 posts
  • LocationBerlin / Germany

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

I was so disapointed and angry , the last 1,5 day, so i disconneted or afk the last 3 hours if i got the wrong Mode.
This was the first time in my MWO Gamerlife.

Sorry for that , dear Teammates

#258 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

View PostGreyDemon, on 05 October 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

Sorry for that , dear Teammates

It's not ok.

Many of us stuck it out for the sake of those we dropped with.

You should have too.

#259 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

Now I could write a lot of curse-words and 4-letter words. For which I would get banned.

I didn't finished that challenge because I only got 2 or 3 domination matches. And in this matches the enemies where better premade groups.

So I leave it with: Please don't make challenges, which are based on random things, which players can not controll or influence.
The game modes in CW come more or less random, it is not sure that you get this or that game mode.

But PGI made 10- 20 events with not so clever goals. They never learn. There is a difference between Events that are challenging, And Events where you can only pray and it is nothing but pure random luck if you get that last game mode, which you need.

Edited by tee5, 05 October 2017 - 09:47 AM.

#260 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

Well, it figures... After the time expires, I get exactly what I would have needed... One "Assault Game Mode Win" and one "Solo Kill with an Assault Mech"... But it didn't count because time was expired... Funny thing, I was already LOCKED INTO THE QUEUE TO DROP when time expired, so that last match should have counted. THIS IS THE BREAKING STRAW FOR ME, DAMNIT... The clock should have been LONGER! :angry:

<*walks off*>

~Mr. D. V. "Less than 2 years, but I'm finally forced to just give up... I Quit." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users