Faction Play Drop Deck Challenge Details - Updated

310 replies to this topic

#201 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

OMFG, seriously?! I've waited for a day and a half for the damn progress bar to be on Incursion (last phase before Seige at the end).

I get on about 15 minutes ago, and yay, it's into the Incursion phase for Clan. I immediately drop what I'm doing in real life and start waiting for a match.

Except I wait for 15 minutes and no match, so I'm like ok, let me cancel and restart the search.

So I back out, refresh the page and voila! Invasion progress bar is no longer on Incursion, it's reverted back to Assault.

And just like that, I'm back to 5% odds of getting the match I actually need.

I wait a while longer and yay, it's back to Incursion. I get two drops. One is SIEGE AGAIN, and the other is Skirmish. We win both, but by the time I try to do a 3rd drop while I have decent odds of getting Incursion, the invasion has already progressed into Siege mode. So I'm back to just 5% odds of getting an Incursion match in any given drop.

No thanks.

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 03 October 2017 - 05:09 PM.

#202 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

>Disclaimer: Recently returned player.

The ballistic challenge was fun and easy. Even a casual player like me was able to complete it with the right amount of urge to play without being overwhelmed. I'm sure the more hardcore types finished it too quickly.

This challenge, however, is nigh impossible at my rate of my play. The event is almost done and I'm not anywhere close to completing any of the tiers.

Just an observation. Not all the events need to cater to the casuals but hopefully they balance out.

#203 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

whoops, wrong thread.

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 03 October 2017 - 05:07 PM.

#204 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 03 October 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

OMFG, seriously?! I've waited for a day and a half for the damn progress bar to be on Incursion (last phase before Seige at the end).

I've always thought they are random. Where has it been said that they are fixed and based on the tide of war bar?

I completed mine two days ago. Incursion came many times, though most IS teams didn't want to win it, until I got bunch of good guys who just fought really well and wrecked the base in the process. Easy win, them same thing second time, a good team that was just so much better at fighting, that it ddin't matter.

How do you get incursion matches? Play.
How not to get them? Don't play.

I mean sure if they are fixed, it's different thing, but I got mine all playing.

#205 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

They used to be fixed. Now they're weighted heavily toward what they used to be fixed on, but there's a chance of getting any other mode. It's no excuse to not play, though, because while you scoff at that 5% chance, not trying is probably why you haven't gotten one yet.

#206 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Could some kind soul explain to me how to interpret the invasion bar to determine which bar tick indicates which map mode is being rotated in?

#207 FuzzyNZ

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

How many more to go?? GG PGI.

Posted Image

#208 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

View Postarcana75, on 03 October 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

Could some kind soul explain to me how to interpret the invasion bar to determine which bar tick indicates which map mode is being rotated in?

https://mwomercs.com...id=1859#newtech

#209 Squirell

• Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:27 PM

And yet another Event that I can't participate in because the tab still doesn't work.

Nor will PGI respond to fix this issue in a timely matter.

#210 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 03 October 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

I've always thought they are random. Where has it been said that they are fixed and based on the tide of war bar?

In past patch notes, where they described how the odds of getting any particular mode are determined.

#211 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostFuzzyNZ, on 03 October 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

How many more to go?? GG PGI.

Posted Image

That's depressing. Would you trade one Domination and Conquest for one Incursion? Glad I skipped this challenge before investing too much of my time.

#212 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:57 PM

https://pbs.twimg.co...sUQXkAABt3e.jpg

Reduce it to 6 of 7.....

Posted Image

Edited by Kinski Orlawisch, 03 October 2017 - 11:57 PM.

#213 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:08 AM

And done... main account...all weight categories... missing two "game type" wins. Just not going to bother. Don't need the 200MC or standing cockpit items badly enough to put myself thru more frustration on a game mode I could care less about outside of events.

#214 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:30 AM

I've been dropping in FP almost constantly. Incursion is too rare, Skirmish can only be gotten reliably right after the FP cycle starts, and the odds of finding a competent team on the IS side are even worse.

#215 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:37 AM

Ironically when I started the event on this account, the incursion came early and ended quickly with a win because of a base rush first wave, initiated after I and another first doing a battery exchange trip to get the radar and jammer up. I haven't seen the game type again since in another twenty or so matches.

#216 Chilihead

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

hey cmon 21 Siege Wins but not only 1 incursion since 3 days, that was sadly a loss! When will you learn to avoid such KO criterias if your system doesn´t support it? Instead of fullfilling 7 modes how about 6 out of 7 or add one like get 20 wins in total? Would be so easy to avoid frustration!
I really appreciate the events, and the free stuff and it may be challenging (no problem) but it has to be achivable!

Edit: 5mins later I won a incursion, lol. Nevertheless I had to try 3 days

Edited by Chilihead, 04 October 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#217 Ishishi

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

Already said my opinion on the first part of the event, but at least it is somehow doable.

The 2nd part with the random game modes just hurts. Do you guys from PGI know how much time someone has to spend on this? Do you know that you shouldnt play on a PC more then 2 hours a day, want us to get addicted, ill?

Why cant you make events doable in a proper time. Just to let you know, to get into a game of FP and till it ends it takes about 40 mins, so you can do about 3 games in 2 hours? And you have to win those games to make it count...

OK, im a pugger, thats my fault some would say, but i simple dont wanna join a community outside the game itself, or use a tool for communication and stuff. Why is there nothing in this game to manage a unit, if it is so important?

Dont need the 200MC to be honest, but i like to achieve things.

#218 CptnHero

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

Gimme ******* game, will you? I don´t think i will finish the event, actually i dont really care, but i get zero games on fp lately. Pls dont make events on fp, it will drive players away from it.

#219 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:55 AM

Posted ImageB0ll0, on 03 October 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...id=1859#newtech

Wow thanks, somehow I've missed that. But stll they can adjust these things at will, for the event. They spesifically said it during one QP event that they hadn't thought about it, as the event required some wins on spesific mode and they had no means to alter the odds for the event, and they said in future they will change it so that different modes will have more equal chances.

And still, that shows chances. Not hard fixed mode. So you want a certain mode, you play. When the event started, I had joined a small unit but we didn't first have any contract and no call to arms never showed up as I guess the queue was so full on both sides. But then little later the leader took IS merc contract and I went off to play.

What was most difficult was not to get spesific mode, but to have a team that knows how to win that. I mean these random IS pugs I get are far better at winning modes like siege because it requires less understanding about the objective.

And out of those two incursion wins, both happened in row, and both were because I was matched with a good unit in larger group who were much better than the opposing Clan team and we just all fought and in the process wrecked the base too.

The third one was a fairly sad team like most, but it was actually odd in that the Clan team was even more sad. In that game I made one solo attack over base after farming a lot of damage againts the backsides of Clan noobs, then second time I charged the base behind a assult who insted of pushing 100 meters forward and engaging the base structures, he engaged the single enemy mech instead. But that allowed me to talk past both and deal a little bit more to the base until someone with brains came to defend their base. I did over half the enemy base damage on that game using a beat up Maruder and later fairly fresh Bushwacker which of course was taken out fast. Sure I got really lucky, Im not that good, but at least I had the right idea. I didn't even kinda want to attack the base, but as the Clan team was even worse than the IS team, I did, so that someone from our team who maybe tried and really had a good try, maybe those few actually deserved the win.

Spoiler

#220 SATAN 666

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

Hello, I just came here to tell you , dear developers or event managers, that the idea of winning all the game modes is a total bull*shi*t ! How is it possible, that a did get the skirmish map only 1 time in 3 days?Most of the time it is siege mode. Either extend that event to 1 month or make the maps appear a bit more randomly.

Thanks for your attention.

PS ; and one other thing that pisses me off so much,I get thrown away from the server. and even if I manage it to reconnect, I 'm getting a stupid penalty!But most of the time i m unable to reconnect which leads to increased penalty time

PS2: I wrote this during my 10mins penalty time

Edited by SATAN 666, 04 October 2017 - 09:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users