Faction Play Drop Deck Challenge Details - Updated

310 replies to this topic

#161 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:18 AM

My alt has won 1 assault (and only seen the 1), 1 domination (has also only seen it once), 0 incursion (saw one, reported about it previously), 5 sieges (seen probably ten total), 1 conquest (and lost 1) and 2 skirmish (out of 3). I don't mind the million plus cbills for each of those wins... but still... I could have done with repeated siege matches over and over and over.

#162 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

View PostMajor Tomm, on 02 October 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

Too many Siege games for this tournament to work. I played 7 Faction matches tonight and 6 were Siege while only one was Skirmish. At this rate the odds are you would need to play about 100 matches to meet the victory conditions. Since who knows, you might never get one of the modes to come up even then.

I would love to just do these, but yeah . . for the event . . it's not working for the event . . still having fun .. though I was in 3 matches in a row, where there was no team playing together, had to take a break after that.

I still only seen one Incursion, in 2.5 days of the event, that's not good, half the event gone and so far only one chance (which was a loss)

#163 sub2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 02 October 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Played solo or 12-men premade?

Lol, he makes premades. I've dropped with him being a pug. He is excellent Drop Caller.

Edited by sub2000, 02 October 2017 - 02:00 AM.

#164 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:54 AM

Pgi. Please modify these conditions with 4 or 5 random victories among the 7 proposed mode.

Otherwise it would have to play +100 to get there. and this is not too possible in 5 days Posted Image

#165 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:02 AM

PGI will go down on history how to take hold on succesful IP and how you can ruin it by forcibly reaching out into mediocre masses.
At least future generations might be able to avoid this kinda catastrophe, when they read about this game and it's development.

#166 Wuffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:38 AM

Siege, siege, siege, siege ... this is just stupid ...

At least I am not the only one losing his shi* ... Some people seem even madder than me in my last drops ...

#167 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:16 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 02 October 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Played solo or 12-men premade?

I did exactly what the mode said I should do? Did you bother to read it before clicking "OK"?????

Posted Image

1. We were a 6-8 man for the most part.
2. We brought proper builds and were organised on Comms.
3. We played / worked as a team.
4. Hell we were even playing with people that didn't speak ENGLISH.

I mean, even the PUGs half-paid attention this time... Maybe they have finally realised that playing "my own way" in a 12 v 12 team-game just doesn't work?

View PostVXJaeger, on 02 October 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

Not a single ******* victory yesterday, so I suppose balance is perfect PGI-wise. Even Gods of probability are against such outcome, that's how badly MWO is ****** right now.

lol.

Read above and you'll win.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 02 October 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#168 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 29 September 2017 - 04:42 AM, said:

It's not that easy. I know that from experience. I'll see you In-Game in a few hours, and can't get on until then. Posted Image

Sadly, with how bad Missile Weapons are at the moment, I'm going to have to figure out a whole new Drop Deck. My old Support Deck isn't going to cut it, even though it was matched to my natural play style. It makes me think that somebody out there has been trying for a long time to ruin the Combat Square that MWO is supposed to have, and they've finally succeeded at the expense of the community being able to become large and happy. Sadly, whoever has succeeded at this breakage has forgotten that not everyone is a natural brawler, and many can't be due to any number of issues. Worse, whoever has made this breakage happen is likely either of the Sniper-type that wanted free reign to just sit out without moving, or whiny brats who couldn't learn to use cover and/or defensive options. There's literally more ways to Counter Missiles right now than there are hammers for a particular task at a Hardware Store. Like, there's pretty much enough ways that you could match them to a Deck of Playing Cards! If you don't believe me, go check the Previous Event Thread, where I posted a sickening list of how many ways there are to Counter Missiles, and even still missed mentioning a few ways!!! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I'm 'Ocean Salt'-level sick of people trying to change MechWarrior into something it is not..." Devnull

Try ATMs compaired with LRMS... LRMS to activate those AMS and the ATMs to do the kills ( and damage ). ;)

#169 HawkEyes75

• Pip
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • Korpral Første Klasse
  • 10 posts
  • Locationsummit Hill, PA.

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

at least most of you had a to play, i've missed the last two event challenges, because my event screen doesn't show any events to get into, well done PGI, get off your Asses and fix it, i'm sure i'm not the only one having this problem.

#170 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:29 AM

dear pgi.

I don't blame you for people not talking when you give them the ingame voip to do so.
I don't blame you for people ramboing it out, not listening to calls, not looking at the map.
I don't blame you for FW being no fun during an fw-event.

however - you could have avoided this desaster that currently goes on;
open your events for qp and fw, and the teamplayers as well as the rambos are way happier.
and we told you that oh so often.

question is: don't you learn from mistakes or are you just not bothered with/by them? cause you repeat them all over.
sorry for the salt, but MWO is _really_ no fun atm.

again:
I don't blame you for people being people. but it really annoys me that you should know better than doing your events the way you do.

#171 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 October 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

lol.
Read above and you'll win.

I already founded and build one of the largest units there has been, so I don't bother anymore.
You see, it disintegrated because of incredibly stupid development decisions PGI has made, so no use to do it again.

#172 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:59 AM

Thoughts on this event, after doing what I'm going to do for it:

- FW as a mode can still be VERY rough unless rolling in a large group. I like to play / drop with with 2 or 3 of my RL buddies at a time, and am unlikely to join a a larger group than what I already have. This makes the mode pretty painful. It's still no fun knowing just by looking at the drop screen who is going to win the match.

- It can be frustrating trying to get solo kills, but thankfully only a few needed for the event. Seemed like on my heavies, everyone had a tendency to swoop in once i had a guy most of the way down.

- Also frustrating - Having the longest challenge to be done in assault mechs, which can generally be only 1/4 of your deck. That makes this part of the challenge take MUCH longer than other parts, which is why I decided it's no longer worth my time to do this part.

- Modes. Big time failure. Have plenty of wins, nearly all of them siege or incursion. Game types just don't show up when i need them. Not going to worry about this challenge either.

Suggestions for the future -
- Still need to work on making FW more solo-er and small group friendly. The mode is too painful for more than a short trip in.

- Class based rewards shouldn't have had the class hardest to work into a deck with the largest workload. Instead, we should have had assaults and lights with the smaller numbers to make, with mediums and heavies taking the bigger ones.

- Mode RNG. Terrible idea. Been discussed, so i won't say any more on this front.

Edited by Daurock, 02 October 2017 - 07:00 AM.

#173 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:44 AM

I guess that's the challenge part: play clan to have an edge, find 12 people who are actually decent to play with to ensure victory, grind with them for 10 hours to ensure you get each game mode at least once. In short, a waste of time.

Edited by kapusta11, 02 October 2017 - 07:45 AM.

#174 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 October 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

I did exactly what the mode said I should do? Did you bother to read it before clicking "OK"?????

Do you have any problem with simple questions?

And by the way, feel free to ask PGI to ban solo players in FW. It will be very funny.

Edited by MarsThunder, 02 October 2017 - 08:24 AM.

#175 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

Same as everyone else... I have 20 wins on the board but I am missing the needed game mode.

#176 Skull Rucker

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

I'm with you. I already racked up many times over the victories, but missing the one I need.
Frustrating

#177 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:52 AM

Could I get another game mode asides from Siege? I know. RNG, etc. :)

#178 Odin Gunterson

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLa Florida

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:03 AM

3 days playing and no Incursion. Only SIEGE, SIEGE, SIEGE!!!

One more Orbital Cannon and I... I...

It seems that they are so cheap, their numbers are more than mechs.

After the mental and physical meltdown, we started to "make-believe" that we were in Dune, against Sardaukars, because the spice must flow, you know.

#179 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

This might be the FIRST event where i'm going to simply GIVE UP in trying to achieve that last bit of the challenge.

Maybe i should buy Killer Instinct...

#180 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

I've only completed three modes: Domination, Incursion, and Skirmish.

All the others: No! And those three modes I have mentioned are repeating: over and over and over.

Thanks for the sour persimmons!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users