310 replies to this topic

#141 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

View Postblighty, on 01 October 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

This is crazy - its causing people to RUIN OTHER PEOPLES GAMES by leaving. I dont want to do that, id rather you fix this PGI.

I will confess to doing this yesterday in a desperate attempt to get a matchup, any matchup, that wasn't Siege Mode AGAIN.

I did it a few times until the timer penalty was 10 minutes and then I quit playing the game. I felt bad about leaving those teams hanging and won't be doing that again... I'll just do what I'm doing today. I check the status bar and if it's Siege, I simply walk away from the game and go do something with my time that I'll actually enjoy.

#142 Wuffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

View PostIshishi, on 01 October 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

https://imgur.com/ZYq9W6H

My kills get stolen...thats annoying and im not sure if this is what community warfare should be. #PlayYourGame

I hear ya bro' :D

I finally got lucky in a match and scored multiple consecutive kills in my exe ...

Now the problem is just to find A match.

Otherwise it might be a problem to get the last 3 kills and the victory in assault ...

#143 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

OK guys, I have a small theory about the "Can't see the Event Broser.." problem..

I am not an IT guy, so could it be, that what I found out is just bu**sh**.. But I checked the forums.. and almost every prinscrteen, what you have sent to us, looks like mine.. I mean the Video Setup resolution.. For me, it looks like, mostly people, with low resolution have the problem with the Event Browser...

I am using the lowest game/video resolution, because I playing with a potato-PC.. and my operation system and other programs are surely not up-to-date (put it mildly)..

So my theory is: I guess the tech-support guys by PGI have close to top-end maschines, and they can't find the problem.. I have potato-PC with older programs, and have that ******* EB problem.. So could it be, that something is "too old" in our PC's?

So... Short.. How many of you, who has problems with the Event Browser, has a high-end maschine, with the latest program (OS, driver, etc) updates?

(Or really, just the near-potato-PC-owners have this problem?)

#144 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

Wooo, i finally got my only Incursion match!

And i lost it, because it was PUG vs a 12man premade. #PUGLIFE

#145 Crashburn

• PipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 30 September 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

I don't know what's going on, but since the Event began, my computer is lagging hard with MWO. Framerates are nosediving all the way down to 10 FPS, and not getting higher than about 40 FPS in battle. Normally, I would get between 40 to 150 FPS without regard to what I was doing. I've changed nothing myself since the last Monthly Patch, so I have to figure that MWO has some kind of awful issue with its' code. I've run the Repair Tool, but that's telling me everything's alright. Any chance we can get PGI's Staff to look into this issue, and see if they can duplicate and fix it on their end? Right now, I'm having trouble with being able to play at all, and I had to give up on even touching anything with Missiles equipped on it because of the current player climate. My combat effectiveness is down to 25% of what it used to be, and what's caused it to fall is beyond my control. To deck it off, the laggy slideshow I'm now stuck playing with is making me feel rather sick and nauseous. I don't like being wrongfully punished like this. Posted Image

~D. V. "Stuck with both Computer and Brain choking to death..." Devnull

I'm having the same issue. Did you just recently have a windows update install? Only having it occur on my laptop thus far. It was running ok since the latest MWO patch. But I remember windows 10 installing a huge update, and since I've run MWO then, it's been laggy as hell when in a full 12v12 on screen. I'm thinking some issue w/ the windows update & MWO, because nothing else has changed.

#146 Crashburn

• PipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

Also I just got a 7 kill match w/ my Assault mechs....game crashed, re-logged back in asap, and game ended, and lo and behold it didn't count my kills under the assault category. Is that a penalty for not reconnecting in time or bug? If it's a time penalty, that's kind of ridiculous and needs to be lengthened because I immediately logged back in and loaded into the game asap. If trying to get back ASAP and can't make it under their penalty time....than that needs to be changed because it's unrealistic...and we shouldn't be penalized for pgi's buggy code!

#147 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

FINALLY got to see an incursion match after like 20 hours playing the event and it was lost in 3 mins 26 seconds. The enemy team did an all lights/fast mediums base rush. Four total kills among 24 players on the field. Most of their match scores were only double digits. Thanks again PGI for such quality planned out event conditions and goals.

#148 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 01 October 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

OK guys, I have a small theory about the "Can't see the Event Broser.." problem..

I am not an IT guy, so could it be, that what I found out is just bu**sh**.. But I checked the forums.. and almost every prinscrteen, what you have sent to us, looks like mine.. I mean the Video Setup resolution.. For me, it looks like, mostly people, with low resolution have the problem with the Event Browser...

I am using the lowest game/video resolution, because I playing with a potato-PC.. and my operation system and other programs are surely not up-to-date (put it mildly)..

So my theory is: I guess the tech-support guys by PGI have close to top-end maschines, and they can't find the problem.. I have potato-PC with older programs, and have that ******* EB problem.. So could it be, that something is "too old" in our PC's?

So... Short.. How many of you, who has problems with the Event Browser, has a high-end maschine, with the latest program (OS, driver, etc) updates?

(Or really, just the near-potato-PC-owners have this problem?)

Both of my machines have their screen resolutions set to highest for each system. In-game, detail settings are set to low, for better performance. I just tried setting that to the highest, but it made no difference.

#149 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

Well I finished my weight class rewards on the primary alt... short an incursion victory for the final bonus. Switching to primary account and hopefully monday we'll see PGI admitting they didn't correct the mode rotation and FIXING THAT.

#150 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:27 PM

View PostIshishi, on 01 October 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

Faction Play is bugged.

Im trying to get a match, but it`s only "Searching"...

Maybe we need more players?

need more IS Players playing in FP

I looked at my friends list, just noting those online not deployed yet, they were all Clan (mostly mercs) just 2 IS, and one was bugged, I already knew they were offline, the other 27 online were clan.
was in a search for a long time, before getting lobby.

IS should be getting instant drops in a 12 man, no waiting, or watching the spinning searching circle

I have not yet logged in my Alt, not sure I want to for solo pug drop, and have not yet built up his friends list, though I know which TS to go to , to finding a group, just been lazy.

I find lights fun, but rarely play them, and assaults are just too slow for me to enjoy, but own a couple, those will be my more difficult , but not hard to complete, due to not much experience with those weight classes. (exception to Assaults, are my Banshee and BattleMaster)

just a few more days to getting the missing modes completed, I wasn't expecting not to ever see Incursion, cool to seee hat a few have gotten it now

#151 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:40 PM

What the event browser has done to me: taken away the ability to check on my event progress while searching for a new match.

What the event browser has done for me: given me ample time while searching for a new match to note this on the forum.

Seriously...the thing does not work properly for a large portion of your player base, NOBODY asked for this, and it's driving people away from the events. Take one in your pride for the players and revert to what works.

#152 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

just curious, may be a silly question, but feel I need to ask

those not seeing their progress, due to event not showing, you are clicking it again to open it ?
It's not just a one click thing, to see the event. But if you are, then . . yeah silly question

#153 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostMarsThunder, on 01 October 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

I played quite a lot of FP matches during this a event (all as IS). Win/Loss ratio is awful.

I played heaps, got the event done basically in a few hours.

As IS I recall losing a grand total of, one game.

That was out of 40+ matches. No WLR issues here.

#154 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

I would had liked the Kills been KMDD's, would have been done by now Posted Image

no ghost drops, but long search waits, So I'm happy

#155 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:13 PM

Well all in all the event is fun, only thing to get me to play snoreplay.
I picked IS, as I knew the drop times would be a lot faster, even though the chances of winning are lower due to the sheer potato power. (In starcraft archon voice: Potato Overwhelming)
I've completed the heavy section, pretty much done with medium and light, and have a few left in the assaults.
Those should be achievable.
The light and medium ones can be easily done in scouting, a mostly heavy load will finish the heavies, but the assaults will require some juggling to get the tonnage right, I really wish you could drop with your tonnage and not a 4 mech requirement, i.e. take 3 mechs instead of 4 (but I guess this would be a balance nightmare)

HOWEVER, the game mode challenge is so screwed, it's not even funny. I doubt I would be able to complete it, even if it was play game of type, let alone win game of type. I am yet to see a damnation mode in my drops. I will keep playing till the rest are done, but I seriously doubt I will be chasing this, can only throw yourself into a suicide siege game so many times, storm the walls, like a good lil red shirt, oh wait I am dead.

I doubt even 1000MC would let me persist with this portion of the challenge.

Otherwise a really fun event, hope to see more.

#156 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:20 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 01 October 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

I played heaps, got the event done basically in a few hours.
As IS I recall losing a grand total of, one game.
That was out of 40+ matches. No WLR issues here.

Played solo or 12-men premade?

#157 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 02 October 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

Played solo or 12-men premade?

That you even had to ask that...

#158 Major Tomm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWolf 359

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:02 AM

Too many Siege games for this tournament to work. I played 7 Faction matches tonight and 6 were Siege while only one was Skirmish. At this rate the odds are you would need to play about 100 matches to meet the victory conditions. Since who knows, you might never get one of the modes to come up even then.

#159 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:04 AM

Not a single ******* victory yesterday, so I suppose balance is perfect PGI-wise. Even Gods of probability are against such outcome, that's how badly MWO is ****** right now.

#160 Wuffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:15 AM

Give us assault mode. People are starting to get mad!

It is really taking ist toll on the mood of some players (including me)

But since PGI chose to create the challenge in such a way despite our warnings, I assume they wanted it that way ...

Edited by Wuffel, 02 October 2017 - 01:51 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users