Faction Play Drop Deck Challenge Details - Updated

310 replies to this topic

#81 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

"Get Solo Kill" in a team-based environment.

Climb over your own team to selfishly accrue kills on your own. :/ In a team-based environment.

Would have appreciated Kill Most Damage Dealts...instead of having to feel like I have to compete against my own team to win the challenges...I want to compete against the enemy, not my own people!

Edited by Commander A9, 29 September 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#82 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostMech Toast, on 29 September 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

Posted ImageFind the feature.

That looks like mine. Ain't nothing there still.

EDIT: And no, there's nothing displayed under the pull down menus either. Headers is all I'm getting. And yes, I have tried every work-around people have posted up so far.

Edited by TheFourthAlly, 29 September 2017 - 04:28 PM.

#83 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 29 September 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

Climb over your own team to selfishly accrue kills on your own. :/ In a team-based environment.

Would have appreciated Kill Most Damage Dealts...instead of having to feel like I have to compete against my own team to win the challenges...I want to compete against the enemy, not my own people!

The kill part looks most harsh. Ok, no problem to get few solo kills, but scoring 10-20 _kills_ alone not good for a teamplay at all.

#84 FuzzyNZ

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

Remember, PGI and the Event organisers don't play the game that much. It's all about KILLS HERE!

#85 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, that's straight-up crap, especially for the fact that to drop 1 Clan Assault mech in your drop deck eats up assassine tonnage...

I refuse to pug in Faction Warfare, so, so be it.

View PostFuzzyNZ, on 29 September 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Remember, PGI and the Event organisers don't play the game that much. It's all about KILLS HERE!

I would pay money to challenge a 12-man PGI force with my team-really would!

Edited by Commander A9, 29 September 2017 - 05:40 PM.

#86 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

KFX-C with lots of AMS, MGs and SPL = frustrated IS players in splat builds. Just pulled a 765 damage, 2 solo kill, 2 assist scouting match with 265 missiles destroyed. The opposition had two streak-2 javelins and a pair of SRM/flamer mediums (shadow hawk and wolverine) and the map was terra therma. Our side was myself, two MLX-Gs and a Cheetah (which was our only casualty).

View PostCommander A9, on 29 September 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

Yeah, that's straight-up crap, especially for the fact that to drop 1 Clan Assault mech in your drop deck eats up assassine tonnage...!

Are you someone who never plays faction side ? Clan players have been bringing marauder IICs, highlanders IICs, madcat 2s, and super novas for a long time now. Three huntman/hbk2c/nova and a 90 ton assault fill a deck perfectly.

#87 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

No, I play Faction Warfare all the time, wherein Clans face two waves of enemy Assault mechs regularly. XD

#88 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 29 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

No, I play Faction Warfare all the time, wherein Clans face two waves of enemy Assault mechs regularly. XD

oH big deal... aim/play better. Assemble a balanced deck that can deal with any situation. A 30ton, 55 ton, 65 ton and 90 ton fit the 240 limit exactly.

So...

At 30 tons a Kit Fox if you want maximum weapons payload or a cheetah for a MG/laser build that strips components.

At 55 tons its pretty much whatever flavour of crow you prefer.

At 65 tons its a line backer if you want fast calvary rush, hellbringer for ECM, or ebon for maximum weapons load.

At 90 tons you have highlanders for tankiness, three of the super novas have structure/armor buffs also, and the mad cat 2s have good weapon quirks.

Edited by Dee Eight, 29 September 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#89 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

Finally my unit got a contract and I got in. Queue time is very fast or instant(IS perks), getting kills and KMDDs seems pretty easy too, with all the pugs going around.

For an average player the event won't be that difficult and I love this as so many players are playing due to the event. Plus so many of them are weaker tham me.

When I was playing Clan I didn't always, but often I took two assults. I don't see how that'a big problem. Two 85 tonners and then maybe Cheetah and Adder pair. Or Mist Lynx and Shadow Cat /Ice Ferret.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 29 September 2017 - 06:20 PM.

#90 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Except for this even being about all four weight classes, my IS deck is usually four heavies (three roughnecks and a cataphract).

#91 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

It's actually going better than I thought. Scored 7 kills with a Marauder IIC laser-based system. We've been rocking the field all night over here. Posted Image Should have this event wrapped up real soon.

A few more kills on all mech types, and I'll be done and done!

Want to win Faction Warfare? Want to win the event? Then group up. Get on these forums other than to troll people, seek out the units and Teamspeaks, PM their members, ask for help or a spot in the drop team. Learn from people...because there's alot to learn if people are willing to listen! :D

Edited by Commander A9, 29 September 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#92 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:19 PM

it is going better then I thought, for opponents , they are actually organized . . that is great
Damn happy to see that.
still seeing a couple players trying to be heroes, . . still ,it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be

#93 FuzzyNZ

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:45 PM

I've played at least 10 games, haven't seen a single incursion yet, yet alone win one.

#94 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

Argh, I play too late to do a 12-man faction fight and I really don't want to waste my time with a clumsy PUG group!

#95 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:29 AM

I don't know what's going on, but since the Event began, my computer is lagging hard with MWO. Framerates are nosediving all the way down to 10 FPS, and not getting higher than about 40 FPS in battle. Normally, I would get between 40 to 150 FPS without regard to what I was doing. I've changed nothing myself since the last Monthly Patch, so I have to figure that MWO has some kind of awful issue with its' code. I've run the Repair Tool, but that's telling me everything's alright. Any chance we can get PGI's Staff to look into this issue, and see if they can duplicate and fix it on their end? Right now, I'm having trouble with being able to play at all, and I had to give up on even touching anything with Missiles equipped on it because of the current player climate. My combat effectiveness is down to 25% of what it used to be, and what's caused it to fall is beyond my control. To deck it off, the laggy slideshow I'm now stuck playing with is making me feel rather sick and nauseous. I don't like being wrongfully punished like this. :(

~D. V. "Stuck with both Computer and Brain choking to death..." Devnull

#96 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:33 AM

This event asks for too much! I'm sorry, but I'm out. I gave it a go, and all I get for my effort is a big fat nothing!

Edited by Hawk819, 30 September 2017 - 06:34 AM.

#97 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

I've had about 10 good games and one with the sort of "we will shoot our own teammates if they don't play the way we want them to" that drives most away from ever bothering with FW, and that was a totally pug team vs an almost complete unit team. Apparently there are still players who haven't yet learned that they don't get to dictate how others play, or what mechs they bring, or how they use those mechs. Especially when they turn in pitiful #s themselves.

Edited by Dee Eight, 30 September 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#98 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 29 September 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yes...

Last night I was in several matches where some were playing so selfishly, it triggered team on team fighting from other players sick of being shot by selfish teammates trying to shoot through teammates to steal kills, or step right in front of them on the kill shot to steal it.

PGI, please never, ever run a challenge again where you encourage the *ssholes to be even bigger *ssholes. They'll take you up on the offer, every time.

#99 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostFuzzyNZ, on 29 September 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

I've played at least 10 games, haven't seen a single incursion yet, yet alone win one.

I played for about 10 hours on and off last night. I didn't count, but I had to get at least 12 drops... During that entire time, the game only gave me three different game modes. Assault once, skirmish twice and the rest siege.

I'm nearly done with all of the mech challenges, but am nowhere close to having a win for each mode. Obviously, whoever thought up the parameters didn't think them through very well. The challenge is highly imbalanced. Players can pretty much ignore the assist and dmg challenges, most can ignore the solo kill thing too. Heck, players who drop balanced decks can ignore the kill requirements too. Those conditions will almost certainly resolve themselves as you waste hours upon hours trying to get a win in each game mode.

(Like for assaults, you have to get 20 kills, but just 5 assists and just 4000dmg? I bet it's not even possible to get 20 kills with just 4000 dmg, and have 5 assists or less... Why not just say get 20 kills and drop the other stupid requirements that are statistically irrelevant?)

I suspect this will be like past challenges where a win in each mode was required. Twice I have been unable to complete those challenges. Not because I didn't help my teams win, and not because I didn't spent A LOT of time playing the game (check my stats), but rather because design flaws in the game itself meant that I never got a single drop in the required game mode, or if I did get the needed mode, the broken matchmaker kept putting me on teams that had no chance of winning against a much more skilled enemy.

PGI, please learn from your mistakes and stop giving us challenge requirements like this that are wildly imbalanced.

#100 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

I got the light & medium payouts already. Need total kills on heavies and assaults still, and solos on heavies. Plus I only have wins in scouting, assault, skirmish and seige. Haven't had a win on conquest (saw it twice though) and haven't seen domination, or incursion at all.

Of course that's only on the 1st account. ;)

Edited by Dee Eight, 30 September 2017 - 09:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users