Faction Play Drop Deck Challenge Details - Updated

310 replies to this topic

#61 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

I'm not negative, I'm just a bit dissapointed that the event is missing some good things like kmdd/kills but got totally random "win specific mode" instead. The CW matches last much longer than the OP matches usually, and game mode selection is out of player's control.

#62 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

To make things more fair, it should be :
- Win a game in each FP mode for IS.
- Lose a game in each FP mode for Clans.

#63 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

Just did a scouting drop. 3 kills, 3 kill credits. Scouting counts.

#64 Mech Toast

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Feature update:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePGI i love it. NOT!

#65 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostRodrigo Martinez, on 29 September 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

I'm not negative, I'm just a bit dissapointed that the event is missing some good things like kmdd/kills but got totally random "win specific mode" instead. The CW matches last much longer than the OP matches usually, and game mode selection is out of player's control.

I understand and I'm cool with yer opinion. Way I see this is, that this is first step into WoT/WoWS/etc-style weekly missions to give PPL something to play for instead of just endless bone-headed grinding. That's why I give this event a warm welcome and hope this will eventually lead to something bigger.

#66 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

No Tournament Supporter Pack Bonuses?

#67 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 29 September 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

C'mon guys, don't so negative straight from start. This is 1st event of this kind in FP and that's why requirements for completition are somewhat bugged / just thrown in from previous challenges.

I'm counting on that when we just start playing this, PGI sees from data what's going on and how PPL are doing w/ challenge and eventually ease off requirements that nobody needs to kill themselves to exhaustion by doing them. Has happend before, will happen again, but starting values cannot be too soft that everybody completes them without any dedication put in.

Just start playing and you'll see.

I'm not trying to come off as whiney, but I'm trying to help PGI here before the event starts. I've seen enough of these events and played enough faction play to spot the pitfalls in the challenge requirements. Wins will come hard for a lot of players. Securing 1 win in every single game mode is going to be huge pain in the butt because game mode has a dynamic RNG aspect to it that changes depending on where on the bar we are. I know which bar represents represents which gamemode, but does 99% of this community know? Probably not because it's not documented.

I like Faction Play for the most part and I wont freak out if I can't complete a dumb event, but I know this forum will get real nasty by day 3 when people have 1 game mode left to complete and they keep rolling hte wrong mode.

Thats when we will start having players disconnecting at the start or freaking out if their team loses the one game mode they have been trying to roll for days.

#68 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

Ok... Anyone else, who still can't see the Event Browser details?

#69 Baron von ztreik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 890 posts
  • LocationGDR

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

here

#70 Zyrocenus

• PipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

View PostSHRedo, on 28 September 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

maybie your paremnts meant it a bit too good with you in your childhood.
NO YOU DONT GET THE QUAD THIS TIME! ok ok! but pleeeeaaaaaase shut up

WTF are u on man? learn to spell and construct sentences... I have no idea what yer on about. I'll give u a big high 5 for your tiny "shut up" txt. Looks like u were afraid to say it loud like yer useless quad comment

Zyro

Edited by Zyrocenus, 29 September 2017 - 12:19 PM.

#71 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

So KMDD doesn't count towards progress?

I really hope they have some planned to bring back the good events like This & This.

Edited by Aldodrem, 29 September 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#72 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

Somehow I get the feeling that I´ll be only going for the assault reward Posted Image

Useless things being said by salty people ...

View PostHumble Dexter, on 29 September 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

To make things more fair, it should be :
- Win a game in each FP mode for IS.
- Lose a game in each FP mode for Clans.

Pfff, you should be in Davion with that kind of attitude instead of DS

Edited by B0oN, 29 September 2017 - 11:55 AM.

#73 FuzzyNZ

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

Requirements are waay too freakn hard man. Did they not learn from the last ballistics event?
  • Get 20 Kills in an Assault Mech
  • Get 5 Kill Assist in an Assault Mech
  • Earn 4000 Dmg in an Assault Mech
  • Get 4 Solo Kill in an Assault Mech
That is crazy man! 20 Kills!! Considering there are 48 mechs on a side, and you are in an assault for perhaps 1/4 of the match and there are 11 other team members vying for kills.

That's 20 matches if everyone is on the same level and you do a stomp and kill all their mechs, waay too hard!

#74 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostFuzzyNZ, on 29 September 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

That's 20 matches if everyone is on the same level and you do a stomp and kill all their mechs, waay too hard!

Nothing good comes for free. And so far I've played 3 matches and done over half of that assault challenge, so STFU about being hard Posted Image

View PostSky Hawk, on 29 September 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Ok... Anyone else, who still can't see the Event Browser details?

Had to update java to get it rolling. Dunno if that was the real cause, but atleast fixed it.

#75 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostFuzzyNZ, on 29 September 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Requirements are waay too freakn hard man. Did they not learn from the last ballistics event?
  • <snip snip>
That is crazy man! 20 Kills!! Considering there are 48 mechs on a side, and you are in an assault for perhaps 1/4 of the match and there are 11 other team members vying for kills.

Am I the only one who's noticed that, with the level of these rewards, your time would be better spent working minimum wage at McDonalds and buying the MC to flat out purchase the rewards? Work for minimum wage for an hour, and you could buy more MC than this event hands out.

You are playing the game for enjoyment. There are rewards that you'll get for doing what you were going to do anyway. Don't look at this as a thing to pursue, other than incidentally. It's a losing proposition if you do.

#76 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

View PostAldodrem, on 29 September 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

No Tournament Supporter Pack Bonuses?

As they said already, including in the tourney supporter pack purchase thread... all event rewards are doubled for the duration of the supporter pack. They therefore do not need to keep repeating that tidbit of info in every event description.

#77 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

PGI doesn't listen to its players or read its forums.

Come on, we know this.

Only way to get PGI's attention is either to rail on Russ's Twitter, or not buy the product.

By the way...

Edited by Commander A9, 29 September 2017 - 03:18 PM.

#78 Sniper Behind Ya

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:33 PM

How long do you have to wait to queue up for enough matches to qualify for these? Just kill me now.

#79 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

Dawn and Rocket Girl? I'm in.

#80 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 28 September 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

Also, why is this event not showing up in the spiffy, new and super cool in-game event thingie?

Same. Mine FINALLY shows that there are events, but does not expand to show contents of the events when I click on them...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users