70 replies to this topic

#61 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

Proof? lol please. There will be no evidence, there never is with a Hackusator.

Just another low avg-match-score user upset at being flogged by someone better.

I headshot someone @ 1km a couple weeks ago, should've seen the rubbish that flowed. I laughed.

#62 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

I actually like FW, specifically siege, but one thing is for certain, you need to have the right mechs, and be part of a unit/team that is at least semi competent and preferably on TS. Playing it solo, yeah i CAN do boatloads of damage and get lots of kills from the 2nd line, but im more or less sacrificing potatos in order to do so, and it doesnt feel like the way i should be playing teh game. I much prefer to push together with everyone, take my share of hits (i always take some hits, but in solo pub FW im almost never focused like at all), and you know, rush in and murder the enemy.

#63 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 842 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

View PostAppogee, on 05 October 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

I intend to only play FP from now on.

There are just too many impossible potato carry missions in MWO these days.

Yes, that's challenging. But not in an enjoyable way.

Fixed it for you

#64 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:36 AM

View PostStinger554, on 05 October 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

If FP is designed for teams then it needs to either separate teams from solos or just not allow solo's.

Just read the warning for a change.

It was put there for a reason.

#65 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:07 AM

people don't realize the implication

we been forming teams and playing together since we have been in elementary school
so when they give a warning people say hey we are a team and we play as a team in QP

what's the big deal

well after going through the pod casts almost 3 times I kept hearing the its for teams it hit me between the eyes
they mean pay to when organized teams

that is teams will get a computer buff
a 8 man team will have a buff over 6 man team
only when teams are of equal number are things equal (sort of)

you see PGI is just taking care of there paying customer simple as that
they envision teams spend more money on the game then random players
I have seen it on team speak one guy says he is going to buy this Mech pack
next thing you know they all buy the Mech pack

they have to keep the game mode open to randoms so the paying customers have something to shoot at

notice not many teams complain to PGI about the seals in fact they love it

guys join a team
never drop with less then 8 preferably have a 12
kill seals and enjoy the game mode

#66 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:46 AM

View PostStarwulfe, on 05 October 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Do you have proof? Was it submitted?
Did you inform the KCom leadership with a name?
If you did, great, If you didn't, stuff it and keep your slander off the forums.

Uuuuh why immediately so salty? KCom has nothing to do with it. I don`t remember the name of that player just his unit tag. A unit has nothing to do with the actions of a single member who drops solo (at least he was the only KCom member on the other team).
No i did nothing cause i don`t care that much. Proof? No i don`t record my games and i am not hackusating anybody. I just share an strange in game exerience I can only explain with a lot of immagination. Thats what a forum is good for isn`t it? I played a good match in this game and our team won in the end so no "average" player whining cause of a lost game on my side.
It is just that i am very suspicious that during an event a guy nearly finishes his assault solo kills in a time you need to recharge your gaussrifle 3 times in very unlikely conditions. I don`t know for sure but he might have finished his whole assault challange in this one drop. Like i said It might have been skill, the lucky game out of 100 or what ever. It is all possible so i acuse nobody of anything and i am not a guy to denigrate other ppl to pgi or their unit leader even if i would still remember his name. All i know is, that after witnessing that match i am not sure anymore if i should keep on laughing about hackusations like i did before.

#67 ZippySpeedMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 356 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Dropship Earth

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:12 AM

This event only reinforces why I don't play Faction Warfare.

When you as a play as a pug and consistently come against 4-8 man premades on the other side, well this is not an enjoyable ( nor a particularly fair ) experience.

Until they decide to change it, so that PUGS don't face premades, I will not be setting foot in there again.

Edited by ZippySpeedMonkey, 06 October 2017 - 09:56 AM.

#68 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 06 October 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

I'm being an arsehat because I don't understand how to make to make a counter-argument.

Or you know if the game mode requires you to be in a pre-made group in order to be successful 9 times out of 10 then the game mode could only allow pre-made groups or separate groups from solos.

Edited by Stinger554, 06 October 2017 - 07:21 AM.

#69 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

View PostStinger554, on 06 October 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

Or you know if the game mode requires you to be in a pre-made group in order to be successful 9 times out of 10 then the game mode could only allow pre-made groups or separate groups from solos.

Except it doesn't. Most of us who've played FW for very long used to pug all the time. Constantly in CW1. I finished CW1 pugging almost exclusively (in Davion FFS) and ended with over a 1.0 w/l for CW. Most units used to intentionally break up into groups of 6 or even 4 to spread out their total wins and more easily flip worlds because the pugs they played with played with the team most the time, even if they had mediocre builds or were not great shots, because teamwork is the primary win condition.

Now however teamwork for the pugs in FW is like 'giving in to the man' or something. I'm in KCom, we've lost to pug teams before who out-maneuvered us on objectives or who caught us flat footed because we underestimated them and they displayed great teamwork. It just hasn't happened in a while because rather than play as a team in a 12 v 12 game there's this dedicated core of pugs who want FW to play like QP and so they play it like QP and lose again and again and again and again.

Why do you think we all cry for better IS/Clan balance? I miss having good teams to play against and it's really hard to get anyone to play strictly inferior tech, especially when they have to drop 12s or they'll end up with people who intentionally suicide or just throw insults until you block them and they run off to die alone stupidly just to spite you, or they just stay silent but spend the whole match without even coming in past the gate - just staying out and sniping or LRMing.

Pugs have always been a gamble, you never know what you're going to get, but originally the pugs were a good gamble if you played with them, called the match and tried to support them. Now? They refuse to coordinate with anyone and would rather lose a match than play as a team. Nobody wants to play with them, so everyone plays against them... so they get stomped.

You absolutely do NOT need to be in a premade team to win 9 out of 10 times. That's completely false. You just need to play as a team to have an even chance of winning.

#70 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 October 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

You absolutely do NOT need to be in a premade team to win 9 out of 10 times. That's completely false. You just need to play as a team to have an even chance of winning.

I'm aware lol, but that's what people are saying "just join a group or Unit" hence the IF I had put there. Coordination is key during CW and I was there pugging in CW1 as well and most of the matches were fine(of course back then we didn't have 12-mans going against PUGs fairly often and people were willing to play IS).

I just point out that if Coordination is Key then All pre-made groups, 5-6+ players in that group, automatically have a significant advantage over a team that doesn't have said pre-made groups. So irrespective of Clan Vs IS Balance(which is an Issue) as long as semi-large pre-made groups(really any group more than 3 IMO) 5+ specifically can get matched against a team of full solos then there is a problem and that problem needs to get addressed. Either by matching groups to groups at the very minimum or separating groups from solos, you know unless a lobby literally needs one person to start.

#71 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 October 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Pugs have always been a gamble, you never know what you're going to get, but originally the pugs were a good gamble if you played with them, called the match and tried to support them. Now? They refuse to coordinate with anyone and would rather lose a match than play as a team. Nobody wants to play with them, so everyone plays against them... so they get stomped.

So true! I was in one of these Pug groups you decimated in the recent event. A guy on our team even proposed a good strategy and tried to coordinate us but most of the team didn`t listen, just camped to their doom or played like in QP. We where only 3 players who coordinated their gameplay, so even without the utterly different skill levels between our teams the stomp was certain.

In the most pug drops i played recently there were nobody who even tried to coordinate the teams. So techbalance is an issue for sure that hinders the FW exerience but also a lack of leadership in the pug teams.

Maybe PGI could implement a system where some experienced players with mics can be flaged as drop caller and get matched evenly to the drops. After the drop the team members could evaluate the drop caller with a thumb up or down button. If the score is high the drop caller gets extra incentives like Cbills, MC, titels or what ever. If the rating is constantly bad he loses his status as a drop caller or just get no extra incentives. You could even take it a step further and give drop callers higher incentives if there are more drop caller on the other side. More drop caller on clan side -> higher incentives for the ones on IS side.

This system doesn`t solve the problems with pug players that don`t want to listen or that can`t understand english well enough. But it would give this gamemode a better chance to be more enjoyable cause even if i lose a game it was fun when you lost it as a team and even more delightful if you win as a team.

Edited by Tiewolf, 06 October 2017 - 12:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users