139 replies to this topic

#101 Ishishi

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:35 AM

The event page is a classical PGI joke:

Take an idea from a rando on the forum, which is absolutly unnecessary.

Implement it in the game the worst way possible.

Remove the system that worked well before.

Make everyone unhappy and complaining.

Bring the old system back, but worse and proclaim it as a new idea.

#102 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:36 AM

View Postwhiggason, on 10 October 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

I too have the issue that I have nothing displayed on my in game event tab. I have no way to redeem the event rewards I have earned. I ran the debugger and nothing changed. I have emailed technical support about the issue. Maybe they don't realize how many people are not able to redeem event rewards earned? I would like to see them just automatically credit event rewards earned instead of having people click here, or go to this webpage, etc. Why withhold items earned from players???

...maybe we should start withholding our $$$ from PGI, would that get the attention the issues needs?

Edited by AJBennett, 10 October 2017 - 07:37 AM.

#103 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:38 AM

View Postmetallio, on 09 October 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

so...any chance we could still announce events on the main website page? I didn't even know mechtoberfest was going on until I logged in at work this morning.

So it's PGI fault you did not read and click the link in the big bold font on the WEBSITE that say
SPECIAL EVENTS NOW AVAILABLE ON THE WEB

Some people will complain about anything and everything possible. As I said earlier in this thread this is a GOOD event going in the right direction (New player friendly without assine requirements), keep up the good work guys.

#104 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

How about we compromise? I'd be fine with the manual redemption IF, at the end of the claim period, all unclaimed rewards are automatically redeemed. This lets people pick and choose when their active premium time starts but doesn't screw over anyone who can't get the in-game event tracker to work. And to heck with anyone who doesn't want to redeem a reward at all...that's being ridiculously picky.

#105 Robaxacet

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostJames Argent, on 10 October 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

How about we compromise? I'd be fine with the manual redemption IF, at the end of the claim period, all unclaimed rewards are automatically redeemed. This lets people pick and choose when their active premium time starts but doesn't screw over anyone who can't get the in-game event tracker to work. And to heck with anyone who doesn't want to redeem a reward at all...that's being ridiculously picky.

Agreed! I hope they do, no point in seeing what you need to do if you can't redeem for it.

#106 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

View PostAJBennett, on 10 October 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

...maybe we should start withholding our $$$ from PGI, would that get the attention the issues needs?

Its been tried many times by MANY people. Dosent work, once your games on steam your basically immortal. This game runs on a steady trickle of steam guys who stick around just long enough to buy a few mechpacks, Then realize whats up and move on. Like most of steam really.

#107 Lord Damian GTO

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 10 October 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

Like the "Champions" challenges? Nah man, THOSE were work. Plus, the forums were full of salt and tears and salty tears.

https://mwomercs.com...?t=201411victor
https://mwomercs.com...=201501champion
https://mwomercs.com...=201502champion

I like the new events better because I can decide when I want to play and what for and when it is not worth it for me.

Well thats the problem with the whole game, They listen to much to people they just want to push one button and win. Not put any work behind it.
Before you had to work for the stuff you got. That made so people had different gears on the mechs.
Before you was glad when people had a "war horn". Now all has them as they hand them out almost for free.
Also come on . 5 kills to get one and 500k. After 2 games I had 10 kills. Its more easy now to kill then it was before the skill system.
So it was harder before to clear any Challenge, now you can almost sleep and do it.
The true facts is that the game goes the same way all arena games do. To easy and pointless action, with zero strategy. Just point and fire and hope your team will win..

#108 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 10 October 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

I'm sure that larger, more complicated challenges will continue to be held, just using this new interface. I have no doubt the traditional Halloween grab bag event is still going to be held without change, except maybe we can actually redeem and track bags from in game now (barring those with UI/claim button issues).

WRONG. The new event system does not allow for pick-a-prize or grab bag type event rewards (mb after the solaris update?).

View PostMatt Newman, on 21 September 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Edited by Aldodrem, 10 October 2017 - 10:02 AM.

#109 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

So.. Dear PGI, the "Go Ballistic.."'s 2 weeks redeem time is near to ending...

What is your proposal/solution for the "unlucky few", who still can't see the Event Browser?

#110 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

View PostAldodrem, on 10 October 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

So it's PGI fault you did not read and click the link in the big bold font on the WEBSITE that say

Some people will complain about anything and everything possible. As I said earlier in this thread this is a GOOD event going in the right direction (New player friendly without assine requirements), keep up the good work guys.

I may be thinking in a different direction, but I took that to mean going back to the original 'Click here for X event' where everything is right there, instead of 'There's an event, so click here to see yet another link that will then take you to X event'.

Again, I may be way off base. Just the way I saw it.

#111 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

this is a GOOD event going in the right direction (New player friendly without assine requirements), keep up the good work guys.

I dont see how headshot requirements and smallest CBILL reward amounts ever is new player friendly or beneficial, or how cockpit items will help new players more than more cbills/gxp would help the new players.

#112 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

I think the headshot is the anomaly there...the rest are certainly new player friendly.

#113 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

Looking forward to the next trio of events, even if I'm not a Kurita or Smoke Jag loyalist.

#114 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

That's not what he's talking about. What he's saying is that the Mechtoberfest event had no announcement in the site news or the news splash screen. Many players would be entirely unaware the event was underway, since all previous events were clearly announced a couple days in advance.

#115 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

For those with issues getting the events info to appear in-game, try to see if there's a REDEEM button in the PAST EVENTS tab.

If you click on PAST EVENTS, without actually drilling down into the event details there should be a REDEEM button. Give that a try see if it appears for you. If not, well...Posted Image

#116 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

was told getting head shot was easy, Flamers and then a shot to the head

this might not be easy for those without the C-Bills, but looks like it would be easy other wise

#117 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

Battle for Luthien ultimate prizes are a joke.

Maulers versus Mist Lynx? Are you kidding?

Why not let us pick our prizes like last time?

#118 anachlores

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Today's was great! Really encourages people to take their kodiaks solo hunting lights. Then they complain when they can't make 5.

#119 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

12 FP games with a match score of 150+ to get a free mech. Alright. In scouting that's easy peasy.

#120 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:44 AM

Monday evening, I uninstalled MWO from Steam and downloaded the client directly from the website. 3,5 hours on Aussie internet. It seemed not to patch at all though, so couldn't run it. Ran the repair tool, which painstakingly slow, started downloading patch files or packages or whatever. I left it to run, but it got stuck every now and then. So I had to close the repair tool and restart it. That took most of my Tuesday evening.

At some point, it declared all good and ready to go. It did go. Game booted up, I got in. Tried mechlab, which took a while, but came up. Worse with the skill tree, but it did appear.

The event window remained the same however. Pull down menus with nothing showing when clicking the arrow. Left it sitting for a few min. nothing. Left it for about 20-25 min. Nothing.

No event info, nor any redeeming via this in-game feature for me.

I just checked this new website feature, I did my three victories today. It shows 100%. Going back quite a ways, it shows 100% on a few of the Ballistic challenges as well. No rewards of course.

Now what?

Edited by TheFourthAlly, 11 October 2017 - 01:46 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users