Special Events Now Available On The Web

139 replies to this topic

#81 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

@All: Because I have ZERO successful headshots during my career as MechWarrior, I decided to skip yesterday... I do need to note however that earlier last week, somebody managed to put a DOUBLE gauss shot through the head of my JUMPING Victor... Damn nice shooting, even if it killed me. :/

#82 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:44 AM

I don't know what's going on! i'm sure in a match i took at least 3 side torso with arm on it, but at the end of the match i got only 1 destroyed component!!!

#83 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

so...any chance we could still announce events on the main website page? I didn't even know mechtoberfest was going on until I logged in at work this morning. I half-*** play at work but don't log in on the weekends unless there's an event going. Checked, didn't see anything, went and did some plumbing instead. I mean, good on the plumbing getting done, but it does mean I missed the first several days.

...I like the in-game event browser. Love the utility of it and instant feedback...but it's just not the only way people get information. If you want us to log in EVERY DAY just to know what's going on you should make something new EVERY DAY...or something similar.

Or maybe I just want more free stuff or a reason to keep playing? Eh, whatever, but I'd still like to see it on the website announcements as well as in-game.

#84 zooska

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

Anyone else find the change to local time zones for events odd?

I play at a regular time daily but so do lots of other people around the world. This sets up the situation where I can be playing with people on my friend's list but they are not in the same event as I am cause they are in a different time zone. This is much more noticeable on this series of one-day events rather than a longer event.

#85 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostERescue, on 09 October 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

@All: Because I have ZERO successful headshots during my career as MechWarrior, I decided to skip yesterday...

No one has headshots. In 12k games i got 21 HS... No one tries to get em because its safer to hit where your team mates hit. But yesterday made me realise how much better i could be if i just took the time to recognise the moments a hs is possible and attempt it. Most people lower armor on the head too, its a safe, one shot kill, in some situation and you just need t obe aware of it. I had to be focused on that thought and i think ill try and do that for the next couple of weeks and probably it will become second nature and i wont have to think about it eventually. Think of the times someone lower your head armor in orange and then have to take a back seat because any lucky shot can take you out.

The number of time a mech has shutdown in front of me and someone said "headshot!" in voip and i just went for the usual part...*smh*

Edited by DAYLEET, 09 October 2017 - 02:31 PM.

#86 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

@DAYLEET: I am not sure what I should say... I pretty much carry maximum possible head armour on each and every mech I field... and despite that I died to head shots at least four times during the past 5 days. :/ Of additional note, I was only stationary during one... Some people are either insanely lucky or expert marksmen.

#87 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

I think this special event is just that.... came up by special people. one day to do each event is just stupid. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my days I spend with my family. Monday is when I try to make up for lost ground. but having only 24Hr to do and event is stupid.

#88 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

helps to see progress and info about requirements. Any word on how we will redeem and secure rewards?

#89 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

We really need events to be playable in FW and QP, this is getting really annoying night after night of ghost drops in CW cause everyone is off doing QP events. Is the new system not able to do events in all game modes?

#90 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

yep . . . this one could had been done in either FP or QP

#91 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

24 hour mini events during the work week? Sorry PGI but some of us have a late work schedual and I'm not loosing sleep for a Warhorn.

#92 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

I had 2 components to go, started the match just shy of 5 minutes from deadline. Completed the match 11 minutes AFTER deadline.

The Challenge itself showed 23/25 objective not complete. But outside of the detailed view, under Past Events, there's a REDEEM button, and I was able to redeem the component challenge! And the challenge itself updated to a clean 25/25. PHEW!

Will Support Pack owners get double rewards? So far after each Day's challenge, there was no bonus reward. I'm hoping it comes after the 6 days.

#93 Lord Damian GTO

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

I think the rewards for most of this Challenge are to good. Its not a Challenge at al, beside the headshot one.
Before you needed to work for it, but now you get it free of you play 3-4 games.
This is the problem with this game. its getting easier and easier to get stuff. Also soon you dont need any strategy to play, just go out and fire and hope for the best. It was much better when it was in BETA. Many map has been dumbed down.
I wish they make a Challenge that takes time to make and it would be hard.

#94 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:56 AM

View PostLord Damian GTO, on 10 October 2017 - 02:09 AM, said:

I wish they make a Challenge that takes time to make and it would be hard.

Like the "Champions" challenges? Nah man, THOSE were work. Plus, the forums were full of salt and tears and salty tears.

https://mwomercs.com...?t=201411victor
https://mwomercs.com...=201501champion
https://mwomercs.com...=201502champion

I like the new events better because I can decide when I want to play and what for and when it is not worth it for me.

#95 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

Wow u really cannot please everyone. Anyway there are still the in-game Achievements go for those if you find the challenges too easy. The rest of us are fine with it.

Edited by arcana75, 10 October 2017 - 04:18 AM.

#96 Sgt Swade

Rookie

• Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:40 AM

I too have the issue that I have nothing displayed on my in game event tab. I have no way to redeem the event rewards I have earned. I ran the debugger and nothing changed. I have emailed technical support about the issue. Maybe they don't realize how many people are not able to redeem event rewards earned? I would like to see them just automatically credit event rewards earned instead of having people click here, or go to this webpage, etc. Why withhold items earned from players???

#97 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:04 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 10 October 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

Like the "Champions" challenges? Nah man, THOSE were work. Plus, the forums were full of salt and tears and salty tears.

https://mwomercs.com...?t=201411victor
https://mwomercs.com...=201501champion
https://mwomercs.com...=201502champion

I like the new events better because I can decide when I want to play and what for and when it is not worth it for me.

Yea those were short lived for sure. A lot of hate and discontent among all levels due to the increased involvement. I managed to get that raven, but by the end of it, I hated the game. Walked away for a handful of months lol.

I liked the last special event better just because you were able to pick and choose what you wanted, work towards a goal and used your time as you see fit. Plus the Tournament pack bonus was a great idea. I'm annoyed they didn't apply that to this event, but meh.

I suspect events are going to continue to cater to the casual, easy to accomplish side of the scale. The point of the new events tool is to encourage participation, not piss people off with impossible objectives. Also, don't mix up small weekly objectives with actual challenges or special events. I feel the event tool has a very misleading name. I'm sure that larger, more complicated challenges will continue to be held, just using this new interface. I have no doubt the traditional Halloween grab bag event is still going to be held without change, except maybe we can actually redeem and track bags from in game now (barring those with UI/claim button issues).

Now with that said, I do feel there is a place for high stakes events like the old Champion Challenges that will involve a large, committed block of time and effort to complete, but the rewards would have to be worth the time and effort and the objectives will have to be intelligent and refined ...which, in the past, has been a challenge to achieve.

#98 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:12 AM

View PostERescue, on 09 October 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

@All: Because I have ZERO successful headshots during my career as MechWarrior, I decided to skip yesterday...
The strategy is always the same: leg the target, blow a side torso, then shut him down with flamers and pop the cockpit. Nova and Firestarter are fairly good options.

#99 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

I like the ingame event button, I don't need to wait 1 hour to see my progress and I can redeem my prize right away, I just hope that it works for everybody else too.
And I love the fact that event starts in local time, before events started after midnight for me (too late) and the day after when I came back from work had only few hours to complete daily challenges, but now I have the same amount of time as the other players, thx PGI.

Edited by Apollo777, 10 October 2017 - 07:16 AM.

#100 AJBennett

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 165 posts
  • Location...the psychotic chihuahua chewing on your leg!

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 October 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Feature's overdue, but appreciated... Now to add Redeem Buttons, and you'll have limitless time to work on the In-Game Event Browser Problem, PGI. Posted Image

~D. V. "At least, that would be the smart thing to do!" Devnull

THIS...oh so much THIS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users