Special Events Now Available On The Web

139 replies to this topic

#61 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 08 October 2017 - 05:50 AM, said:

First game, first enemy in flamer range, got him overheated, hit the cockpit, event done for today. Lucky me. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I got even more lucky... Dual Gauss to the Cockpit of an Enemy Mech that didn't have anywhere near Full Head Armor. It might have been my second game of the day, but at least I've got my prize. :D

View PostHarlock69, on 08 October 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

View PostJoe Wildstar, on 08 October 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

I have this problem with the event tracker in-game. I use a laptop to play I don't know if that is a problem or just my video card or just the no-name clan messing the heck up for some players now it seems doing the events isn't worth it if they can't or won't fix it if they can't figure why it isn't working for some players

Honestly, I think it may be a few different things making it difficult for us. I've got an older laptop and a new PC. Neither can see the in-game browser. I've been back and forth with tech support, sending various reports from both systems, trying this and that suggestion, with no positive results. Apparently, they can't duplicate the situation...

Have either of you sent PGI a useful listing of your computer's physical hardware, operating system, running security utilities, which MWO Client (32-bit or 64-bit) you're using, etc.? If PGI knew what their Client Program was dealing with, then they might be able to check what they're doing wrong in their program design. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Just catching up again... Nothing much to see here, unless I quoted you..." Devnull

#62 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

Please refrain from putting up these unique goals for an event. Today, team- and game-play is the worst that I can remember. People doing the most stupid things, apparent friends granting each other headshots in successive matches, thus basically suiciding and making the match even worse.

#63 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

If the headshot eligibility lasted longer than one day, I would have a problem with it. But this is just one single 24-hour period...let it go.

#64 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 October 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

I got even more lucky... Dual Gauss to the Cockpit of an Enemy Mech that didn't have anywhere near Full Head Armor. It might have been my second game of the day, but at least I've got my prize. Posted Image

Have either of you sent PGI a useful listing of your computer's physical hardware, operating system, running security utilities, which MWO Client (32-bit or 64-bit) you're using, etc.? If PGI knew what their Client Program was dealing with, then they might be able to check what they're doing wrong in their program design. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Just catching up again... Nothing much to see here, unless I quoted you..." Devnull

I've only sent the 3 reports they've asked for: trace route, ping, and dxdiag. Nothing was ever asked about hardware. Additionally, the things that I've tried per their suggestions include: disable antivirus, disable voice (ventrillo and discord), disable geforce experience, let the event browser sit open for at least 15 minutes.

Of the two computers that I have the game on, only the PC had voice or graphics software.

#65 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Shoot a head - get a head. Cute. :P

Let's see how long this takes me...

#66 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

I like these events (as long as it's not FP, which I refuse to play because it takes too long to setup). Also good thing that for me at least the event tab works gloriously. I really like seeing my progress almost immediately instead of the annoying one hour wait.

And about the head shot thing, thanks PGI for an imo fun and difficult event. Yay for heavy ppc's and lucky shots!

#67 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, but why can't we have events that we can complete in both Faction Play and Quick Play? Why force what limited population we have to choose between playing one mode and not playing at all?

#68 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

I wished it was based on head damage rather than getting a headshot...

Someone got my head into orange crit but couldnt finish the job.

Edited by The Unstoppable Puggernaut, 08 October 2017 - 12:15 PM.

#69 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

Head shot challenge = Fail.

But otherwise, looking good so far.

#70 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

People are whining but this is a GOOD EVENT. The last weapons event compared to this is much better, esp for newer players with limited mechs/bays.

Thumbs Up, keep going in this direction

#71 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Indeed. Challenges should be tough. I didn't score it though, but so be it. Would rather kill the enemy than go for the Hollywood shot.

Good on anyone who got it. :P

#72 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

pgi plz, add redeem to web option

its impossible to redeem atm with broken in game event ui, it wont even show at all now unlike before showing sometimes after waiting or flipping thru ui

#73 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostGasoline, on 07 October 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

Tbh, I'm kinda interested in the Atlas Head... then again I'm realist enough that it won't happen other than with a lucky shot or a total potato making a staring competition. Your idea tho seems kinda funny anyway. Posted Image

Single out a mech that has an easy to hit cockpit, leg him and stare to be accurate. I got mine on an adder, he was alone and i know they have big cockpit hitbox and are slow so i went for him. Legged him and then waited for him to turn around and stared. Otherwise look for HBR, HBK, CN9, SHD(if they still exist lol). I ended up using a FS9-k with 8 spl. i first tried with gauss and ppcs but i wanted to move faster. Dont single out assault, they will kill you if you stare.

#74 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 08 October 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Indeed. Challenges should be tough. I didn't score it though, but so be it. Would rather kill the enemy than go for the Hollywood shot.

Good on anyone who got it. Posted Image

I agree , A tough challenge is good, if it has a good reward. This doesnt.

#75 Moorland

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

If they had a very good reward for a very complicated challenge, most people would say that they made an even for "chosen ones". The best thing to do here, is not to make stupid challenges like this one.

#76 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 08 October 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

I agree , A tough challenge is good, if it has a good reward. This doesnt.

What do you want for a single headshot? I think the reward is cool enough to get some to try it and others skip it because they dont care. Every time ill get in my -k ill see the head and think "oh yeah its that time i had to do a headshot", thats cool. Maybe if you had 6 days to do all 6 event it would be more fair or enticing but at the same time it would almost be trivial. Not that i would mind.

#77 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostMoorlandTotilas, on 08 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

If they had a very good reward for a very complicated challenge, most people would say that they made an even for "chosen ones". The best thing to do here, is not to make stupid challenges like this one.

Its when they have a very good reward for a very hard challenge that people lose their marbles. No one want to feel like they are missing out because something is too hard. This challenge isnt stupid and the reward is easily forgettable by most. I didnt want a head, i wouldnt buy one thats for sure, but as a memento for a headshot its cool. Its only there to remind me of that time i made a headshot, the reward itself isnt that important.

#78 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Played 7 hours and still could not get a head shot. Tried flamers, heavy mechine guns, guass, and lazors. Sad day indeed.

#79 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

I managed to get headshots, that's no problem but everyone's packing extra armour ;)

Anyways good fun but way too hard to get two headshots on someone (or find someone who skimped on it).

#80 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 08 October 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

I managed to get headshots, that's no problem but everyone's packing extra armour Posted Image

Anyways good fun but way too hard to get two headshots on someone (or find someone who skimped on it).

Yeah I was. My legs got removed and added to my head yesterday Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users