445 replies to this topic

#101 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:30 AM

View PostMercarryn, on 12 October 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

Okay, maybe I am a bit blind, but where is it explained in detail that IS / Clan has to win to get their mech?The criteria for getting the mechs is as following:

Earn 150 Matchscore 12 Times (Any FP Mode, IS only)

Nothing else noted there, so perhaps I have overseen something.

it is only visible in the ingame event browser, not on the website.

#102 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:32 AM

@Dee Eight: I was looking at the webpage information, which is lacking some information from the ingame details.
This has been pointed out by someone else on another thread.

PGI should fix that asap, or we will see a lot of salt on forums.

#103 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:46 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 October 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

How are the words... "ANY FP MODE" not at all clear ? Scouting is a FP mode last I checked.

Quite simple really, do they mean scouting and invasion, or do they mean all game modes in invasion?
Unfortunately the terms have been used interchangeably before, hence the request for clarification.
I do not particularly feel like playing a lot of invasion games, but I would be keen for scouting games, if all can be achieved via scouting my friend and I can play clam, if its invasion, then I have to go speroid as he has only 2 clam mechs. Once I click that sign contract, the horse has bolted, so double checking beforehand is quite sane.

#104 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

is there 12 active kurita pilots on at the same time to make a full FW drop?

#105 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

Well, I like it. I just have to figure out how to become a loyalist. I think I know how, but I'll go ask the newbie forum to be sure.

I'd suggest, though, that event like this should be announced long enough ahead of time to allow people enough time to transfer loyalty and join the event. It obviously doesn't apply to me, but that does seem to be a valid complaint that some have.

Edited by Its my first day, 12 October 2017 - 04:19 AM.

#106 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:28 AM

View PostIts my first day, on 12 October 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

Well, I like it. I just have to figure out how to become a loyalist. I think I know how, but I'll go ask the newbie forum to be sure.

I'd suggest, though, that event like this should be announced long enough ahead of time to allow people enough time to transfer loyalty and join the event. It obviously doesn't apply to me, but that does seem to be a valid complaint that some have.

no, people would change loyalty during event to get all redeems.

in my opinion loyalists should not be able to join events during the week cool down after breaking a contract.

#107 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

View PostHarlock69, on 11 October 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

The big question for PGI is:

On this (and recent previous events) what happens for those of us that STILL can't access the in-game event browser at the end of the two week post-event mark? Will we still be awarded our earned prizes?

Yee.. Three weeks ago, they tried to track down the problem, but since then, they don't even bother to answer anything on this subject... No "still working on" or .. "we will figure something out".. nothing... Not a single word...

I guess,... we, "Browserles Players" are such a minority, that PGI just decided, not to care about us anymore... It's cheaper for them, to go on and not to waste any more time about, what bug they built in the Event Browser...

#108 Ukabix

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, PL

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

It is very nice to see more and more events pop out every month. This one seems intriguing and a good idea to build upon - in specific events that represent the current situation on the galaxy map.

I was considering changing sides for a bit since the balance in FW is way off lately, but I am not going to miss that Mist Lynx. I am pretty sure I am not the only one to do so. It seems that a stronger gesture towards IS (in term of prizes) would be very welcome in the next iterations of the event.

#109 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:00 AM

I don't understand why only 2 groups of loyalist get most of the cool rewards from an event! Every body likes colors, patterns and warhorns.
For example if you have 2 children, you buy toys only for one of them?!Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 12 October 2017 - 08:41 AM.

#110 AphexTwin11

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLooking right through you, with somniferous almond eyes

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:06 AM

People still play FW? I'm not even sure an event could coerce me.

#111 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:13 AM

View PostApollo777, on 12 October 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

I don't understand why only 2 groups of loyalist get most of the cool rewards from an event! Every body likes colors, paterns and warhorns.
For example if you have 2 children, you buy toys only for one of them?!Posted Image

I would imagine that everyone gets their turn, just not everyone at once.

#112 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 11 October 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Tell them to deposit 9mil on the way out to pay for their reinstatement or don't come knockin'

You think Motd is working? I did that when we still had 250 members ..

#113 Ober Affengeil

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBlackjack School of Conflict, Jade Falcon Invasion Corridor

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

View PostA Hobo with a Shotgun, on 11 October 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

LOL let IS win .The mystlinx as a reward is a joke when IS get a freakin Mauler.

...and my 3 year old daughter would have made more clear what this is about and what you receive at
certain points .loyalist or mercenary award or even freelancer ?? spoils of war ? 10000 100 times WTF

U don´t get me to FP queue for a lousy Mystlinx and a handful c bills ..pffft

Are you nuts? I can TRASH a Mauler in a Myst Lynx.

#114 A Hobo with a Shotgun

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:39 AM

View PostOberfuhrer, on 12 October 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

Are you nuts? I can TRASH a Mauler in a Myst Lynx.

it´s about equal value in C_bills,and that u can kill assaults with light mechs is no secret, but it makes them not equal when it comes to giving them as a reward

#115 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:55 AM

Faction specific rewards should include Faction Points.
Also takes care of Faction hopping, since it's relatively pointless to get a bunch of FP for each faction you switch to, so it would promote (up to a degree) investing in one faction and actually being, you know, loyal.

#116 Shak3 n Bak3

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Looks like there is an interesting few days ahead, and I enjoy picking up additional Mechs as reward content. Posted Image

The only thing that bothers me is where did the idea come from that a Mist Lynx and a Mauler are of equivalent value? They are nowhere near equivalent Tonnage. They are nowhere near equivalent Armor or Structure. They are nowhere near equivalent Capability. They are nowhere near equivalent Firepower either. The tiny little Mist Lynx does NOT really have that much Mobility to use. I am left with questions here. Why is there not a Clan Mech of equal Tonnage and Capability to the Mauler up for the earning? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Oh well... I probably needed another 25-Ton Mech anyway, even if I didn't realize it." Devnull

COz to give IS any "chance" of winning its got to be more appealing for them to want the Mauler and play for the IS, to me its obvious maybe not for you, its not about mech vs mech.

View PostA Hobo with a Shotgun, on 12 October 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

it´s about equal value in C_bills,and that u can kill assaults with light mechs is no secret, but it makes them not equal when it comes to giving them as a reward

Again its about trying to garner more support for IS in FP, as we all know IS never "Win" FP events as clan are OP for Dayz...especially in support...its about giving IS some "chance" of winning...its not gonna happen anyway so njoy your Myst lynx! :)

#117 A Hobo with a Shotgun

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:30 AM

View PostShak3 n Bak3, on 12 October 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

COz to give IS any "chance" of winning its got to be more appealing for them to want the Mauler and play for the IS, to me its obvious maybe not for you, its not about mech vs mech.

Again its about trying to garner more support for IS in FP, as we all know IS never "Win" FP events as clan are OP for Dayz...especially in support...its about giving IS some "chance" of winning...its not gonna happen anyway so njoy your Myst lynx! Posted Image

won´t help cause more players does, only mean more bad players too so more losses ...

#118 Electroflameageddon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 236 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:34 AM

This is good start to reward loyalists.

Faction specific rewards for FW has been seriously lacking. No real benefits for joining a faction which has been discussed in the forums forever. So yeah, tossing out some faction specific bling is nice.

So it's Kurita and Smoke Jaguar this time? OK, cool. Eventually it might be a Davion specific event.

Not going to join the snakes for decals and cockpit items, but I might fight next to them since there are some rewards for joining.

Now if only we had some new maps to challenge us.

#119 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 11 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Plenty of C-Bills to be won!
9 Million if you earn above 150 match score in 12 matches even if you lose
The only Loyalist rewards are Customization Content.

I am listening to your feedback guys really trying to make the events fun.
I am looking forward to making some Clan VS Clan events and IS vs IS events in the near future.

Looks like the Web page isn't showing the criteria for Win/Loss we will fix that asap.

Only problem I have is that it takes 7 days for a current loyalist to break faction and participate. Seeing as this is the first event of it's kind, a Capital City battle, one would think there would be a way to participate along side the current faction loyalists and Mercs that can break contract in time. A cbill penalty or perhaps a one-time event based option.

#120 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:45 AM

Soooo....how can this be the Battle of Luthien, fought in January 3052, when the game has now been advanced to the 3057-3060 time frame, complete with new technology?

Should have done this two years ago...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users