445 replies to this topic

#81 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 11 October 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

Ebon Jag isn't a bad idea...except they already gave away the Champion during the Prove Your Allegiance II Event of May 2016.

See above...i said the champion mauler vs an ebon jaguar. I never said the CHAMPION ebon jaguar. Look at their in-store MC prices.

The Mauler MX90(C) is 4,105 and comes with dbl heat sinks and endo steel already (the regular MX90 has singles and standard) with a 300 standard engine. Thus... less cbills to upgrade to something functional. The MAL-1R is actually the one in the 3050 TRO and the original version first produced by Luthien Armor Works (the MX90 is a PGI creation) and 4,765 MC for FF/DHS/XL engine. This would be the actual best choice to put up against an ebon variant as it would have been the version fighting in the actual battle in the lore. The ebon prime is 4,930 MC.

#82 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:49 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 11 October 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

The fall of Luthien, in song form.

You're not allowed to post Sabaton music for PGI games. Where do you think you are, the Paradox Interactive Forums? Posted Image

#83 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostThe Schwartz, on 11 October 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Man people really need to read, the prize isn't a new mech it's a pattern unlock. The Win/loss determines a cockpit item not the pattern unlock. PAY ATTENTION.

Yes... they do...especially ones with only double digit forum posts...

The LOYALIST only prizes for CSJ and Kurita players include a pattern unlock, a color unlock, a decal and cockpit items. There is NO win/loss requirement for the faction loyalists to win these prizes. They're strictly based on match performance. Complete 10 matches with a 150 match score minimum, 3 solo kills, 10 total killing blows of the opposing faction side (clan or IS), and 3000 total damage and you get all those rewards.

The FACTION event prizes for EVERYONE participating include mech prizes for the winning side of the conflict (IS or clan). This is available to ALL players regardless of specific faction they're representing (so nova cat, davion, liao, falcons, wolves, whatever), as long as they finish all the criteria required for that prize payout... include mech's for the winners. If you are a Liao player (loyalist or merc on a contract), and the IS side wins the conflict...you get the mech and mech bay as the top prize as long as you finished 12 matches with at least 150 match score. If the IS side loses, you get 4 million extra C-bills and a mech bay as the top prize. This is listed under the conflict tab of the faction event.

The objective rewards tab of the faction event, which everyone is eligible for regardless of which side (IS or Clan) wins or loses, total 100MC and 6 million cbills. This is btw, all those people still playing as freelancers are going to get. If you want even a chance at the mech, or the extra four million cbills and a free mech bay...start your own merc unit and take a contract with one of the smaller popular factions with bigger contract bonuses. Now that we have three under-populated clan factions giving 50% bonuses and two IS factions giving 40%... not sure why anyone would still play as a freeboater.

Edited by Dee Eight, 11 October 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#84 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

Battle of Luthien is over. GGclose.

Posted Image

#85 Centurio GER

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

What about those who change factions during the event? Will they get the rewards of both sides if they qualify?

#86 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

@Matt

The one thing I am not clear on is FW matches, do these include or exclude scouting?
i.e. could you achieve all the rewards by playing scouting, or is there only that one prize for gathering intel?

Looks like an interesting event, even though I am not a big fan of the entire contract system.
I still say anybody should be able to switch to a another faction at any time, BUT you take a big hit on your payout, i.e. negative rewards. So say you are a loyalist and you switch, then for say the next week you take a 75% hit to match earnings (adjusted by the faction you are signing bonus\penalties. (same applies to mercs)
This having to sit there like an idiot and not being able to play with your friend who only plays IS is frustrating, I am a true merc and play all over, and the freelancer system is a waiting game that doesn't work for me.
I know there are aspects of lore you guys are trying to keep to, but in all honesty you would get more FW players if they didn't have to jump through so many hoops.

Keep up the good work, I for one can't wait for the Diamond Shark event :)

#87 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:23 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 11 October 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

@Matt

The one thing I am not clear on is FW matches, do these include or exclude scouting?
i.e. could you achieve all the rewards by playing scouting, or is there only that one prize for gathering intel?

Well it fairly clearly reads. "Earn 150 Matchscore 3 Times (Any FP Mode)"

So scouting is a part of any FP mode.

View PostCenturio GER, on 11 October 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

What about those who change factions during the event? Will they get the rewards of both sides if they qualify?

It seems clear some could make them both as they require not waiting for the whole confict to end. You on the other hand don't have enough time to make both.

#88 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 11 October 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

@Matt

How are the words... "ANY FP MODE" not at all clear ? Scouting is a FP mode last I checked.

#89 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:17 PM

"what if we change sides?" some are saying. I say don't, stop min maxing and play for something other than rewards, i've been a Steiner pug from the beginning getting my arse handed to me left and right, but i'm not changing to clans for a few little trinkets and a hollow victory, hell most of you probably have 100+ mechs and many millions of c bills and this and that and don't really need this stuff.

The event itself is a great idea, can't wait for my head on a platter come Tharkad (again and again, my victories are sweeter than yours), o7 and good luck.

#90 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

5 days to do 12 FW matches?

They take ages to form and I am not even sure they'll lead to a great game. I might try for a while and see how things go but overall due to how FW matches pan out, I doubt I'll bother :(

Many thanks for the previous event though.

#91 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostVan mw, on 11 October 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

All this wining about choosing faction for loyalist reward.... C'mon, people. If you are choosing side for a reward you are not a loyalist. If you are a merc, you are not a loyalist in any way. Too greedy. Please stop this nonsense.
Thanks for the event, Matt.

You can say that, but it is not much different compared to people who try to max out their loyalty on every faction just for the c-bills, mech bays, and MC.

Besides, nothing wrong with pledging loyalty just for rewards. I offer my gun with skills and the houses gets a capable mech warrior pilot to protect or conquer other planets. It's a mutual business partnership and sounds okay to me. I don't find much importance in being loyal to a faction because FP is mostly dead unless there is an event and I play QP 98% of the time.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 12 October 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#92 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:44 PM

So i have a friend who want the Smoke Jaguar Grey colour reward. Lucky him, his IS semi-contract ends in 3 days. He noticed there's a 10 game requirement before he will be a Loyalist. Will the game count retroactively? Is there a better/faster course of action for my... friend? If he quit his unit now, would his current contract be broken now and would there be a waiting period to join another one?

#93 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:36 AM

The 10 game requirement, do scouting matches to get them done quicker and less lost cbills than 12v12 mode.

Another reasonI am Glad I have Clan and IS accounts, I took a holiday for a few weeks due to RL issues and a RL holiday and left my lvl 15 contract on IS side (coz to get to lvl 20 is MC inefficient, you can get lvl 15 3 times in the time it takes to get lvl 20 so lvl 15 is best MC point) so I was out of contract when this started IS side so yay FOR THE DRAGON ! =-p

In regards to my Clan account my Merc Contract ends with 2 days left in event....... I am trying to decide if I want to go jag loyalist for the prizes, but it will mean i will lose 25% of my rank 11 when I leave them after the event and i wanted to eventually get that one to rank 15 next..... 1ST WORLD PROBLEMS SO HARD TO DECIDE !

#94 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

Hi all

Great try to localize a conflict, as you do for tukkayid.
I like having the feeling of fighting for a place

Ty for the events, and to be trying to enhance/make new ones

#95 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

"Don't change faction for rewards" some are saying. I say do. They want to play for something else than rewards, but you will be definitely happier with free 4000 MC.

#96 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:43 AM

View PostUnit 86, on 12 October 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

"Don't change faction for rewards" some are saying. I say do. They want to play for something else than rewards, but you will be definitely happier with free 4000 MC.

a bit to late to change loyalty as someone who has a loyalty contract for another house/clan running like us.
only mercs or freelancer can take a loyalty contract now and participate in the loyalty event.

would be nice if no one had the opinion to change loyalty after an event like this is announced in future.

#97 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:45 AM

View PostB0ll0, on 12 October 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

a bit to late to change loyalty

Just stay out of faction to be ready for event in the future?
Playing FP outside of events vs getting 4000 MC every now and then? I know what I will be picking.

#98 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

i am only interested in colors and patterns. but i only like 3 of the 10 house/clan pattern. so maybe 500-1.500 MC in my case. but still a good redeem, thats correct.

on the other hand there are many good things you can get for faction reputation. but you won't get them when you break your contract after each event.

#99 Mercarryn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:15 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 October 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yes... they do...especially ones with only double digit forum posts...

The LOYALIST only prizes for CSJ and Kurita players include a pattern unlock, a color unlock, a decal and cockpit items. There is NO win/loss requirement for the faction loyalists to win these prizes. They're strictly based on match performance. Complete 10 matches with a 150 match score minimum, 3 solo kills, 10 total killing blows of the opposing faction side (clan or IS), and 3000 total damage and you get all those rewards.

The FACTION event prizes for EVERYONE participating include mech prizes for the winning side of the conflict (IS or clan). This is available to ALL players regardless of specific faction they're representing (so nova cat, davion, liao, falcons, wolves, whatever), as long as they finish all the criteria required for that prize payout... include mech's for the winners. If you are a Liao player (loyalist or merc on a contract), and the IS side wins the conflict...you get the mech and mech bay as the top prize as long as you finished 12 matches with at least 150 match score. If the IS side loses, you get 4 million extra C-bills and a mech bay as the top prize. This is listed under the conflict tab of the faction event.

The objective rewards tab of the faction event, which everyone is eligible for regardless of which side (IS or Clan) wins or loses, total 100MC and 6 million cbills. This is btw, all those people still playing as freelancers are going to get. If you want even a chance at the mech, or the extra four million cbills and a free mech bay...start your own merc unit and take a contract with one of the smaller popular factions with bigger contract bonuses. Now that we have three under-populated clan factions giving 50% bonuses and two IS factions giving 40%... not sure why anyone would still play as a freeboater.

Okay, maybe I am a bit blind, but where is it explained in detail that IS / Clan has to win to get their mech?The criteria for getting the mechs is as following:

Earn 150 Matchscore 12 Times (Any FP Mode, IS only)

Nothing else noted there, so perhaps I have overseen something.

#100 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:22 AM

View PostMercarryn, on 12 October 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

Okay, maybe I am a bit blind, but where is it explained in detail that IS / Clan has to win to get their mech?The criteria for getting the mechs is as following:

Earn 150 Matchscore 12 Times (Any FP Mode, IS only)

Nothing else noted there, so perhaps I have overseen something.

RIGHT NEXT TO THE RIGHT is the second criteria... "VICTORY"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users