445 replies to this topic

#41 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 11 October 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Quiting now and chancing factions wont help,

Which is why, in the future I'm staying out of any faction so I can quickly join a faction with bonus rewards, shall another event like that happen. Too bad, since I was a FP regular too and now I will be quitting it outside of event periods. I know I'm just one person but I'm certainly not the only one who will be doing that. Plus time after time, by doing **** like this they only make people get turned off more and more.

At this point I feel like they are trying to effectively kill FP population with premeditation.

Edited by Unit 86, 11 October 2017 - 01:33 PM.

#42 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Yes it does take 7 days to switch sides.

#43 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

I have noticed tonight that inner sphere is dominating. They might win and this one after all.

According to the Conflicts Panel, War Log tab, inner sphere started winning a lot at 12:59 pm today. That must have been when the special was announced.

#44 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

So...question.

Loyalist event, kind of neat that PGI is trying this again after they gave up running faction-specific events two years ago.

But they left out Clan Nova Cat.

Why?

#45 Nomad One

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

Inner Sphere is winning because a lot of really, REALLY bad players switched to clan hoping once again to be carried by the competent ones.

So with their laziness, incompetence and greed, they're effectively hobbling the side they joined in hopes of welfare battlemechs.

#46 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostBSK, on 11 October 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

Oh how I love events like this, between 10 and 20 unit members will leave my unit to gain rewards for Clan and IS then ask me to pay 9.000.000 for each one to take them back into the unit ..

Tell them to deposit 9mil on the way out to pay for their reinstatement or don't come knockin'

#47 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 11 October 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Nice to finally see a decent faction-based event, but really, the Smoke Jag award should be an Ebon Jag, or at least the OP LMG variant of the Myst Lynx. I am curious, though, what makes a "Kurita" Mauler and "Smoke Jaguar" Myst Lynx different from a regular Mauler or Myst Lynx?

Ah those are Pattern unlocks - the Database description is categorized and abbreviated so sometimes the name isn't adequate description - Updating those now.

#48 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostNomad One, on 11 October 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Inner Sphere is winning because a lot of really, REALLY bad players switched to clan hoping once again to be carried by the competent ones.

So with their laziness, incompetence and greed, they're effectively hobbling the side they joined in hopes of welfare battlemechs.

Which is actually good for them, since for Clan side losing the war would actually give MORE cbills than winning (Mist Lynx sells about 3mil cbills. Actually less than 4mil cbills.)

But for sure, I chose IS side to get that cbills instead of getting Mist Lynx prime, just for sure. Not to mention I already have two prime variants with special cbill boost. Mauler would be good since it will be about 0.2mil additional cbills when it is sold.

#49 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 11 October 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Ah those are Pattern unlocks - the Database description is categorized and abbreviated so sometimes the name isn't adequate description - Updating those now.

Thanks for the reply!

#50 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

View PostUnit 86, on 11 October 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Why in the world would rewards be locked into specific (not to mention the LEAST populated one) faction is beyond me.
The event designing has hit the newest low and I thought it was literally impossible to make it worse after the "win each mode in FP where the only mode you get is Siege"

Its the first loyalist event... others will follow. PGI is soooo sorry they're not starting with yours Mr entitlement.

#51 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:01 PM

Right. Being baffled by PGI choosing to additionally reward mere 15% of population (and that's assuming all faction have fair population which they don't so it's actually less than 15%) is now being "entitled".
But I see where it's coming from, it's especially rich coming from someone who has no faction chosen and can freely jump into the one being additionally rewarded. Which is understandable, I would do so too if the event was announced sooner than the last night, so I would have the time to break off loyalty, wait 7 days and join House Kurita for the event.

I suppose there is a lesson to be learned out of this. From now on I'll definitely stay away from FP completely, until there is an event regarding it. Just in case once again a specific faction gets additional 4 THOUSAND MC worth of rewards on top of the other things that everyone gets.

Edited by Unit 86, 11 October 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#52 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 11 October 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Its the first loyalist event... others will follow. PGI is soooo sorry they're not starting with yours Mr entitlement.

I'd feel entitled after spending close to 900$ on supporting the game but I stopped caring completely a few months ago. NS not in a Kurita event seems like pure heresy but it is what it is.

Edited by Crockdaddy, 11 October 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#53 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:21 PM

Mist Lynx versus Mauler? Come on. :/

Why not Dire Wolf or Mauler? How can you possibly offer a Light versus an Assault as a prize and call that "balanced?"

Why not take lead from events of the past and let people pick the prizes they want once they qualify for them?

Here's my next question: since these "Loyalist" events mean that the real big prizes will only be rewarded to specific Loyalist pilots on specific Factions...are we going to give ALL houses and ALL Clans Loyalist events? Because I can see Diamond Shark, Nova Cat, and Steel Viper denied Loyalist events because they have no presence whatsoever on the Inner Sphere map.

And do we have victory conditions yet?

Why does it seem like this event is suddenly popping up as a haphazard attempt to appease people without clear thought being applied? You guys had months backed up by years of competitions and events as research to figure this out...

Edited by Commander A9, 11 October 2017 - 03:23 PM.

#54 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Yes, we will be doing more Faction Loyalist Events! For all factions!

#55 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 11 October 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Nice to finally see a decent faction-based event, but really, the Smoke Jag award should be an Ebon Jag, or at least the OP LMG variant of the Myst Lynx.

I am curious, though, what makes a "Kurita" Mauler and "Smoke Jaguar" Myst Lynx different from a regular Mauler or Myst Lynx?

The mauler was an assault mech built first by Kurita in the lore, likewise the origin for the myst lynx to the jaguars. That's why they were chosen as prizes.

#56 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

An Assault versus a Light... :/

#57 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostUnit 86, on 11 October 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

But I see where it's coming from, it's especially rich coming from someone who has no faction chosen and can freely jump into the one being additionally rewarded. Which is understandable, I would do so too if the event was announced sooner than the last night, so I would have the time to break off loyalty, wait 7 days and join House Kurita for the event.

Yes...someone who's spent several thousand dollars keeping PGI operating in the past 21 months. I'll be running this account on the IS side and my primary alt on the clan side (i'll roll percentile dice to determine which of the three 50% bonus clans it'll be) during the event. One of the accounts will thus end up with a free mech and mech bay, and other with 4 million cbills and a mech bay.

I suppose there is a lesson to be learned out of this. From now on I'll definitely stay away from FP completely, until there is an event regarding it. Just in case once again a specific faction gets additional 4 THOUSAND MC worth of rewards on top of the other things that everyone gets.

I learned that lesson over a year ago, but largely over fiascos like the long tom.

#58 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 11 October 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Mist Lynx versus Mauler? Come on. :/

Why not Dire Wolf or Mauler? How can you possibly offer a Light versus an Assault as a prize and call that "balanced?"

An Ebon Jaguar vs Mauler champion would be a closer price match AND the first encounter by the inner sphere of the Ebon Jaguar by the inner sphere WAS IN FACT the Battle of Luthien.

Why not take lead from events of the past and let people pick the prizes they want once they qualify for them?

Frontline 1 offered a choice but it wasn't dependent on either side actually winning the event. Any player could earn the mechs as part of completely all the event goals. Frontline 2 didn't offer a choice between mechs but again, there were no faction specific win conditions for the overall event.

Here's my next question: since these "Loyalist" events mean that the real big prizes will only be rewarded to specific Loyalist pilots on specific Factions...are we going to give ALL houses and ALL Clans Loyalist events? Because I can see Diamond Shark, Nova Cat, and Steel Viper denied Loyalist events because they have no presence whatsoever on the Inner Sphere map.

DUH yes...they've been saying that for months now. They simply picked this particular battle and these particular factions for the first one.

#59 ArticArcher

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

Since faction jumping is or will become an issue for this and other loyalist events, I suggest a reward tied to the faction reputation rank you level up by staying in your loyalist faction long term.

#60 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Ebon Jag isn't a bad idea...except they already gave away the Champion during the Prove Your Allegiance II Event of May 2016.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users