445 replies to this topic

#21 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 11 October 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

DO reward loyalist

Yes. DO reward loyalists. All of them. Not only 15% of them.

Edited by Unit 86, 11 October 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#22 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Looks like there is an interesting few days ahead, and I enjoy picking up additional Mechs as reward content. :D

The only thing that bothers me is where did the idea come from that a Mist Lynx and a Mauler are of equivalent value? They are nowhere near equivalent Tonnage. They are nowhere near equivalent Armor or Structure. They are nowhere near equivalent Capability. They are nowhere near equivalent Firepower either. The tiny little Mist Lynx does NOT really have that much Mobility to use. I am left with questions here. Why is there not a Clan Mech of equal Tonnage and Capability to the Mauler up for the earning? :(

~Mr. D. V. "Oh well... I probably needed another 25-Ton Mech anyway, even if I didn't realize it." Devnull

#23 DontStandBehindMe

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

Hmmmm...clans win a myst linx, but IS win a Mauler? Yeah that seems balanced lol

#24 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

View PostDontStandBehindMe, on 11 October 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Hmmmm...clans win a myst linx, but IS win a Mauler? Yeah that seems balanced lol

What are the in-game costs for these mechs, accounting for tech disparity?

#25 BlackW1nd

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Looks like there is an interesting few days ahead, and I enjoy picking up additional Mechs as reward content. Posted Image

The only thing that bothers me is where did the idea come from that a Mist Lynx and a Mauler are of equivalent value? They are nowhere near equivalent Tonnage. They are nowhere near equivalent Armor or Structure. They are nowhere near equivalent Capability. They are nowhere near equivalent Firepower either. The tiny little Mist Lynx does NOT really have that much Mobility to use. I am left with questions here. Why is there not a Clan Mech of equal Tonnage and Capability to the Mauler up for the earning? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Oh well... I probably needed another 25-Ton Mech anyway, even if I didn't realize it." Devnull

Mist Lynx Mlx-prime(c) is a Champion mech, so it's cost is much much higher than Mauler's.

#26 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 11 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Plenty of C-Bills to be won!
9 Million if you earn above 150 match score in 12 matches even if you lose
The only Loyalist rewards are Customization Content.

I am listening to your feedback guys really trying to make the events fun.
I am looking forward to making some Clan VS Clan events and IS vs IS events in the near future.

Looks like the Web page isn't showing the criteria for Win/Loss we will fix that asap.

I really like the lead-in to this one. I "love" having some semblance of story. I'd like to see loyalists for the right faction get something different from everyone else.

I'd like to see faction rep rewards for fighting for each given side.

I think the "Winner" reward needs to be something that gives bragging rights and not something of large direct value like a mech. Maybe a mech bay, since we're talking about fighting over territory.

#27 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Hey PGI, read a book!

Luthien was attacked by Clan Smoke Jaguar AND Clan Nova Cat, it wasn't CSJ and multiple allied clans. Also, it was defended by House Kurita with the generous, pro bono - and ESSENTIAL - help of the Wolfs Dragoons AND Kell Hounds. However, I wouldn't call those mercs 'allies' as 1. Kurita hates mercs, and 2. there were no other houses there to help. So, yeah, maybe you want to revise your event description to take that into account.

Also,consider that the Kell Hounds and Wolfs Dragoons were fighting to defend the planet with both Clan and IS chassis, you might want to revise the rules on what mechs mercs can take into the field.

Did you need lore references? I can recommend a few books....

Edited by Peiper, 11 October 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#28 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 11 October 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Plenty of C-Bills to be won!
9 Million if you earn above 150 match score in 12 matches even if you lose
The only Loyalist rewards are Customization Content.

I am listening to your feedback guys really trying to make the events fun.
I am looking forward to making some Clan VS Clan events and IS vs IS events in the near future.

Looks like the Web page isn't showing the criteria for Win/Loss we will fix that asap.

Any prize associated with the condition the IS wins a faction play event is the same as the BIG GIANT Panda at a carnival for putting the little ring around a bottle. Its just a tease. The prize could be a fully functional life sized Atlas mech of your own to pilot in the real world ..... and it would be safe that the Clans will win this faction play event just as they've won every other event. Its a joke.

PS: Matt you are doing a great job with the events, don't take my disappointment at the automatic loss the IS will suffer as your fault.Simply highlighting the state of the game, over the last 2 years i've been playing at least.

Edited by Racerxintegra2k, 11 October 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#29 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostUnit 86, on 11 October 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Yes. DO reward loyalists. All of them. Not only 15% of them.

All loyalist will get their turn obviously. You cant be giving too much to everyone all the time, especially if it was something valuable like a mech.

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Looks like there is an interesting few days ahead, and I enjoy picking up additional Mechs as reward content. Posted Image

The only thing that bothers me is where did the idea come from that a Mist Lynx and a Mauler are of equivalent value? They are nowhere near equivalent Tonnage. They are nowhere near equivalent Armor or Structure. They are nowhere near equivalent Capability. They are nowhere near equivalent Firepower either. The tiny little Mist Lynx does NOT really have that much Mobility to use. I am left with questions here. Why is there not a Clan Mech of equal Tonnage and Capability to the Mauler up for the earning? Posted Image

I think that in this meta, a MLX is equal to a MAL on the battlefield ;)

Its probably a vain attempt at "lets try to have more people on the is side" For 3 million cbills more that the MAL offer with the mechbay...

Edited by DAYLEET, 11 October 2017 - 12:11 PM.

#30 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Yeah. I actually like the Myst Lynx and have been playing clan lately so I guess it's not as annoying as when I play IS and lose every time.

#31 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Oh how I love events like this, between 10 and 20 unit members will leave my unit to gain rewards for Clan and IS then ask me to pay 9.000.000 for each one to take them back into the unit ..

#32 Unit 86

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 11 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

All loyalist will get their turn obviously.

Ah, so to essentially create an environment where everyone jumps from faction to faction to get rewards, in turn making FP be played even less, outisde of event periods?

So this was just yet another ploy to kill FP playerbase, all along? I knew it.

#33 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:23 PM

Very stoked to see the faction play with the planet events finally come in, been waiting on it for a bit.
I think loyalist specific rewards are great, should add in some merc specifics for fighting for said loyalist factions involved as well though.
Keep up the great work matt.

#34 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

View PostUnit 86, on 11 October 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Ah, so to essentially create an environment where everyone jumps from faction to faction to get rewards.

Letting people quit faction whenever they want was a mistake. Whats the timeout when you quit right now, one week before it takes effect?

#35 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:37 PM

One week, plus ten games of not getting rewards if you're a loyalist.

#36 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

Always like events but wish there was more then the simple tug of war.

A few more days warning would also be nice for word to spread etc..

Something like 5 separate 3 day events.. best 3 of 5 wins. 4 or 5 wins different rewards/planets taken. 0 wins CSJ is relegated to a support role and another clan like CDS gets onto the map

How about some leaderboards?
Clan Leaderboard
House Leaderboard
Clan Mercenary Leaderboard
Inner Sphere Mercenary Leaderboard
Clan Unit Leaderboard
Inner Sphere unit Leaderboard
Clan Pilot Leaderboard
Inner Sphere Pilot Leaderboard
Clan Smoke Jaguar Leaderboard (extra bonus one for Clan)
Kurita Leaderboard (extra bonus one for faction)

Edited by mp00, 11 October 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#37 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

The Loyalist reward tier "Kurita Guard" rewards a "Kurita Mauler".
I'm making the assumption (I hate doing that) that this in the Faction paint scheme for the Mauler?
Perhaps clarification should be made to that tier reward for Kurita and Smoke Jag accordingly.

I really got turned off to FP early on. Did wave-1 and never looked back. With that said though, yea the faction hopping will only serve to further destabilize an already unreliable population. I wont comment more on that since I haven't been involved.

I do feel its unfortunate though that I feel more inclined to play this event with my potato newb account with limited mechs than this primary account with damn near everything I'd need.

#38 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

I think it will not follow the lore and we will see a lot of Kuritan seal clubbed...

Edited by Damnedtroll, 11 October 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#39 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Quiting now and chancing factions wont help, event will be over before cooldown period ends. Letting people come and go in unit is leaders choice, making donation to units coffers before they quit will fix that problem quick.

And Misty(C) was award awhile back, lot of players already have it.

#40 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

Based on my research because I am still pretty new to this game. It's impossible to satisfy Kurita and Smoke Jaguar loyalty challenges together before the event is over because it takes 7 days to fully leave a faction once pledged before i can pledge to a different faction. Is this correct?

Edited by GamerPro4000, 11 October 2017 - 01:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users