66 replies to this topic

#21 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

Some are gonna hate me, but that's OK. I say un-nerf and un-buff ALL mechs, weapons and equipment then start over. There has been so much nerfing, buffing, nothing works like it should. The hell with balance! Just my opinion folks, KISS.

#22 SargeantShepard

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

View PostChristophe Ivanov, on 13 October 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Some are gonna hate me, but that's OK. I say un-nerf and un-buff ALL mechs, weapons and equipment then start over. There has been so much nerfing, buffing, nothing works like it should. The hell with balance! Just my opinion folks, KISS.

YEAH! F*ck balance! Lets go back to the oneshot Gauss/PPC meta! Or the C-SPL boat meta! Lets make LGauss and HGauss even more worthless again!

DOESNT THAT SOUND LIKE FUN GUYS?!

#23 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

View PostSargeantShepard, on 13 October 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

YEAH! F*ck balance! Lets go back to the oneshot Gauss/PPC meta! Or the C-SPL boat meta! Lets make LGauss and HGauss even more worthless again!

DOESNT THAT SOUND LIKE FUN GUYS?!

I mean, if we want to KISS, let's just revert to no Clans. Problem solved!

#24 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts
  • LocationPugsville, Pugistan.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

While we're at it, lets make LRM's CT/Head seek again. Posted Image

#25 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:47 PM

View PostChristophe Ivanov, on 13 October 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

BRING BACK LUMRAGEDDON I

I keed, I keed... Posted Image

#26 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

View PostShard Phoenix, on 13 October 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

While we're at it, lets make LRM's CT/Head seek again. Posted Image

Do you remember when streak 2s did that? There was a guy called GOD running around in a Catapult a1 jump jetting up above you and then headshotting you.
Back in 2012 or 2013

Edited by l33tworks, 13 October 2017 - 06:53 PM.

#27 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

Man, they went after Lasers with a chain saw in this patch, didn't they? Cooldown nerfs for everyone!

https://mwomercs.com...14132-17oct2017

Looks like Dakkas back on the menu, boys!

#28 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

October: Nerf ALL the good things edition notes-

All of my astonishment on Artemis. In what magical realm did I get to put all my LRMs or even ATMs into a single component even WITH the upgrade and every spread reduction node in the Firepower tree?

SRMs, sure.

#29 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostBombast, on 13 October 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Man, they went after Lasers with a chain saw in this patch, didn't they? Cooldown nerfs for everyone!

Heavy small lasers now have a longer cooldown than IS PPCs. Heavy medium and HLL's now are slower firing than Gauss rifles.

A laser that's slower than a Gauss rifle. A medium laser, at that.

Duh. It's the only thing that didn't get bent over the barrel without lube here.

#30 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 13 October 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Duh. It's the only thing that didn't get bent over the barrel without lube here.

2x AC/10, 2x HPPC (or 1x HPPC + 1x PPC), here I come! Should be a fairly decent counter to the big-arse Clan laser boats.

View PostBombast, on 13 October 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

That moment when you calculate the DPS for the isERML and both types of IS Small Laser to be less than 1...

#31 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 13 October 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

The 5 MPL wolfhound has great heat efficiency, especially if you use the variant that has -10% energy heat.

Fundamental issue with the wolfhound is that given its speed and hitboxes it doesnt need durability quirks at all. I mean, look at the wolfhound, then look at the cougar...the wolfhound is small and thin, the cougar is wide and fat.

The Cougar can also feasibly mount a 60 damage alpha from 450m away. Different role entirely so you are kind of comparing apples to oranges.

#32 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

For an extra slap in the face... check out the arms on the nightstar waking cockpit item...

Edit: and if you mount it in your cockpit... then every time you are cored for needing to expose too much or you fire into a low rock infront of you... you can flick your eyes to the little with non sloping arms... and remember what arms in the artwork, that may have sold you on the mech, looked like.

Edited by chucklesMuch, 13 October 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#33 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

View PostTordin, on 13 October 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Nnnnnngh! Nerfing the Assassin, I can understand.

Okay, soooo... what exactly would you take from the Assassin? It's not like they are juiced to the gills with quirks.

#34 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 13 October 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

The 5 MPL wolfhound has great heat efficiency, especially if you use the variant that has -10% energy heat.

Fundamental issue with the wolfhound is that given its speed and hitboxes it doesnt need durability quirks at all. I mean, look at the wolfhound, then look at the cougar...the wolfhound is small and thin, the cougar is wide and fat.

Why do you always compare the best with the worst instead of the best with the best?

#35 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

Well, there's one thing good about laserslow. *choke*

You'll be able to fire more consecutive alphas because you're being forced to cool down longer between them.

#36 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 13 October 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Yah... my Bumblebee got hit hard, I think. Not sure what to do... I guess switch from ASRM6x4+MLx4 to SRM4x4+MPLx4? That seems underwhelming, but at it feels like MLs are taking a huge bump down and SRM6As may not be worth the tonnage anymore.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 13 October 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

That moment when you calculate the DPS for the isERML and both types of IS Small Laser to be less than 1...

Why does this feel like one of those huge nerfs that's not actually going to fix any problems (The problem here being massive laser alpha mechs that could probably use an extra second or two to cool down anyway)?

And why does it feel like I wont be playing my Jester much soon?

#37 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

pgi again proving they have no idea what they're doing.

#38 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

The only lasers that got left alone were the biggest ones (except for the heavy large). That means the pokesnipers (ERLL) are unmolested, but pretty much everything else is- most laservomit used medium lasers to go with larger ones.

It also, due to the focus on those smaller lasers, pretty much ends up a near universal nerf to lights. Anyone using Artemis SRMs also gets nerfed. Heavy laser builds period become glacial in terms of delivering hits.

Edited by Brain Cancer, 13 October 2017 - 08:16 PM.

#39 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

View PostBombast, on 13 October 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Why does this feel like one of those huge nerfs that's not actually going to fix any problems (The problem here being massive laser alpha mechs that could probably use an extra second or two to cool down anyway)?

And why does it feel like I wont be playing my Jester much soon?

Because that's exactly what it is. IS laser builds have less range, less alpha, less DPS, and less sustained output when put into application. Solution? Nerf all the lasers so that there is no relative change! Wahoo!

#40 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

I can see pretty much all of my light builds will be nerfed hard by this, oh well.... getting to where I say just break the game and get it over with, sigh.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users