43 replies to this topic

#1 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

The clan bias has finally just worn me out. I have yet to see IS be competitive in anyway in FP, and with the DPS nerfs coming, I am pretty much done- probably play one or 2 games and then go BS.

I pre-ordered the nightstar and then I saw their stealth nerf lowering the arms to the waist and knew it was time for me to stop spending money..GG thanks PGI, it was a good 5+ years, but no more from me.

Great times to all the guys over the years, you were what kept it fun, see you around once in a great while. I'm now of broken spirit and don't care.

#2 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Nightstar arms are getting changed, jokes on you! But nobody would take the time to find that information.

See you in the next thread!

#3 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

View PostN0ni, on 15 October 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Nightstar arms are getting changed, jokes on you! But nobody would take the time to find that information.

See you in the next thread!

Sorry, but them realizing that people caught them stealth nerfing the nightstar and they have to change it because of the pitchforkds, doesn't change the clan bias, it was just a symptom and I will no longer support this game.... jokes on them, I am keeping my money...hahahaha, go clan go!

This game will be gone in 6 months or less judging the hemorrhaging I see in my unit, from over 600 to less than 200 in 3 months, and judging from the talk on TS everybody is sick of this.

Edited by Papaspud, 15 October 2017 - 06:39 PM.

#4 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:34 PM

As N0ni said, arms are getting changed. Not 100% sure on what that means, but its something.

But I suspect you were just looking for an excuse to leave. In which case, see you later.

Unrelated, GG threads are against the rules. In before lock!

#5 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostBombast, on 15 October 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

As N0ni said, arms are getting changed. Not 100% sure on what that means, but its something.

But I suspect you were just looking for an excuse to leave. In which case, see you later.

Unrelated, GG threads are against the rules. In before lock!

Thanks, the more people that say goodbye, the easier it is to leave!! Take care of yourself, and have fun.

#6 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

Aw man don't leave.
Let's not go down without a fight.
I'm still havin fun, but I will never spend a dime on this again.

#7 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 15 October 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

Aw man don't leave.
Let's not go down without a fight.
I'm still havin fun, but I will never spend a dime on this again.

Nope not leaving totally, just not spending money totally, they have finally shown their true clan colors with this last patch/mechpack. I won't spend another penny until I see the IS win 1....yea just 1 FP event, and since that isn't happening- wallet closed forever, hope all the new clanner recruits enjoy trying to support this game.... against themselves.

I was having fun, but I have a real sour taste in my mouth right now, like someone F'ed me there.

Edited by Papaspud, 15 October 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#8 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostPapaspud, on 15 October 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

they have finally shown their true clan colors with this last patch/mechpack.

So $500 gold CLAN mechs wasn't enough and you were okay with that, but a few nerfs to IS weapons AND clan weapons... (BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE) that's when they "show their true colors"?

Am i getting this right?

#9 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

View PostTlords, on 15 October 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

I'm serious. I love the laser changes. In my opinion, 2 one-ton weapons should never outperform a single 4 ton / 5 ton weapon.

A lot of the discussion I'm seeing regarding the change is medium lasers should have shorter cool downs than large lasers. My response is why? Just because its been that way, isn't good enough of an answer for me.

Let's look at the facts. C-ERMLs weigh 4x less than a C-ERLL. For the inner sphere, their medium lasers weigh 5x less than LL and ERLL. 2 C-ERML with 2 double heatsinks weighs the same as a C-ERLL and does 3 pts more damage, while running cooler. The C-ERLL only advantage is range.

This change makes one LL (clan or Inner Sphere) slightly better than 2-ML and I salute PGI for doing this.

hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha, thanks for the fish.

#10 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

View PostN0ni, on 15 October 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

So $500 gold CLAN mechs wasn't enough and you were okay with that, but a few nerfs to IS weapons AND clan weapons... (BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE) that's when they "show their true colors"?

Am i getting this right?

No, your not getting it right, have been waiting for balance for years, thought the new weapons would make a difference- nope they were in general downgrades, and the laser nerfs= totally clan++, if you can't see it well.... have fun clanning it.... maybe this will get them to finally have clan vs clan.... because there are no IS left to maul.

GG PGI....go clan go!!!

#11 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostN0ni, on 15 October 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

Am i getting this right?

Come on man, don't be disingenuous you know full well who "always" loses out on the nerf.
You've been here long enough.
But like my grandpappy Novakaine would say.
"Boy ya just can't convince a blind clanner a apple is red."

#12 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 15 October 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

Come on man, don't be disingenuous you know full well who "always" loses out on the nerf.
You've been here long enough.

To be fair, it is a nerf to both sides. It's just that the Clans have better alternatives to SL/MLs (Machine Gun Spam and Max Alpha lasers). Clan mechs incapable of those (Not many, but still) are going to feel the burn almost as bad as the IS will.

And I just realized I'm going to have to learn how to run HLLs on my Gargoyle without blowing myself up. ****.

#13 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

View PostBombast, on 15 October 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

To be fair, it is a nerf to both sides. It's just that the Clans have better alternatives to SL/MLs (Machine Gun Spam and Max Alpha lasers). Clan mechs incapable of those (Not many, but still) are going to feel the burn almost as bad as the IS will.

And I just realized I'm going to have to learn how to run HLLs on my Gargoyle without blowing myself up. ****.

At least you have that option, IS= hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..GG thanks PGI.... go clans go!!

Edited by Papaspud, 15 October 2017 - 08:05 PM.

#14 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostPapaspud, on 15 October 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

At least you have that option, IS= hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..GG thanks PGI.... go clans go!!

I only have two Clan mechs (Three once 2017 Rewards Drop).

Kind of wondering whats going to happen to the MPL Huntsman I have as well. MPLs got hit the lightest, but it wasn't like it was my best performer to begin with...

#15 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

View PostNovakaine, on 15 October 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

And you also "can't judge a book by its cover". I might drop clan mechs the most in total, but i enjoy dropping both despite whatever happens. Hell, my favorite painted up mechs are IS.

#16 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:25 PM

View PostN0ni, on 15 October 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

And you also "can't judge a book by its cover". I might drop clan mechs the most in total, but i enjoy dropping both despite whatever happens. Hell, my favorite painted up mechs are IS.

Thats nice, how about an IS mech that can fight back, looks good means jack. Unless your a clanner, then maybe you can whine that the IS mechs look better- F it= nerf em!

#17 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostPapaspud, on 15 October 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

how about an IS mech that can fight back

All of them? Mechs mean squat if you have potato pilots in them. Put a good pilot in a Locust with zero armor and one small laser and he'll find a way to carry.

#18 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

NONi, GG go clans go, this game is dead for IS, if you think any different.. well, go clans go.... how many IS are going to be in the finals.... yea that is what I thought.

Of course IS potatoes are worse.... can you say IMBALANCE??????????

#19 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Since when does the MWOWC dictate which mechs are good or bad?

That's not really a valid reason. Go IS go!!!

#20 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 639 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

View PostN0ni, on 15 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Since when does the MWOWC dictate which mechs are good or bad?

That's not really a valid reason. Go IS go!!!

hahahahahahahahha are you really that slow? Nevermind.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users