Energy Weapon Patch Update.

197 replies to this topic

#141 Fart Huffer

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

maybe "laser vomit" wouldn't be such a problem if GR didnt have some infernal non canon charge up time, if we had heavy rockets and a few other things. I have to say this seems like more of a case of "some thing works, nerf it" than "it actually needs to be fixed" however I will say you guys pretty much screwed the IS from the get go.

#142 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostGrus, on 17 October 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

change our Ac's to a single round instead of a stream of bullets and you'll see a big shift.

View PostSoulRipp, on 17 October 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

Ow yes please, Give the regular Clan AC a Single round, instead of Burst!

Sure! Do you want less damage on those ACs, or more damage on IS ACs, to compensate for the weight disparity instead?

#143 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Ow yes please, Give the regular Clan AC a Single round, instead of Burst!

There is no regular Clan AC. There's a placeholder Paul never removed because that would imply they can't actually fix LB-X to fire properly.

The proper solution would be refunding the lot. The closest thing that actually exists is the Protomech AC, and it's not in-timeline yet.

#144 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:48 AM

Boo. Mob rules... again.

#145 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 October 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

PGI says that massed Lasers are meant for large alphas, and that's what they want them to be used for. We might have to just deal with it.

So light mechs, mechs that run a few med lasers as backups on ammo dependent builds, energy brawlers, and IS energy boats are just gonna have to take it where the sun doesn't shine because PGI wants lasers to only be useful as poke and hide weapons? Taking the attitude that we "just have to deal with it" would've gotten the original nerf through without so much as a peep. Even if massed lasers are going to be meant for large alphas, there's no reason for medium lasers to have less DPS than large lasers when they're primarily brawling weapons. ER meds having a close/identical cooldown is... understandable in a way since they're more for sniping, but standard meds, smalls, and pulses are short range weapons. Having a long cooldown without a high damage per shot is bad.

#146 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostVladosteron, on 17 October 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

How about not giving laser weapons not Ghostheat but Ghostduration?
The more Laz0rs you fire, the longer they burn, the more facetime you need, the more spread the damage gets.

A long time ago I suggested something like this, constant laser as long as you hold button. That way it's up to the player to manage the heat to not overheat and like you said, it's more facetime so at risk, and usually you spread damage more also by moving. Maybe it would work.

#147 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

An idea that I've had recently, which I'd LOVE to throw to the sharks and see how it gets torn up (or not) is to eliminate convergence entirely, as a balance factor. That would prevent high-alpha pinpoint laser builds from all hitting the same component (they'd still put out the same damage value, but spread all over the target), and add a little extra skill into the game. It would also have the added bonus of not hitting the invisible terrain that your targeting reticle thinks it's pointing at while side-poking.

What does the community think?

#148 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 16 October 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

...compared to the assassin (which somehow doesn't get any nerfs)...I guess that is the difference between playing a game and balancing it based on "metrics".

The Assasin wont get nerfed untill it gets a cbill release, very few Pay-only mechs have ever been nerfed untill the money grubbing was over with, so it is a difference of paying PIG for advantages or not, was the same thing with clan omnis wave 1 and 2, somehow they dared tweak the MC-MKII agility down a bit( I think, I dont own one )...

Edited by Poptimus Rhyme Wallace, 17 October 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#149 Longer Tom Artilery

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

View PostPoptimus Rhyme Wallace, on 17 October 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

The Assasin wont get nerfed untill it gets a cbill release, very few Pay-only mechs have ever been nerfed untill the money grubbing was over with, so it is a difference of paying PIG for advantages or not, was the same thing with clan omnis wave 1 and 2, somehow they dared tweak the MC-MKII agility down a bit( I think, I dont own one )...

The Assassin is already available for C-Bills.

#150 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostLonger Tom Artilery, on 17 October 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

The Assassin is already available for C-Bills.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, I stopped ACTUALLY following the ups and downs of Nerfs last year, I am just spouting Bittervet **** at this point honestly.

And not using IS mechs make me oblivious to most facts about them too.

I just figured if the Devs can spout oblivious crap as if it was fact, I could too Posted Image

Edited by Poptimus Rhyme Wallace, 17 October 2017 - 01:16 PM.

#151 78star

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

If IS wants our mechs to be equal, then make our mechs not a ton more expensive!

#152 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 17 October 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Sure! Do you want less damage on those ACs, or more damage on IS ACs, to compensate for the weight disparity instead?
or they could just fix LBx and give us the slug rounds. But no, I would not want less damage and higher weight. Just like my med Las is slower fireing and hot as he'll and all I get out of it is range...

#153 reQu1em

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for listening phi. I still don’t think they need any nerf though, I think the large lasers need an increase in dps.

#154 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostGrus, on 17 October 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

or they could just fix LBx and give us the slug rounds. But no, I would not want less damage and higher weight. Just like my med Las is slower fireing and hot as he'll and all I get out of it is range...

Sure, if they could do that, but we know they can't. We know they can tweak damage number, though. Also, are you forgetting the higher damage on that ERML? 40% extra damage is pretty nice.

#155 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

HEY! PGI stop the time wasting and going round in circles nerfing the game into the floor one weapon at a time.

put all the weapon balance changes back to default and all the quirks and all the mess that has been made of weapon balancing, the fun part to a shooter is the shooting bit stop taking the fun out of it put the damage back on small pulse or at least up to 5, remove ghost heat on gauss ppc or at least on 3. 4 is a little OP but there were only a few mechs that could do it well and after the velocity nerfs/de-syncs over the years getting the rounds to land at the same time wasn't easy so most didn't bother making it possible to spread a little undo all the ballistic nerfs buff srms leave mrms nerf lrms (just a little though just to stop lurmagedon II) because once all the other weapons are un nerfed lasers won't seem so strong "but then we're back to square 1" i hear you screaming...good now that this shooter is shooty again instead of math home work we can reassess the original problem which is "all these weapons, mechs and groups kill me before i can figure anything out" altering the deadliness of the weapons only complicated everything and turned this game into math homework people who did theirs started doing well and impressed every one with their big numbers and people copied them and soon everyone did it then pgi nerfed something and the tug of war began.

a long time ago pgi doubled all the armour values of the mechs because the values were poor double them again may be even triple them then people will live longer and there will be more damage for those c-bill hungary players that don't have PT the games should last longer which could facilitate more comebacks instead of snow balls. "but ammo will run out more" increase that too more shooty = more fun =more bang for bucks= more bucks it is simples more BANG! for my bucks less math homework this would be much more fun for an individual not in a team/new players who haven't discovered teams yet

#156 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

View PostThe Blood God, on 17 October 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

HEY! PGI stop the time wasting and going round in circles nerfing the game into the floor one weapon at a time.

put all the weapon balance changes back to default and all the quirks and all the mess that has been made of weapon balancing, the fun part to a shooter is the shooting bit stop taking the fun out of it put the damage back on small pulse or at least up to 5, remove ghost heat on gauss ppc or at least on 3. 4 is a little OP but there were only a few mechs that could do it well and after the velocity nerfs/de-syncs over the years getting the rounds to land at the same time wasn't easy so most didn't bother making it possible to spread a little undo all the ballistic nerfs buff srms leave mrms nerf lrms (just a little though just to stop lurmagedon II) because once all the other weapons are un nerfed lasers won't seem so strong "but then we're back to square 1" i hear you screaming...good now that this shooter is shooty again instead of math home work we can reassess the original problem which is "all these weapons, mechs and groups kill me before i can figure anything out" altering the deadliness of the weapons only complicated everything and turned this game into math homework people who did theirs started doing well and impressed every one with their big numbers and people copied them and soon everyone did it then pgi nerfed something and the tug of war began.

a long time ago pgi doubled all the armour values of the mechs because the values were poor double them again may be even triple them then people will live longer and there will be more damage for those c-bill hungary players that don't have PT the games should last longer which could facilitate more comebacks instead of snow balls. "but ammo will run out more" increase that too more shooty = more fun =more bang for bucks= more bucks it is simples more BANG! for my bucks less math homework this would be much more fun for an individual not in a team/new players who haven't discovered teams yet

Mechs do not need to be any more durable than they are now. If you "double" or "Triple" the armor that we have now, then people will just charge straight at each other like idiots and that would be insanely boring.

#157 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 17 October 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Just give clans the choice of mounting IS ACs and see if they'd take them. Bigger, heavier, shorter range.

View Post78star, on 17 October 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

If IS wants our mechs to be equal, then make our mechs not a ton more expensive!

IS have to pay for upgrades (endo, ferro, xl) that makes the costs the same and the upgrades are only half as good.

View PostGrus, on 17 October 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

if you know the weakness of the build then why are you not exploiting said drawback? Flamers and your flavor of brawler, done.

An AC20/SRM brawler with flamers will probably take at least 2 laser vomit alphas while closing to brawling range, it will be lucky to have not lost some of it's firepower. If the laser vomit doesn't duck back into cover the brawler can start to put some DPS onto it while closing to flamer range, taking another alpha in the process and probably losing a side torso. Whats left of the mech is finished off by one last alpha before the flamers have a chance to do anything.

#158 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 17 October 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Sure, if they could do that, but we know they can't. We know they can tweak damage number, though. Also, are you forgetting the higher damage on that ERML? 40% extra damage is pretty nice.
not that nice due to duration of burn and that extra damage goes into a shield arm...

Edited by Grus, 17 October 2017 - 03:14 PM.

#159 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

View Postdr3dnought, on 17 October 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

Just give clans the choice of mounting IS ACs and see if they'd take them. Bigger, heavier, shorter range.

Well, I'm somewhat of an advocate for MixTech, so sure Posted Image

#160 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 17 October 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Well, I'm somewhat of an advocate for MixTech, so sure Posted Image
omg duel rac5 deathstrike... yes please. Or duel ac20 that dosnt spread over 1/4 of the mech. Cooler balistics...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users