Civil War: Escalation Mech Pack Challenges!

103 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

FEATURING THE ARCTIC WOLF AND THE NOVA CAT
FEATURING THE OSIRIS AND THE NIGHTSTAR

Event details are available on the web and in-game.
Coming soon! redeeming rewards from the web!

NOTE: Due to the event already being exclusive to mech pack owners there are no additional rewards for tournament supporter pack owners.

#2 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Too bad for the people who do not own mech packs like me are excluded from all events. I guess I will not play much the next couple of days.

UPDATE 10/19/17, 11:24 AM: Thank you Matt for listening and notifying us about future events that I hope will include ALL players! I believe all players that play this game, regardless if they spend money or not, are what keeps this game alive.

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Ack! I should have been more clear!

THere are more EVENTS COMING SOON for everyone! With TSP Bonus'!
  • I want to run an IS vs IS event and a Clan VS Clan but I am still working on the details to improve on the last faction play event! With Extra Rewards for TSP owners
  • The Halloween Lootbag event (Where you could win the new cockpit items in the patch!)
  • With extra redeems for pack and TSP owners
  • Currently, there isn't a way for me to have an event that is both counted FP and QP in the current system.
  • I have a list of improvements for the Event system and we will see what we can do to keep improving things!
Last but not least
  • Exciting new content coming to the TSP!
  • The Tournament Supporter Pack - The Pack that just keeps giving!
SIDE NOTE:
  • Keep the feedback coming I am listening and hearing you!
  • I really value well thought out constructive feedback.
  • Even when I don't get to respond to each and every concern I do hear them. (from Tina and Support and Twitter and PM's and NGNG and Russ and QA)
  • please keep in mind sometimes we have technical or time constraints.
Thanks!

Matt

Edited by GamerPro4000, 19 October 2017 - 10:34 AM.

#3 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

I guess I'm not playing MWO for the next couple of days...

...score...

#4 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

Where's the event to 'get 10 kills/kill assists on each new chassis' for a few million cbills per chassis.

#5 Harlock69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:51 PM

Is there any plan for injecting any earned rewards for those of us that STILL cannot use the event browser to see or redeem them?

#6 Lavos

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:53 PM

yeah i was wondering how the heck we redeem all this stuff anyway...i cant seem to find a way and i completed some of the past events a week ago...

#7 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

How about fixing the horrendous match score bug first!

How did it even break in the first place?

Is there any secret changes that are not reflected in the patch notes?
Does anyone tampers with the final approved patch before it goes live?

Edited by Navid A1, 18 October 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#8 Magik Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

A lot of the event rewards just say "N/A", does that mean they are yet to be announced or just haven't been updated yet? I haven't checked in the game client mind you~

#9 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Really stretching there to make the words 'each event' in your Tournament Supporter Pack sales pitch mean absolutely nothing, PGI.

#10 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Thanks PGI, for the lack of a Personal Challenge. The Civil War Patch had a Personal Challenge. Reminder: https://mwomercs.com...=201708civilwar

This only shows that you mostly cater for people that constantly give you money through mech packs, while the rest of us who don't buy every single one of your mech packs are left to dry in the desert.

This probably is a retaliation against the droves of people who requested a refund of the mech packs due to PGI's latest balance fail.

#11 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:12 PM

Would have helped the community, if there were some small and minor participatory event for non-mech owners, eg join a game with X mech, or score an assist on 1 mech from the sold mech packs. But it's ok.

#12 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

PGI, did you forget the wording of your own info for the Tournament Supporter sales page?

"Each Event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and The MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017."

You seem to keep forgetting your own words.

#13 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

View PostAnHell86, on 18 October 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Thanks PGI, for the lack of a Personal Challenge. The Civil War Patch had a Personal Challenge. Reminder: https://mwomercs.com...=201708civilwar

This only shows that you mostly cater for people that constantly give you money through mech packs, while the rest of us who don't buy every single one of your mech packs are left to dry in the desert.

They dont realise that the people who pay will run out of people to play against and quit too = less revenue for pgi for making people who pay wait for opponents to play against, i wont be logging in this weekend and I know many many many others wont be either.

#14 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

Vancouver You Have A Problem.

#15 Naitrael

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

Well, that escalated quickly.

I presume, due to the lack of a leaderboard challenge entry, that there will come another event, if you look, the Civil War Event came two weeks after the Mechpack-Launch.
Also, who seriously wants to take part in a purely damage-qualifying chassis/variant-specific event? It's pretty bland.

#16 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 18 October 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Really stretching there to make the words 'each event' in your Tournament Supporter Pack sales pitch mean absolutely nothing, PGI.

View PostMikayshen, on 18 October 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

PGI, did you forget the wording of your own info for the Tournament Supporter sales page?

"Each Event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and The MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017."

You seem to keep forgetting your own words.

you would have to own the supporter pack and new mech packs to join this event and get a bonus from the supporter pack. in my opinion the right decision to not give a bonus in this case.
another option would be to give a bonus to the owners of a supporter pack who do all challenges of this event. then you need all the new packs. and then? pgi gives a bonus and that is what you want? no matter what they do, you got your chance to cry, so be satisfied.

#17 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Give them time, another day to finish setting the events up. I'm sure there will be a personal challenge for everyone.

#18 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

View PostCaptain Hawkins, on 18 October 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

A lot of the event rewards just say "N/A", does that mean they are yet to be announced or just haven't been updated yet? I haven't checked in the game client mind you~

ingame:
collector packs: dazzle pattern
hero pack: cockpit item osiris/nightstar/arctiv wolf/nova cat walk

#19 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

Is everybody getting enough sleep? It seems to have been a bit of a bumpy ride these last few weeks. Event screen, balancing, visuals, delays, rewards etc etc.

#20 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

I can only hope that the last few fails in a row are the result of PGI preparing for Mechcon and their stretching their staff thinly, so it will be better after the Mechcon.
The "no additional reward for TSP owners" is a bad move. Again and again you are giving the players a reason to whine about. If you think people are getting too much from the TSP, you could do some marginal rewards just to be true to your words.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users