Civil War: Escalation Mech Pack Challenges!

103 replies to this topic

#21 Brakkar

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

This event is so bland, it's all about shooting lolzors a few times.
No challenge, no leaderboard, nothing.
Feeling sad a bit, considering I was one of those who feed the PGI milk cow this time...

EDIT: Oh, and I regret spending that 35 bucks now.
ANd I regret spending that 10 bucks on TSP, considering that PGI went back on their own words and are not giving bonuses on this event.

Edited by Brakkar, 18 October 2017 - 09:42 PM.

#22 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostBrakkar, on 18 October 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

This event is so bland, it's all about shooting lolzors a few times.
No challenge, no leaderboard, nothing.
Feeling sad a bit, considering I was one of those who feed the PGI milk cow this time...

EDIT: Oh, and I regret spending that 35 bucks now.
ANd I regret spending that 10 bucks on TSP, considering that PGI went back on their own words and are not giving bonuses on this event.

You regret buying the TSP because ONE event didn't give bonuses...

#23 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:21 PM

So, PGI have gotten so desparate that they're now running events exclusive to mechpack owners? As in, either buy a mechpack, or f*ck off for the next 12 days because there won't be anything for you to do in the game anyway? Well, it does look like this game is dying...

#24 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

View PostB0ll0, on 18 October 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

you would have to own the supporter pack and new mech packs to join this event and get a bonus from the supporter pack. in my opinion the right decision to not give a bonus in this case.
another option would be to give a bonus to the owners of a supporter pack who do all challenges of this event. then you need all the new packs. and then? pgi gives a bonus and that is what you want? no matter what they do, you got your chance to cry, so be satisfied.

i don't see any reason why tournament supporters who have also purchased one of these mech packs shouldn't get a little something extra out of it.

#25 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:27 PM

View Postarcana75, on 18 October 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

You regret buying the TSP because ONE event didn't give bonuses...

It's not about 1 million cbills or something like that. It's about a broken contract.

#26 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:10 AM

*sigh* ... I see a lot of people have already covered many of the thoughts I would have posted about. I personally don't know if I'll be able to dive in during this weekend or not, or any time during the 12 day run of this Event. Real Life has been far more imposing on my time as of late, causing me to miss things in some Recent Events. :unsure:

However, I definitely think it would have helped for PGI to provide some kind of incentive to be 'cannon fodder' for the madness of others. Why? People don't like to be 'clubbed seals' against something new to them unless they're getting some Hazard Pay for doing so. It's unfortunately the 'General Human Condition' we all know... and some even hate. :(

Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky enough to have some time for MWO, actually feel up to trying to jump in to the mess, and ruin some 'New MechPack Owner's day... Either that, or I'll be off in another dimension, doing something totally else... I've heard of this planet with some quote-unquote "Vaults" to find, and plenty of area to explore. I wonder if I should follow my curiosity, and check that out? :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "I think someone has opened my mental equivalent of Pandora's Box... What will ensue now?" Devnull

#27 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:10 AM

View PostNightbird, on 18 October 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

Give them time, another day to finish setting the events up. I'm sure there will be a personal challenge for everyone.

I'm not so sure. The fact that there's also no additional reward for Tournament Pack Owners (which I think ? breaks their commitment to those who purchased the pack) suggests they might be tightening the screws on giving away free stuff.

EDIT: Matt reinstated the extra rewards for TSP owners. So that's a good sign.

Edited by Appogee, 19 October 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#28 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:18 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 October 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

However, I definitely think it would have helped for PGI to provide some kind of incentive to be 'cannon fodder' for the madness of others. Why? People don't like to be 'clubbed seals' against something new to them unless they're getting some Hazard Pay for doing so. It's unfortunately the 'General Human Condition' we all know... and some even hate. Posted Image

I don't really think there's going to be a clubbed seal thing going on. Look at the rewards and the time frame. This seems more like incentives to take out the new toys early, giving PGI some hard data about game impact. And the rewards, as someone who didn't buy anything, aren't something I'm looking at with jealous eyes. Skins, cockpit stuff, and enough cbills to offset likely expenses for customizing the new rides. *shrug*

#29 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

I happen to have a set of new toys that hobviously is going to be taken out for a spin over the coming days anyway. I don't see a reason not to have a regular challenge running at the same time though.

Events can be fun, I'd prefer fun for many. That is, events are fun when the event screen works (it doesn't) and you can redeem prizes (can't). So there is that...

Edited by TheFourthAlly, 19 October 2017 - 01:31 AM.

#30 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 515 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

first off - liking my arctic wolf; not hyped, but think it has some roles in fw.

@lack of TSP-goodies.. meh. would've liked some goodies out of it, but the tsp is good value, so.. meh instead of foaming mouth.
easy opportunity to satisfy customers a bit, easily avoided to annoy people some more. so great..

@mech-challenges.. meh. pretty uninspired. I mean, it's cool to get that stuff while playing without doing something but playing normally, but it just lacks that extra spice you'd wish that it's there. like "pick a warhorn/color/item" for example.
getting damage done, getting cbills for that.. meh.

..thing that bugs me the most - I don't see how they can turn that one into a 'tie'.. and yet...
*still salty about the way luthien was handled*

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 19 October 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#31 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:01 AM

The TSP wasn't sold with any caveats. It didn't say 'each event unless said event is not available to all players,' or 'each event if you catch us not giving an event a bonus and have to remind us,' it was clearly stated, 'each event.'

PGI gained a lot of goodwill, and I suspect a whole lot more Supporter Pack sales, by coming out the gate with awesome bonus prizes for each challenge of an event. Now that sales have naturally tapered off, the bonus prizes (when they exist at all) are simple C-Bill packs with multiple challenges required to get anything at all from being a Supporter. Why is this happening? What could PGI possibly be gaining from angering the people who bought TSPs by being stingy with virtual items? Simply put, if you set a precedent and it isn't bankrupting you, you follow through with it for the entire period.

The worst part about it is, it costs PGI exactly ZERO DOLLARS to keep their word. Not a single sale is negatively impacted because someone owns a Supporter Pack, and it has probably cracked open a few closed wallets to boot. But I can guarantee this behavior is going to be remembered for the sale of next year's TSP.

#32 Carl Hell

• Pip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:22 AM

View PostHarlock69, on 18 October 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Is there any plan for injecting any earned rewards for those of us that STILL cannot use the event browser to see or redeem them?

imho you can claim that in the list of events, not after you open the event...
if you open the list and then check for the line that says "luthien..." then there is a button on the right side that says "claim"

#33 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:35 AM

Too much salt in these reactions, just play Posted Image

#34 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:42 AM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 19 October 2017 - 03:35 AM, said:

Too much salt in these reactions, just play Posted Image

Agreed.

On the upside, this "Event" is for QP.

CW will be "free-er" of QP with Respawn pilots.

:)

#35 Gerwig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:40 AM

I haven't given them money for over a year. There has been no new content in ages and I don't believe anymore is coming. 2017 is close to wrapping up without a new map. That says it all. I will not be spending any money on MW5 either. I learned my lesson with these guys. I enjoy the game from time to time for what it is, a FTP game.

#36 Lavos

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:03 AM

i just wanna know how to redeem these darn events...i completed the 3 Win Mechtoberfest challenge but cant find any way to redeem the reward and time is running out!

the actual webpage with the event stats has no option to redeem, nor does in-game, and its clearly not an auto-inject reward

id LOVE to do at least some of these new Escelation challenges but ive got the entirety of today and thats it for an entire week thanks to a vacation starting friday, so it would be really nice if i could find out how to redeem these darn things

#37 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

I think Matt once mentioned that he doesn't want to add Tournament Supporter Pack bonuses to events which are in one way or another exclusive. I think it was on the last leaderboard event for the IIC heroes.

I would actually be interested if you can complete the standard pack challenges with the (S) variant (eg. the Nova Cat Prime challenge with the NCT-Prime (S)).

#38 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

To make an event for mech pack owners only, is a quastionable move at best. But to communicate that in a single sentence note, in which u achieve to offend the general public and the wc2017 supporter pack owners is bad.
Noone with some common sense over there at your place?

#39 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

View PostJames Argent, on 19 October 2017 - 03:01 AM, said:

...and it has probably cracked open a few closed wallets to boot. But I can guarantee this behavior is going to be remembered for the sale of next year's TSP.

Yeah, I'm one of those. I don't buy PGI crap anymore for the most part, but the "screw it, it's ten bucks" hit me one day and I figured why not...more as a middle finger to Harmony Gold than an attaboy for PGI.

I keep thinking about how that's a bad way to make decisions about money but I've bought the damn thing and I'd like to get some use out of it. The +10% is nice so there's that, but it disappears soon enough and you're right, I'll remember how this worked out next year when they hit us up for TSP cash again. I liked the initial boost, the first few extra rewards, but then they went full PGI. It's to be expected, but it's still disappointing to watch.

#40 Zoose

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:48 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 October 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

However, I definitely think it would have helped for PGI to provide some kind of incentive to be 'cannon fodder' for the madness of others. Why? People don't like to be 'clubbed seals' against something new to them unless they're getting some Hazard Pay for doing so. It's unfortunately the 'General Human Condition' we all know... and some even hate. Posted Image

IS loyalists have been clubbed seals for years now DV that was the point we tried to indicate over a month ago....Unfortunately, you have to become the change you want around here...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users