Civil War: Escalation Mech Pack Challenges!

103 replies to this topic

#61 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 October 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

NOTE: Due to the event already being exclusive to mech pack owners there are no additional rewards for tournament supporter pack owners.

There is literally no connection between being a MechPack owner and a tournament supporter. None at all.

#62 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

Ok, so some of you have me rethinking my position on the Mech pack owners getting additional rewards if they are also Tournament Supporter Pack owners.

On one hand, part of me was concerned that it would be perceived negatively as double exclusivity.
This thread certainly indicates how some people feel when they are being left out of the opportunity to earn prizes.

However, we did say "all" events.

Sigh.... FINE... you win. :)
Extra Prizes for 'everyone' ( who owns the mech pack AND the TSP)
Details to follow.
If I remember correctly I didn't grant extra TSP prizes for the Clan Heroes Release Challenge either.

Now if you don't mind I am trying to make a fun more inclusive event...

Matt

#63 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for listening.

#64 Bastionk

• Pip
  • Sergeant II
  • Sergeant II
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

I've read the first two pages of this thread and I feel as though we're missing something here. Don't any of you play this game because you enjoy it anymore? Do you really need an event to get you to play it? If the answer is yes, I don't think you're playing the game for the right reasons.

Don't think I don't understand that events are meant to stir up player activity, I really do. It's just, it seems silly to me that you need this incentive just to play the game.

Also, I'm gonna echo what I said back in the Tournament Supporter thread back when they first released it this year. I bought that because I want to support the tournament participants, the perks from events wasn't even something I was aware of at the time I picked it up. I was aware of the 10% C-Bill bonus, which is pretty huge btw for the price, so all of you complaining about not getting MORE free stuff, I dunno, stfu?... No I suppose you won't.

#65 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

YAY we win......

I like them words

#66 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

Matt

0.5 second cooldown on PPCs!

#67 RolandDT

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostBastionk, on 19 October 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

I've read the first two pages of this thread and I feel as though we're missing something here. Don't any of you play this game because you enjoy it anymore? Do you really need an event to get you to play it? If the answer is yes, I don't think you're playing the game for the right reasons.

I, for one, play this game regularly (two nights a week, which is all the free time I have for gaming) because I enjoy it. I enjoy taking out my various different mechs (even though I have way more than I could ever use, and still keep foolishly buying mech packs because "they look cool"). I enjoy dabbling in FW as a casual. I enjoy the events, the rewards, and just having fun in the game. It's specifically because of that enjoyment I started posting, after years of silence: because I enjoy it, and I care.

Also, I'm gonna echo what I said back in the Tournament Supporter thread back when they first released it this year. I bought that because I want to support the tournament participants, the perks from events wasn't even something I was aware of at the time I picked it up. I was aware of the 10% C-Bill bonus, which is pretty huge btw for the price, so all of you complaining about not getting MORE free stuff, I dunno, stfu?... No I suppose you won't.

I agree with you, right up until your last two sentences. Some of us were sold on the TSP specifically for the added bonuses, and not just the cosmetic content. Taking that away from us when we spent real money to earn that is wrong. I understand what Matt was trying to do, but that doesn't make it right. Mistakes happen - we're all human. It's not wrong to point that out - civilly and constructively.

Edit:

Ok, so some of you have me rethinking my position on the Mech pack owners getting additional rewards if they are also Tournament Supporter Pack owners.

On one hand, part of me was concerned that it would be perceived negatively as double exclusivity.
This thread certainly indicates how some people feel when they are being left out of the opportunity to earn prizes.

However, we did say "all" events.

Sigh.... FINE... you win. Posted Image
Extra Prizes for 'everyone' ( who owns the mech pack AND the TSP)
Details to follow.
If I remember correctly I didn't grant extra TSP prizes for the Clan Heroes Release Challenge either.

Matt

I appreciate what you were trying to accomplish: your heart was in the right place. I appreciate even more listening to your community, responding, and creating a solution to a problem. Seriously, extra kudos to you for all that. Please, keep it up - it means a great deal, at least to some of us.

Edited by RolandDT, 19 October 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#68 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

Matt,

Thank you for keeping us informed and doing your best to create events for all.

As you stated QP & FW events cannot currently be joined together. Is this something the team is working on? As a member of a team who nearly exclusively play FW we see dry spells every time a QP only event hits. Where so many have left the mode that we are waiting longer or ghost dropping far more often.

If you guys could make this portion a priority, or start doing events in both modes with just different goal in each mode so people feel the urge to play both, or play the mode they prefer it would be wonderful!

Thank you again for keeping the community in the loop, and I look forward to hearing that any mode events will be implemented in the near future!

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Ack! I should have been more clear!

Civil War: Event
  • This is to replace the Leaderboard event that is standard!
  • It's better than a leaderboard in my opinion because everyone who bought gets the same stuff not just the top players.
  • The reason I chose to run it all month was for players who bought all packs! (or can't play all the time)
  • I will never give tournament supporter pack bonus' on an event that is Mech pack exclusive! IT"S BAD
  • Some players buy TSP but no mech pack is excluded
  • Players who buy Mech Pack but no TSP is excluded
  • the event is already exclusive no need to add another layer to that. Posted Image
As for the specific get X damage design,
  • I wanted players to use each new chassis to get the reward! Damage is good metric because that is what you primarily do in the game. (well, some of you Posted Image )
  • I could do Minimum match score and require X matches but I felt damage was better as you could complete it faster if you have a good match I bet some of you could do each variant in 1 match each.
  • at this moment I am thanking my lucky stars I didn't base if of Matchscore! aren't you?
OK? Glad I cleared that up

Next!

Event Window vs Website
  • THE REDEEM BUTTON IS LIVE ON THE WEBSITE - If you have issues with the ingame browser we have full functionality on the website NOW!
  • WOOHOO!
  • Sorry for those that had to wait!
  • If you played and achieved a reward but somehow missed out on that reward somehow please contact support!
  • Be nice to support they are good people and are here to help you!
FINALLY,

THere are more EVENTS COMING SOON for everyone! With TSP Bonus'!
  • I want to run an IS vs IS event and a Clan VS Clan but I am still working on the details to improve on the last faction play event! With Extra Rewards for TSP owners
  • The Halloween Lootbag event (Where you could win the new cockpit items in the patch!)
  • With extra redeems for pack and TSP owners
  • Currently, there isn't a way for me to have an event that is both counted FP and QP in the current system.
  • I have a list of improvements for the Event system and we will see what we can do to keep improving things!
Last but not least
  • Exciting new content coming to the TSP!
  • The Tournament Supporter Pack - The Pack that just keeps giving!
SIDE NOTE:
  • Keep the feedback coming I am listening and hearing you!
  • I really value well thought out constructive feedback.
  • Even when I don't get to respond to each and every concern I do hear them. (from Tina and Support and Twitter and PM's and NGNG and Russ and QA)
  • please keep in mind sometimes we have technical or time constraints.
Thanks!
Matt

#69 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

Good call. Thanks for listening to our concerns.

YOU win, too! Respect +1.

Edited by Appogee, 19 October 2017 - 01:46 PM.

#70 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

@ Matt Newman

What do you think about finding a way for players who purchased reinforcement omni-mechs to have access to duplicates of the reinforcement omni-pods?

Its very limiting to only have one of each arm on the Nova Cat with a ballistic slot.

How about making omni-pod sets a reward for the reinforcement challenges?

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 19 October 2017 - 01:42 PM.

#71 FrigginWaffle

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

For the event, I'm having an issue:

I sold all my 'prime' variants of the mechs that have a special camo variant. Now, for the event rewards, f.e. the Nova Cat Prime damage doesn't count when you play a Nova Cat Prime (S). Is it supposed to happen like this? Am I screwed for 10million c-bills now or will this be adjusted?

#72 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

The way I look at it is. Everybody who post on the forums and expresses themselves cares about the game.
We have amazingly passionate players who love for Battletech and MechWarrior and it is a core part of their being.
I have co-workers here who are the same way.
For me, the very first PC I bought was a Pentium 133 with a Matrox Mystique Video card.
The video card happened to include a copy of MechWarrior 2.
I played it so much my first serious girlfriend broke up with me. (True story Bro)

Now, all that love may manifest itself in Black Knighting or White Knighting or Grey Knighting (is that a thing?) but it is all sides of the same coin. That coin is a deep care and desire for MWO to be the best it possibly can be.

Also, Beer... Beer helps.

P.S.
Don't take this as "it's ok to be a black knight" post. We should all strive to make this game as enjoyable for each other as possible. Terms of Service and Code of Conduct still apply. Don't TK and Don't try to ruin other peoples fun.

Well Matt, I think that's where players don't see eye to eye, in particular with balance changes and sweeping nerfs or changes that really don't fix the skill disparity that exists. Personally I tend to be on the side of the try hard type of player, but I am also a realist who understands that it's hard to change balance when you have weapons with such drastic methods of effectiveness. Balance and usefulness of each weapon has been an issue for the 30+ years that BattleTech and MechWarrior have existed. I wish your colleagues would understand this, because it would go a long way to actually making the game fun for everyone.

My experience with this game drove me to alcoholism because of how inept most players are, and I am not even that good myself, tbh.

Edited by Drunk Canuck, 19 October 2017 - 02:26 PM.

#73 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

Don't any of you play this game because you enjoy it anymore? Do you really need an event to get you to play it? If the answer is yes, I don't think you're playing the game for the right reasons.

You have your reasons, I have mine. It depresses me to no end that this is all I do and that it's the steaming heap that it is...so yeah, I need little reasons to care. You really get off on the ten thousandth run of this game? Go for it. The rest of us play Pokemech and hold some vague hope that it'll be interesting two or three times a year. That's it. Events tend to be the times it's interesting, so people show up for them.

What, there's not better out there so we should STFU? Just because my abusive ex-wife only hit me with her fists didn't mean I was happy she wasn't using the knife she threatened me with. It didn't mean I don't remember when we used to be happy and enjoy spending time together.

This game is an abusive ex. You really do remember good times. You want to think well of it. Heck, now and then you spend money on it and then curse yourself for a fool...and you keep coming back because it's familiar and family.

Maybe we'd be happier someplace else, but this is the place I AM and it gets real old being told that my reasons aren't the right ones.

#74 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

For me, the very first PC I bought was a Pentium 133 with a Matrox Mystique Video card.
The video card happened to include a copy of MechWarrior 2.

Exactly how I was able to play my first Mechwarrior title. Mine was the card upgrade bundle though. I did own the original title. But I could not play it because it required VGA graphics, and my system at the time had EGA graphics.

#75 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostFrigginWaffle, on 19 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

I sold all my 'prime' variants of the mechs that have a special camo variant. Now, for the event rewards, f.e. the Nova Cat Prime damage doesn't count when you play a Nova Cat Prime (S). Is it supposed to happen like this? Am I screwed for 10million c-bills now or will this be adjusted?

You sold them, you didn't have to sell them, but you did sell them. You didn't get screwed out of anything, you got cbills for selling them. What needs to be adjusted? There's even a 'are you sure this is a permanent thing' warning before you sell a mech.

#76 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

Hey Matt! Thanks for the update : - )

If I buy myself more copies of the supporter packs, do I get more copies of the new warhorns?

How've ya been man? I've been shoveling money you guys way to fed my addiction lately ; - 0 ...and gray and white knighting all this time...What's another thirty bucks if you can hook a bro up? It'll help you guys feed some maple syrup addictions!

8 D

Edit: DOH Nevermind! I sent support asking and they said they'd inject them, just bough and added three! Support is the best!!

: - )

Edited by Orbit Rain, 19 October 2017 - 03:47 PM.

#77 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:46 PM

can it be? is it true?
2 community initiated changes from PGI in a week

#78 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

OK so...

Limited challenges - sure, why not.
Got for 2 weeks, sure, why not.

Why are the Dazzle Camo's locked to Collectors only?
If I didn't think Collectors was a good enough deal before, having to buy it + do specific challenges to get extra camo certainly isn't worth it.
It's just irritating.

#79 vidjahgames

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

Thanks, Matt.

#80 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostFrigginWaffle, on 19 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yeah I have the same issue.

Had I known the event would have requiered the non Special variant, I would’ve kept it.
Lack of timely information :/

Although I don’t see why there’s a actual difference between these two « variants » ??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users