Civil War: Escalation Mech Pack Challenges!

103 replies to this topic

#81 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

I want to run an IS vs IS event

If this will be Civil War, please don't do it as Steiner vs Davion. If it is possible, please do it as opt in (for any IS faction?) for Victor or for Katherine, regardless of faction.

#82 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

The (S) version can't count for both because you can't designate 'I want THIS damage to count for my Collector's Pack event, and this OTHER damage to count for my Regular Pack event.

#83 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Matt

Thanks for clarifying some of this. It's good to know feedback is getting, you know, fed back. :)

So far I tried to redeem one item via the website function, because the in-game one is still empty for me. Website says I redeemed, but I have not seen anything in game as of yet. (Nightstar Collecter's one, a pattern I think?)

I'll email support if it doesn't show up by tomorrow. I have to do that anyway, as I think I may have missed out on something in the ballistic challenge one. Although back then you couldn't track your progress, so it's hard to be certain.

And of course I'm not going to take out any frustrations with various bits of this game on poor front line staff.

#84 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

@ Matt Newman
I would really like the ability to buy hero / champion / special etc omni pods, if you own the variant chassis. I will pay MC for it, but I do not need another mech, I just need multiple Cougar-H Heads to make them all sneaky. Yes it's a bit of power creep, but I could buy 5 for MC, keep the pods then trash them, would be the same effect, just way more costly and wasteful. Omni-pods at 1/8 of the MC cost of the mech would be perfect. I will still buy the heroes etc. for the CB boost, but the musical pods is not a fun game, and you guys could be making more money :) Buying multiple of the same hero omnipod at MC value will come close to buying another special one.

Thanks for the changes and the events, didn't buy these packs, but great as always to see you take to heart the feedback from the community, even if they sometimes behave like spoilt toddlers :)

#85 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 20 October 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

behave like spoilt toddlers Posted Image

Sweet new British word I learned today.. Thanks ;)

#86 thearticulategrunt

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

So seriously, is there no rewards, no nothing for players who did not buy into these packs for some reason. Well that is one way to not encourage people to play the game I guess. (But there is stuff/events coming up for everyone.) So what. You get folks playing who have life hardships or just don't like the mechs coming out for whatever reason. So lets exclude them, do nothing for the general populace who fills out the ranks making the game playable? So would it be laziness of just not wanting to punch up the code for those not buying the mech packs or a lack of thought involving the fans as they were just not thought about?

#87 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

View Postthearticulategrunt, on 20 October 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

So seriously, is there no rewards, no nothing for players who did not buy into these packs for some reason. Well that is one way to not encourage people to play the game I guess. (But there is stuff/events coming up for everyone.) So what. You get folks playing who have life hardships or just don't like the mechs coming out for whatever reason. So lets exclude them, do nothing for the general populace who fills out the ranks making the game playable? So would it be laziness of just not wanting to punch up the code for those not buying the mech packs or a lack of thought involving the fans as they were just not thought about?

I think PGI are well within their rights to reserve additional rewards for only those who actually spend money on their product.

I think it's remarkable that anyone who spent nothing on the product, yet still get to use it for free, can then complain about not receiving additional perks.

#88 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:16 AM

PGI is the only free-to-play game that has a decent following that I can think of that doesn't offer daily/weekly rewards, just for logging in and playing. It would be so easy for PGI to do this, but it seems like either laziness, incompetence, or general disregard for whether the player base is active or not.

Literally every other free-to-play game that I've encountered on various platforms has daily/weekly rewards of some sort. It's nice that PGI does events and gives out free stuff. However, that does NOT detract from the complaints people are making about how there is no incentive to play.

If there is an event, if there were daily rewards, I (and I assume other players) would consistently log in and play a game that we've already spent money on, which in turn would increase player satisfaction overall. I think the people complaining about people "complaining" about PGI 1) messing up events and 2) not doing events, are missing the point.

We are complaining because PGI seems to disregard practices that have/are becoming industry standards for free-to-play games. So people go play other games, which in turn detracts from the player experience in MWO by reducing the player pool.

How easy would it be to have daily log-in bonuses and cbill boosts to the first 3 matches played each day or something? Or to give a reward for completing X number of matches for a week in QP or FW? Or consistent weekend events so people log in every weekend?

Nah, PGI seemingly would rather just do events that break in some way, or excludes a portion of the player pool in some way. PGI may be well within their rights to exclude players from particular rewards, but doing so reduces player population and play time, because players (me) will go play other games till the next event.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 20 October 2017 - 10:17 AM.

#89 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

One small problem.

I STILL CAN'T REDEEM REWARDS

Please fix the in game event system.

Or at least give me some mc to make up for all the rewards I didn't receive from previous events.

#90 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 19 October 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

The (S) version can't count for both because you can't designate 'I want THIS damage to count for my Collector's Pack event, and this OTHER damage to count for my Regular Pack event.

There's no reason for it to work that way. Just add make special variant damage count for the normal variant as well. There's absolutely no reason to split them off this way besides forcing me to waste time and resources on a mech I was going to sell anyway.

#91 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

They can't have you get credit for the same damage twice.

#92 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 22 October 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

They can't have you get credit for the same damage twice.

Why not, exactly? Previous events have had damage performed in specific weight classes also count towards an overall damage goal. Why would this be any different?

#93 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:12 AM

Because there is no 'overall damage goal,' it's a goal for a specific mech variant, which is not the same variant as the mech you sold even though it has the same hardpoint configuration. You're asking to be rewarded for doing less total damage than everyone else has to do just because you were...shall we say, 'eager' enough, to sell off a mech that you knew had an event of some kind coming for it.

I fully support you and other 'eager' people to have your sold-off mechs restored by customer service if you:
A. submit a ticket
B. have sufficent C-Bills to refund them to PGI in exchange
and C. have an open mechbay.

And then you can do the event normally if there's time. But no way should you get rewarded for being so completely 'eager' in a way that makes your abject 'eagerness' the most efficient way to play an event.

#94 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

All finished, thx again for the free stuff!

#95 jarien13

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:00 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 19 October 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

You need the Standard version to complete the standard versions of the Challenge.
The (S) will only count for the Collectors Challenge.

Can I get an answer from a Dev as to why this is the case, instead of the special variant counting for both?

#96 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

View Postjarien13, on 29 October 2017 - 01:00 AM, said:

Can I get an answer from a Dev as to why this is the case, instead of the special variant counting for both?

Why would the (S) variant count for both, when they know you will have the regular version anyway?

Plus, it's an extra 1,000 damage, so that's 1-5 matches, no more than an hour of gameplay per chassis, over 2 weeks.

#97 jarien13

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 29 October 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

Why would the (S) variant count for both, when they know you will have the regular version anyway?

Plus, it's an extra 1,000 damage, so that's 1-5 matches, no more than an hour of gameplay per chassis, over 2 weeks.

Huh, that's funny, coulda sworn I asked for a response from a Dev, not another player.

Some people don't buy the collector pack to have 2 versions of the same mech, some of us buy it because we want the cbill bonus, not to run/skill 2 copies of the same thing. But, the way the event is written, if I want the (otherwise easy) reward of 3mil cbills, I have to run a mech I had no intention of spending time, xp, cbill, and sp on when I already have one that I can run and get a cbill boost on. Yeah, I sold the non-special variants as soon as the pack dropped, as I have done with every pre-order mechpak I have ever bought, and no, they never (to my recollection) had an event before that required you to NOT do that in order to fully benefit from the expected new mech event.

So, again, I am simply asking for a reply, from a Dev (you there Matt?), as to why this is the case for this event.

#98 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

Ask in one hand...Matt has way more important things going on right now than answering your summons.

Look, you shouldn't have been in such a rush to sell it off before you knew the details of its release event. No matter what you may think, it's not the same variant. It has never been, because it doesn't matter that it has identical hardpoints, it's a special version. So take your C-Bill version and go earn the extra C-Bills to replace those from the event in which you declined to participate.

#99 jarien13

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

I'm not "summoning" anyone, nor am I demanding an answer, nor whining, as the tone of your post seems to want to imply. As for your "...declined to participate." comment, go pound sand, that has nothing to do with my query.

I'm simply asking for clarification of the parameters of an event, specifically the reason why a special variant counts different than a standard variant, which has not been the case in the past, within the thread of the event posting. As for the special vs standard differentiation, why is a cbill-bonus special different from a standard, when, based upon PGI's own stat tracking, the Champion variant (xp-bonus) is counted as the same as the base variant. Don't come in here insisting a cbill variant isn't the same as a standard when they've already set the precedent regarding the champion variants.

Edited by jarien13, 29 October 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#100 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Umm, insisting that only a Dev can answer your question then calling one by his name is summoning him.

And you already have your answer...C-Bill variants are indeed different from the standard variant both because the event treats them differently and because Matt already said they do...you quoted him saying exactly that. The reason is because this particular event has challenges for each mech you purchased. You didn't receive the C-Bill mech in the basic pack, so there's no way it could possibly count toward the basic pack challenge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users