Hot-Fix Scheduled For 19-Oct-2017

47 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, October 19th at 4:00 PM PDT (11 PM UTC), to address the following fixes:

• End of Round Match Score value bug introduced with the October patch has been fixed.
• Clan Medium Pulse Laser Cooldown has been restored to 3.

Fixes for lower-priority issues introduced in the October patch, such as a fix for uppercase/lowercase inconsistency with the new Hero 'Mech identification convention in the Targeting HUD, are planned to arrive in our November patch.

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Yeah dat cmpl nerf...

#3 Password1234

• PipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

Just out of curiosity, why would the match scores been affected by the changes that were done. From an outside perspective there was no reason for that....

#4 Killer Kellaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 243 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGrand Junction, CO

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

I would like to know why the supporter pack is not getting a bonus reward this time. thought you said that we would get extra rewards in ALL events......

And I think it unfair that people that did not buy certain mechs cannot participate in the current event......... I am fine as I picked up some of the mechs. But many in my Unit have not and are a bit discouraged. Do you have another event coming out soon for everyone.?.?

#5 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

thats explain few things lol

#6 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

View PostKellaine, on 19 October 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

I would like to know why the supporter pack is not getting a bonus reward this time. thought you said that we would get extra rewards in ALL events......

And I think it unfair that people that did not buy certain mechs cannot participate in the current event......... I am fine as I picked up some of the mechs. But many in my Unit have not and are a bit discouraged. Do you have another event coming out soon for everyone.?.?

Hmm, thats about what I was thinking. I mean honestly I dont mind not being able to partake in the event bc I didnt buy any new shinys.

But a different side of the same coin, ya'll remember the Hunt the Huntsman event for the folks that didnt shell out? I do, and it was a blasty blast. Can we please do that kinda gig for the next mech to drop? It'd give people that didnt pick up that new shiny a chance for some extra c-bills or whatever they pick as the prize, as opposed to just sittin on the sidelines twiddling their thumbs saying "Well Dave, what now?"

And to echo the above (not salty, just an observation) when the tourney support came out, it did say ALL events after its release, and yet here we are looking at the event page and this event isn't included....

As I previously stated I didnt pick up any of the escalation mechs, so this isnt about what I'm not getting, it's for the folks that bought the tourney support AND any of the escaltion mechs. Those floks already shelled out their money, why all of a sudden is PGI chaning its mind.

Give the fine folks that support this rather tiny company what they have paid for.

#PGIplz

o7

#7 FrigginWaffle

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

For the event, I'm having an issue:

I sold all my 'prime' variants of the mechs that have a special camo variant. Now, for the event rewards, f.e. the Nova Cat Prime damage doesn't count when you play a Nova Cat Prime (S). Is it supposed to happen like this? Am I screwed for 10million c-bills now or will this be adjusted?

#8 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:35 PM

The event replaces the mech leaderboard, which was exclusive not only to new mech buyers, but to just the top players. This lets every player who bought the new mech get a reward for simply playing them.

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Matt has (commendably) changed his mind on this. Those with Civil War Packs and TSPs will get additional rewards now.

#10 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

It makes sense that those who purchased something, should get something...

As for the others who didn't purchase anything : Bought nothing, got nothing, lost nothing.

It feels weird because it's the first time a Leaderboard Event is done this way (with no side dish event), but you know... Halloween coming and all ^^

#11 Killer Kellaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 243 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGrand Junction, CO

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 October 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

It makes sense that those who purchased something, should get something...

As for the others who didn't purchase anything : Bought nothing, got nothing, lost nothing.

It feels weird because it's the first time a Leaderboard Event is done this way (with no side dish event), but you know... Halloween coming and all ^^

I have to Disagree with you on this. Even when we had Leader boards there was at least a small event for everyone....

I am simply stating my opinion, But I think it is a mistake to not have one.

#12 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Not a single patch without an immediately needed hot-fix. At least PGI is consistent in that...

#13 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

View Postshameless, on 19 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Not a single patch without an immediately needed hot-fix. At least PGI is consistent in that...

...even when they delay the release of the patch

#14 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostPassword1234, on 19 October 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, why would the match scores been affected by the changes that were done. From an outside perspective there was no reason for that....

The complete list of changes in a given patch is usually going to be more than just what goes on the patch notes. For example, a 5 second rampdown delay timer was added to flamers this patch, but that wasn't listed in the patch notes.

It could have been caused by some unlisted change that is only listed in PGI's internal changelog. For example, maybe they were messing with matchscore formula and accidentally deleted something they shouldn't have.

Edited by Jman5, 19 October 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#15 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

<*looks at all the above posts...*>

Geez, let alone all this arguing about off-topic things... I would just like to know where the Patch Download Link that was supposed to be posted has run off to??? My ISP screws with downloads that are not done through the browser. Do I have to go track it down again and post it up myself for anyone needing to do it with their browser? :huh:

~D. V. "I'm stuck twiddling my thumbs here, unless I get impatient..." Devnull

#16 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

Hot Fix appears to have broken Damage registering. From what i cant tell mechs are still doing damage but scores ar enot being updated to match. Posted video of bug in this thread.

https://mwomercs.com...amage-register/

#17 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostJman5, on 19 October 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

For example, a 5 second rampdown delay timer was added to flamers this patch, but that wasn't listed in the patch notes.

What now? I can't find anything else on the forums about this. Could you point me to something specific?

#18 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 19 October 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

What now? I can't find anything else on the forums about this. Could you point me to something specific?

Posted Image

Basically, it now seems to always take 5 seconds before the bar starts ticking down after you fire your flamers. I'm not very experienced with the flamer, but I believe the delay was more variable before.

Edited by Jman5, 19 October 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#19 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

And what was it before, exactly? Heck, since I don't sue flamers very often, what is the effect of this?

#20 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 19 October 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

And what was it before, exactly? Heck, since I don't sue flamers very often, what is the effect of this?

Ah I edited my comment too late. I'm not very experienced with flamers either, but I believe from looking at some recent videos of people using them that it was variable depending on where on the bar you stopped firing. From what I could tell it was over 6 seconds once your bar went red, but under 5 seconds before. Now it seems everything is a flat 5 seconds.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Jman5, 19 October 2017 - 07:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users