nice one

#3 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

Good stuff Matt! Thanks for the free stuff and incentive to log in. I also appreciate the "next up [insert event]" post so there's something else to look forward to.

I would like to suggest daily events, just even if it is 50-100k cbills for the first 3-5 matches people play each day, whether it's QP or FP, to entice people to log in every day and play. I don't know if that's possible through the current system, or if PGI in general would approve.

Tele

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 20 October 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#4 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

Looks like a good challenge to work on while I am skilling up my Nightstars. Curious why you used a pre-rework screenshot of a Nightstar?

Edited by Ed Steele, 20 October 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#5 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Thanks PGI. Just one problem. Why is the rum all gorn? QQ

#6 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 20 October 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Thanks PGI. Just one problem. Why is the rum all gorn? QQ

Well with the previous post you made in a different topic, I'd imagine you may have drank it all. =P

#7 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 20 October 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Looks like a good challenge to work on while I am skilling up my Nightstars. Curious why you used a pre-rework screenshot of a Nightstar?

I haven't had a chance to get back in the game for screenshots since the arm animations changed.
I usually take about 100 screens of each mech before release and use the good ones for marketing and event images the rest of the month.
While the arms aren't straight I really like this shot.

#8 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

Can the objectives that don't state QP be completed in FP?

#9 Tyrsen

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

Thanks PGI ppl, event is very much appreciated and nicely balanced against the other one. Looking forward to facing off against Escalation owners, and already super-excited about next week's event!

#10 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 October 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

I haven't had a chance to get back in the game for screenshots since the arm animations changed.
I usually take about 100 screens of each mech before release and use the good ones for marketing and event images the rest of the month.
While the arms aren't straight I really like this shot.

Thanks for the reply.

#11 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

Fair enough Matt, I cant blame you. :)

Hope next week is the Halloween event, saw the new Gravestone warhorn in the patch notes, wonder what it sounds like..

#12 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Thank you for the event! It's simple but it gets people out on the weekend to fight.
Next mech sale is.... soon?

#13 Krakka Dakka Kobold

Rookie

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

Nice, another good event. Let's hope all the salty folks who didn't buy a mech pack don't choke on their own foot, ya?
Happy hunting, mechwarriors. Posted Image

#14 Pocket_Aces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

Hey PGI

Some players start their weekend early, cant we make it so that it starts on your Friday, which would be my Saturday, and finish on your Sunday which would be my Monday?

#15 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Thanks Matt for adding an event for all of us, in addition to the Escalation Events.

Another good move ... appreciated!

#16 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostTahawus, on 20 October 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

"Complete the Challenges in Quick Play to earn the reward. "

I would say there is room for confusion with the way the challenges are worded, but given that it says this I doubt it involves FP.

I just logged in, and the challenges in-game say quick play :D

#17 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

Not even one page, and I'm already doing massive catch-up... wow!

View PostTahawus, on 20 October 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Neg, Freebirth. Have you looked at the Event Roster on the In-Game display? This Event is "Quick Play"-Only. I guess I get to be the one apologizing to you for PGI having NOT done the coding to allow ALL Game Modes. I am beginning to wonder if I would make a great preventer of Public Relations nightmares, if PGI were to listen better to me for that kind of thing... but I suspect I will NEVER know. :(

I haven't had a chance to get back in the game

Man, they should let you out on the battlefield at least once a week, preferably more! (I have been unable to find you on the battlefield, and I think that sucks!) That way you can repeatedly get inspiration for Events, but without muting your ability to have a grip on the state of the MWO Community. Which, by the way, that brings me to these next posts. Please keep reading below...

View PostFireStoat, on 20 October 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Thank you for the event! It's simple but it gets people out on the weekend to fight.

Close... PGI did NOT calculate properly however for many of the other Time Zones and their real weekend periods. This seems too heavily arranged for the British Weekend Morning and GMT Time Zone. As noted by my reply to the following post from this person here...

View PostMatesRates, on 20 October 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Hey PGI

Some players start their weekend early, cant we make it so that it starts on your Friday, which would be my Saturday, and finish on your Sunday which would be my Monday?

You sir(or madam?), I would agree with, at least somewhat. Right now, this Event is set up for a 3-Day Run. I would suggest that PGI lengthen the running time upward by 1 day (to 4 days minimum, albeit adding 2 days for 5 total would be preferable), in order to compensate for the fact that there will be some people who are unable to actually get in reasonable time directly on the weekend itself. I personally think that this Event should have began at least 24 hours earlier than it happens to be set for, and should end 24 hours later than it happens to be configured to do. This, admittedly, is a problem affecting myself, and I would really like to have the chance to complete this Event, even if it must overlap with the next one. Right now, the only reason I'm awake to post this is because of a sleep cycle that has been knocked into an unstable state. :unsure:

With the end of my thoughts on time for the Event, I am then brought to here...

View PostSergalMagiks, on 20 October 2017 - 08:36 PM, said:

Nice, another good event. Let's hope all the salty folks who didn't buy a mech pack don't choke on their own foot, ya?
Happy hunting, mechwarriors. Posted Image

Man... You make me laugh. My foot isn't making me choke. What makes me choke is the Real Life Collisions that PGI doesn't foresee on Event Time Allowances. Please, read back above in this post, starting with my reply to Matt Newman of the PGI Staff. ;)

Then came this post...

View PostAppogee, on 20 October 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Thanks Matt for adding an event for all of us, in addition to the Escalation Events.

Another good move ... appreciated!

I second this. I do appreciate having something nice to put effort into earning, and there is usually at least one Mech in my MechBays that is dancing around when a WarHorn is given. Thankfully, it does NOT happen to always be the UrbanMechs that haunt at least 2 of my Bays. :D

~Mr. D. V. "Heading for the BattleField... The current Event started 15 minutes ago!!!" Devnull

#18 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:50 PM

I haven't had a chance to get back in the game

Hi again, pardon the almost double-post I'm having to do. Also, please pardon my odd choice of quote selection in triggering a notification. :wacko:

Could you PLEASE check with the people who coded the Event System Framework? I just landed a Killing Blow in a round for "The Hunter" Challenge, but it did NOT score to my Event Tracker. (Sadly, I don't have screenshots because I assumed everything was working perfectly, only to trip on this.) Is it possible that they didn't get things working to allow for an "either" condition on Kills/KMDD, preventing that challenge from working properly??? Everything else from that single match which would apply has scored in, so I know some elements of the Event's Tracking are at least functional, but that one seems broken. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Already finding part of my efforts failing to count... Help, Please?!?!?" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought... Sorry!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 20 October 2017 - 11:51 PM.

#19 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:40 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 October 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Hi again, pardon the almost double-post I'm having to do. Also, please pardon my odd choice of quote selection in triggering a notification. Posted Image

Could you PLEASE check with the people who coded the Event System Framework? I just landed a Killing Blow in a round for "The Hunter" Challenge, but it did NOT score to my Event Tracker. (Sadly, I don't have screenshots because I assumed everything was working perfectly, only to trip on this.) Is it possible that they didn't get things working to allow for an "either" condition on Kills/KMDD, preventing that challenge from working properly??? Everything else from that single match which would apply has scored in, so I know some elements of the Event's Tracking are at least functional, but that one seems broken. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Already finding part of my efforts failing to count... Help, Please?!?!?" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought... Sorry!]

I am experiencing the same issue you presented.

#20 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

Thanks for this nice event. Hardest part: Complete 10 matches. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users