Weekend Warrior Personal Challenge Event

139 replies to this topic

#21 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:59 AM

FORK! Easy goals and me with a busted graphics card...

#22 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

AUGH!!! Catching up again!!!

View PostMortallyTransparentCupcake, on 21 October 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 October 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostMatt Newman, on 20 October 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

I haven't had a chance to get back in the game

Hi again, pardon the almost double-post I'm having to do. Also, please pardon my odd choice of quote selection in triggering a notification. Posted Image

Could you PLEASE check with the people who coded the Event System Framework? I just landed a Killing Blow in a round for "The Hunter" Challenge, but it did NOT score to my Event Tracker. (Sadly, I don't have screenshots because I assumed everything was working perfectly, only to trip on this.) Is it possible that they didn't get things working to allow for an "either" condition on Kills/KMDD, preventing that challenge from working properly??? Everything else from that single match which would apply has scored in, so I know some elements of the Event's Tracking are at least functional, but that one seems broken. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Already finding part of my efforts failing to count... Help, Please?!?!?" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought... Sorry!]

I am experiencing the same issue you presented.

UPDATE: To anyone experiencing this issue, I have discovered that the "Kill Most Damage Dealt" for "The Hunter" Challenge is functional and WILL score to the Event's Tracking. However, the "Killing Blow" part is still NOT counting. I hope PGI can get a fix on this, although I think they will have to extend the Event a little for the frustration caused. :huh:

View PostPFC Carsten, on 21 October 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

Thanks for this nice event. Hardest part: Complete 10 matches. Posted Image

No, hardest part is "The Lone Wolf", which states "Earn 3 Solo Kills"... It's hard enough to get 1 in a 3-Day Event, what with all the "Glory Hogs" out there. Right now, I have none, and I fear I won't be able to get any! :(

View PostBrakkyn, on 21 October 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

FORK! Easy goals and me with a busted graphics card...

Better Luck Next Event... I hope you get that Graphics Card fixed before then. :o

~Mr. D. V. "I hope PGI's offices are not empty on the weekend!" Devnull

#23 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:40 AM

After claiming the first win of the day reward, got not only 3 days of premium time, but also 195 GXP and around 350k c-bills. What was that?

#24 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:41 AM

UPDATE: To anyone experiencing this issue, I have discovered that the "Kill Most Damage Dealt" for "The Hunter" Challenge is functional and WILL score to the Event's Tracking. However, the "Killing Blow" part is still NOT counting. I hope PGI can get a fix on this, although I think they will have to extend the Event a little for the frustration caused. Posted Image

this is painful unless you are running an assault, running a light I have 4 kills in one game and get nothing out of it. Fix the dam event or change it.

#25 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 October 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

No, hardest part is "The Lone Wolf", which states "Earn 3 Solo Kills"... It's hard enough to get 1 in a 3-Day Event, what with all the "Glory Hogs" out there. Right now, I have none, and I fear I won't be able to get any! Posted Image
~Mr. D. V. "I hope PGI's offices are not empty on the weekend!" Devnull

Good luck (and pack a high alpha or hunt for stragglers or snipers).

#26 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

Wow no serious grinding, just my kind of event :)

Many thanks PGI !

#27 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:21 AM

Nice, war-horns are always tempting... and the mc !

I must forget what was done to the game this week... I must forget... Posted Image

#28 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:29 AM

There's something off. I had a good fight, with a solo kill. One of my first matches, but none was counted.

#29 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

View PostA Really Old Clan Dude, on 21 October 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

UPDATE: To anyone experiencing this issue, I have discovered that the "Kill Most Damage Dealt" for "The Hunter" Challenge is functional and WILL score to the Event's Tracking. However, the "Killing Blow" part is still NOT counting. I hope PGI can get a fix on this, although I think they will have to extend the Event a little for the frustration caused. Posted Image

this is painful unless you are running an assault, running a light I have 4 kills in one game and get nothing out of it. Fix the dam event or change it.

Hi there... Please maintain proper quote tags when you're quoting me, thanks. Just remove text from between them down to what you're actually responding to. It does help. <_<

That said, I've had the exact same experience as you on the matter of completing "The Hunter". :(

View PostPFC Carsten, on 21 October 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

No, hardest part is "The Lone Wolf", which states "Earn 3 Solo Kills"... It's hard enough to get 1 in a 3-Day Event, what with all the "Glory Hogs" out there. Right now, I have none, and I fear I won't be able to get any! Posted Image

Good luck (and pack a high alpha or hunt for stragglers or snipers).

Agreed... I think I might have found a Mech to do that with. Thanks for the Tip! :D

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 21 October 2017 - 02:09 AM, said:

Wow no serious grinding, just my kind of event Posted Image

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!?!? I've already been having a hell of a grind, thanks to one person who was bent on shoving a load of 'Baby Crying Noise' down the In-Game VoIP!!! Watch out for them... I wish I could name them here, just to help the Community! I've already burned up my minor pittance of Allowed Reports in a 24-hour period because of that person, and need some more to use if needs be. Frankly, even with that person now on my Blocked Player List, I hope I don't have nightmares caused by it! :angry:

View PostTheFourthAlly, on 21 October 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

There's something off. I had a good fight, with a solo kill. One of my first matches, but none was counted.

That's odd... My "The Lone Wolf" Challenge of "Earn 3 Solo Kills" appears to be counting properly here. Are you sure you really landed a Solo Kill on your target? :o

~Mr. D. V. "Non-Constructive VoIP Spam REALLY drives me insane..." Devnull

#30 Telanthar

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

Solo kill is working fine for me, kill or KMDD is only counting KMDD

#31 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 October 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Hi again, pardon the almost double-post I'm having to do. Also, please pardon my odd choice of quote selection in triggering a notification. Posted Image

Could you PLEASE check with the people who coded the Event System Framework? I just landed a Killing Blow in a round for "The Hunter" Challenge, but it did NOT score to my Event Tracker. (Sadly, I don't have screenshots because I assumed everything was working perfectly, only to trip on this.) Is it possible that they didn't get things working to allow for an "either" condition on Kills/KMDD, preventing that challenge from working properly??? Everything else from that single match which would apply has scored in, so I know some elements of the Event's Tracking are at least functional, but that one seems broken. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Already finding part of my efforts failing to count... Help, Please?!?!?" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought... Sorry!]

Same thing here. Challenge says "Earn 15 Kill or Kill Most Damage Dealt" Had a match with 5 kills and only one registered. Jumped me from 8 to 9/15. I am guessing that "15 kill" means killing blow. Is this wrong or a possible bug?

#32 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:31 AM

View PostRushmoar, on 21 October 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

Same thing here. Challenge says "Earn 15 Kill or Kill Most Damage Dealt" Had a match with 5 kills and only one registered. Jumped me from 8 to 9/15. I am guessing that "15 kill" means killing blow. Is this wrong or a possible bug?
Most likely a bug.

#33 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:24 AM

Nice event, thank you :) It's good to have skill-based challenges alongside with those that reward you for simply playing the game - a little bit for everyone :)

#34 Baltor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

View PostA Really Old Clan Dude, on 21 October 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

It's the same for me. Only KMMDs do count for this challenge, Killing Blows do not.

#35 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for the event!

#36 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:10 AM

View PostTelanthar, on 21 October 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

Solo kill is working fine for me, kill or KMDD is only counting KMDD

This^

#37 Dirt Devil1

• PipPipPip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCoquille, OR

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

Same here only KMDD counting

#38 Ukos

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

hopefully pgi will be able to review kill data and award these as I am also seeing multiple kills but no corresponding event record.

#39 Scrap Was So C Bills

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLost in the Web

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

Man, too bad it didn't start last night or I'd have already made a nice amount of progress!

Still, thanks for the event, the rewards sound pretty good and most of the objective seem decent enough for low-skill rookies like myself. I like it!

#40 Baltor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostUkos, on 21 October 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

hopefully pgi will be able to review kill data and award these as I am also seeing multiple kills but no corresponding event record.

Looking back at the earlier events there will probably no reviewing and awarding for things lost due to bugs. And the bug is not so bad that they will extend the event time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users