Trick Or Treat Iii Loot Bag Event

311 replies to this topic

#141 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Great event. I wont comment on wait times or ghost drops because I dont know anything about that.
I prefer get X kills goals etc, but loot bags would haveto work with match score.
And thank you for the reading logged out.

#142 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Phranken pattern is also on sale, so are a bunch of orange colors (and the Phranken colors).
Now we just need some spooky dekkels to be added and I'll be needing to get some more MC.

#143 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

View Postsuffocater, on 26 October 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

We still need a nice sale to fit this event.Posted Image

Well, we got a sale... It's on WarHorns and Halloween Stuff... I bet it wasn't the Sale you were looking for, though. (Pun Intended, by the way...) :P

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 October 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

View PostTordin, on 26 October 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Like increasing loot bag rewards for Faction play, since it takes longer to get a match, not as many play that mode (might change now) as QP etc

I like this Idea! I will see if we can make that change for Stocking Stuffer 2017!

I also like the idea. I hope you can make it happen. :D

On an unrelated-yet-related note... Can you fix the clock for the Events? Right now, their total time is indicating a day short, and between the original announcement (Before you Edited it... I saw what you did there!)...

Original Trick Or Treat III Event said:

This event will run for 12 days, so we hope you'll enjoy the time to earn those Trick or Treat 3 Loot Bags at your own pace!
... and the Podcast (https://soundcloud.com/nogutsnogalaxy/no-guts-no-galaxy-161) with Bombadil, there's supposed to be a total of 12 Days of time allotted to the Event. Or is it just impossible to fix at this point? :(

~D. V. "I can tell they altered the deal further... Not nice..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missing Link.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 26 October 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#144 Rick Windwalker

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Can we get some loot bags for the ridicoulous wait times on diamond shark side?

E.g. for 5mins waiting 1 loot?

Man, what a waste of time....

#145 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

View PostRick Windwalker, on 26 October 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Can we get some loot bags for the ridicoulous wait times on diamond shark side?

E.g. for 5mins waiting 1 loot?

Man, what a waste of time....

5 mins is ridiculous? LOL... oh we're sooo sorry its not insta-drop noodle mode where you merely touch your mouse and earn a free loot bag. When I started 3 hours ago the wait times were around 15 mins to get a match to the point of actually dropping against real opponents. Some players before me were getting repeated ghost drops, even in scouting.

#146 Rick Windwalker

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

Dude, we wait for 10+ mins in scouting.... in invasion we didnt got a match even as 12men...

If you don´t get the bittersweet humor in my words asking for "loot per 5min waiting" i cannot help you...

Edited by Rick Windwalker, 26 October 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#147 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:39 PM

HI pgi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WOLFS TO FIGHT WITH .. WE CANT DO THE EVENT OR EVEN PLAY NORMAL FACTION PLAY ... PLEASE CHANGE IT AND PLEASE STOP LIVING IN A LIE THAT THEY ARE A LOTS OF PLAYERS .. PLEASE FACE REALLTY !!!!

AND PLEASE STOP TEST YOUR NEW THINGS ON US !!!
(never seen a game that every update you get less fun)

NO PLAYERS ON CLAN WOLF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIX THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bios303, 26 October 2017 - 03:06 PM.

#148 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

so no Faction play for 11 days ... tnx pgi
(deleting account) and....
I hate you pgi

Edited by Bios303, 26 October 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#149 Merlin Kell

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

View PostBios303, on 26 October 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

HI pgi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WOLFS TO FIGHT WITH .. WE CANT DO THE EVENT OR EVEN PLAY NORMAL FACTION PLAY ... PLEASE CHANGE IT AND PLEASE STOP LIVING IN A LIE THAT THEY ARE A LOTS OF PLAYERS .. PLEASE FACE REALLTY !!!!

AND PLEASE STOP TEST YOUR NEW THINGS ON US !!!
(never seen a game that every update you get less fun)

NO PLAYERS ON CLAN WOLF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIX THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why are you yelling ....

#150 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

My 15 scouting matches in a row in 3.5 hours of play as a diamond shark on my principal alt account suggests there are in fact a sufficient # of wolf players in the queue. And because I keep seeing a particular player, I'm going to get a tuna sub at subway in a bit.

#151 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:31 PM

CLAN WOLF this is 2 wolf inclusive teamspeaks that I will be on

clanwolfcrusader.enjinvoice.com
and the stranamechty one, i cant remember the password, google it.
Theres also comstar, but that doesnt have faction specific lfg channels
GG divided into too many ts channels and in game still poor system.

to find a group for faster drops.

Dear PGI,
I believe multiple bukkits could have worked had it been timed / implemented better, for example done when Civil war went live , or even the last tukkayid, because THEY WERE ADVERTISED IN ADVANCE AND GOT PEOPLE BACK WHO HAVE GIVEN UP ON YOUR INCOMPENTENCE to try again. I am nearly there.

Why... in what reality did you think

Splitting the playerbase into 13 groups AND ALSO HAVING EVENTS IN QUICKPLAY SIMULTANEOUSLY would work out?
0 Advanced warning/advertising to bring people back
All this is going to do is futher disenfranchise your playerbase by frustrating them futher with long wait times my god, just when I think things are getting better.....
I was expecting this to be 3 clan factions vs 4 clan factions (2 buckets not 7) and 3 IS factions vs 3 IS factions(2 buckets not 6), that you had used INTERNAL DATA to work out what the ACTUAL active FP playerbase is, not the completely inaccurate % of faction playerbase data we get in game......
You could have also done all 7 clan factions together in 1 bucket, mixed groups and how you do counts towards your specific faction......
As much as I have wanted multiple buckkits, not like this.... you seem hellbent on self destruction...... I SUGGEST you cancel this event until you can relaunch it with some of the above.

And you left the Clan Vs IS Queue up for the start of the event ? wow.....

Event rating 2/10

Edited by Cadoazreal, 26 October 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#152 Irrelevant Mirror

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 495 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

20 minutes scouting(!) wait time in the most populated IS conflict Steiner vs Davion. I dont want to say "PGI, bring me players to cw NOW, i dont know how but do it", but you could foresee this, with your statistical data. Try to make them less specific, like "3 factions vs 3 factions", not 1 vs 1.

Edited by Irrelevant Mirror, 26 October 2017 - 03:42 PM.

#153 Merlin Kell

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 26 October 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

CLAN WOLF this is a teamspeak that I will be on clanwolfcrusader.enjinvoice.com to find a group for faster drops.

Dear PGI,
I believe multiple bukkits could have worked had it been timed / implemented better, for example done when Civil war went live , or even the last tukkayid, because THEY WERE ADVERTISED IN ADVANCE AND GOT PEOPLE BACK WHO HAVE GIVEN UP ON YOUR INCOMPENTENCE to try again. I am nearly there.

Why... in what reality did you think

Splitting the playerbase into 13 groups AND ALSO HAVING EVENTS IN QUICKPLAY SIMULTANEOUSLY would work out?
0 Advanced warning/advertising to bring people back
All this is going to do is futher disenfranchise your playerbase by frustrating them futher with long wait times my god, just when I think things are getting better.....
I was expecting this to be 3 clan factions vs 4 clan factions (2 buckets not 7) and 3 IS factions vs 3 IS factions(2 buckets not 6), that you had used INTERNAL DATA to work out what the ACTUAL active FP playerbase is, not the completely inaccurate % of faction playerbase data we get in game......
You could have also done all 7 clan factions together in 1 bucket, mixed groups and how you do counts towards your specific faction......
As much as I have wanted multiple buckkits, not like this.... you seem hellbent on self destruction...... I SUGGEST you cancel this event until you can relaunch it with some of the above.

And you left the Clan Vs IS Queue up for the start of the event ? wow..... 1/10

You should have been in game .. instead of typing that up. we lost the scouting match because you were afk typing this.

#154 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

We are eager to fight!

Bring on the Wolves!

...seriously, bring on the Wolves, we really want to play...

PGI...did you base your Faction Warfare match-ups based on active numbers, or existing numbers...because the clock is still ticking on North American evening time, 1944 my time, USA EST...and we're still waiting after 20 minutes...

Seriously! I'm hopping Wolf Teamspeaks begging them to fight us! First time I've ever contacted an opposing force asking for a fight!

Edited by Commander A9, 26 October 2017 - 03:46 PM.

#155 Grimfeather

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

People complaining about free mechs get me... they could have made it that we get 150 and get noting but a pat on the back. Even if we have them or not, it beats the hell out of the last loot bag event where you "might" get a Banshee. I farmed the hell out of those things and never got it. Removing the "might" get a mech and change it to a take your pick is leagues better in my eyes. And hey, if you have them all, pick either the Nova or Griffin. Which ever gives you the most C-bills after you strip if down and sell off the items is the best way to go for you. Free C-bills is never a bad thing either.

#156 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

View PostIrrelevant Mirror, on 26 October 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

20 minutes wait time in the most populated IS conflict Steiner vs Davion. I dont want to say "PGI, bring me players to cw NOW, i dont know how but do it", but you could foresee this, with your statistical data. Try to make them less specific, like "3 factions vs 3 factions", not 1 vs 1.

Steiner and Davion aren't actually the most populated because the total populations, which result in those dismal cbill penalties for merc players taking contracts with those factions, is because of all the loyalist units who belong to those factions prior to the general death of the faction mode and mass exodus of players from this game. There are units with huge rosters but many of them are inactive players. Most merc players chase the contract bonuses... thus....they go marik, liao, and the three new clans followed by the jaguars. Actually the feline match up is likely producing near instant drops on the clan side just as the liao/marik one is on the IS side. In hindsight I should have taken a nova cat contract with my principal alt but I really wanted the shark horn on it and didn't want to spend 750MC to get it.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 October 2017 - 03:50 PM.

#157 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

Requirements are high, I'll give you that...

#158 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

int pop = 0;
if (lastdropinfw < 1mo)
++pop;

Edited by Starwulfe, 26 October 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#159 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Out of 7 different Clan Wolf Teamspeaks...only 1 unit actually has people cued up and playing...and it's QuickPlay at that...

Where the hell is everyone!?

We're pushing a half-hour for a single match!

May I ask if the prize requirements can be lowered on account of no one playing the damn mode!?

Edited by Commander A9, 26 October 2017 - 03:59 PM.

#160 Merlin Kell

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Gave up on scouting, wasn't getting matches waiting 10+ minutes as a pug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users