Trick Or Treat Iii Loot Bag Event

311 replies to this topic

#121 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:38 AM

I got 5 scoutings so far. Diamond Shark vs. Wolf seems to be populated, but there is quite some waiting time.

#122 Selaha

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

Cant get a Match, senseless.

#123 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

Can anyone point me to where I redeem my 25 supporter bonus redeems?

#124 RolandDT

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

Great change on the Grand Prize Matt! This gives players who have bought the Steam packs an alternative so they don't have two unsellable Mechs. Also, great events - very creative. Can't wait to start earning loot bags!

View PostLordFatman, on 26 October 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

no matches in either fw not enough people playing how can we finish event

View PostMechrophilia, on 26 October 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Third scouting ghost drop in a row.

I do not know what time zones you folks are in, but in the US it's only 2:45 PM on the East Coast (11:45 AM for the West Coast) - long before most people come home from work. I expect the population will be better in about 4+ hours, and especially through the weekend, when most people have more free time on their hands. We have 11 days to complete the challenges. Let's see how the next few days turn out for matches. If PGI deems it necessary to make adjustments I am sure they will follow through, but for now I think it's too early to tell.

Good luck, and happy earning!

#125 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

View Postprocess, on 26 October 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

#126 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:49 AM

Another chunk of stuff...

View PostM E X, on 26 October 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Why are you talking about 12 days when the event countdows only shows 11 days ?

Did you read the "Trick Or Treat III Event Page"??? If not, it says...

Trick Or Treat III Event Page said:

This event will run for 12 days, so we hope you'll enjoy the time to earn those Trick or Treat 3 Loot Bags at your own pace!
...so the Event should be set up to run for one more day than it currently is programmed to. Frankly, I hope Matt Newman fixes this soon, before we end up shorted by a full day on this Event set. :huh:

View PostHoly Jackson, on 26 October 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Also please make the III logo for this event a decal.

AGREED. Also, with preference for being colorable. :D

Go to the "Trick Or Treat III Event Page" in order to do that. :)

~D. V. "So many small things..." Devnull

#127 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 October 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

Hey Guys

So there is the possibility of getting Clan vs IS until 2 pm this afternoon when the battle window changes and the Main Faction Play conflict will be turned off.

I like this Idea! I will see if we can make that change for Stocking Stuffer 2017!

If the stocking stuffer is also going to be a faction vs faction like this one (IS vs IS or Clan vs Clan) then I would suggest, you look at the contract bonuses being offered BEFORE matching the factions, because players who ONLY play the mode for the events are usually merc players with their own 1-person units (as my accounts are) and are thus also likely to only take contracts with the best bonuses (so CDS, CNC and CSV for the clans and Liao & Marik for IS currently). Since there has never been a forced unit eviction to reset player population #s for respecitve factions, the #s aren't currently valid and thus wolf, falcon, davion, etc... aren't actually as over populated as you think they are.

For prime euro time (its nearly 3pm EST, so 8-9pm in western europe) it took 15 mins to even find enough wolf & diamond shark players to get a scouting match. If it had been sharks vs nova cats, I'm sure we'd have had a match in 2 minutes.

#128 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

Thanks, I think I figured out why I'm not seeing it. Posted Image

-edit-

Yeah, I forgot to redeem my code and lost the email. Got a replacement, thanks PGI!

Edited by process, 26 October 2017 - 11:22 AM.

#129 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

All LOOT bags can only be redeemed on the website.

https://mwomercs.com...nts?t=201710tot

The faction specific goals and rewards can be claimed via the in-game events UI.

#130 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

i don't know if you have notice, but bonus bag also count to get the grand prize.
so i started with 50, so i only need another 100 Posted Image

Edited by Flanking Boy, 26 October 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#131 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Second scouting match as a shark... 8 minutes to assemble 4 shark players. Then 35 seconds to find 4 wolf players to match against. Match beginning 3:02pm EST. We won in 4 minutes. Our team was 2 huntsman, 1 cat and a hunchie. Theirs were 2 cats (one with the six MGs layout and another with dual UAC/2s), a streak hunchie and a trial nova. I'm running the HMN-PA with quad streak-4s, triple MPL, AMS. Double strikes and coolshots loaded. Between premium, tourney, hero and contract bonuses... i'm at +140% cbills.

Third scouting match search begun at 3:08pm EST... 4 sharks assembled in 1 minute. Four wolves found about 100 seconds later. Match beginning at 3:12pm EST. We won as a stomp, 4 to 0. Game over at 3:18pm EST.

Also encountered my first ******** who is trolling for loot bags and not actually playing the mode for the overall goal. We had intel gathering and he just wants to shoot, get his match score and move onto the next match. No concern about swinging the intel bar for those souls actually trying to play invasion matches. I may NOT ever do FW outside of events, but when I do, I don't troll just for event prizes. If I'm in an intel gather match...i am going to gather intel. If I'm in an invasion conquest...i'm going to try and get some capping done. If I'm stuck with an invasion domination and I happened to start with a fast mech, I will race to the pee stain even though I despise domination matches.

Edit... yes I know my web profile says "merc liao"... i'm starting the event with my main alt account. When I've had enough matches on it today I'll switch to this one where I guess I will be fighting marik players. I took the shark account on the alt because I want THAT particular warhorn.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 October 2017 - 11:30 AM.

#132 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

Playing to the game is great, but please expect to brawl even on gather if there is a minimum match score. bringing two brawler mechs and two gathering mechs usually equals a loss, and people do want to hit 100 score, and that is impossible smoke jumping.

so sure gather you 10+ intels, but plan on doing it with a fight. otherwise you're actually being the troll by making people waste a match when they're trying to hit a match score too.

ALSO PLEASE: collapse this down to team steiner vs team davion, and team warden vs team crusader.

That's 2 buckets instead of 8. or make ghost drops count for 100 match score.

#133 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 25 October 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

What I love is how all these fights are based on some lore ********. But buck up kids I guess and take your bi-monthly dose of lore.

Compared to the same type of monotonous bullcrap we've been having for months with FP, I'd take this event anytime, lore or no lore. It's a whole lot better than treating this game as another CoD or Counterstrike skin. A little variety wouldn't kill you.

#134 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:57 AM

Aww I've managed to get only one Kurita vs FRR game and it was scouting. No one has played invasion yet. And it's very late in europe. But I hope weekend we will have some serious IS vs IS slugging.

#135 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

100 match score should take no effort at all even with intel gathered. Unless you're an incompetent player who cannot do either gather or brawl at all, let alone both together. I've played 7 scout matches and 6 wins in a row so far, with 147 being my lowest match score of them (which wasn't the 7th lost game, I got 197 in that one). The game is full of mechs that fit the weight caps capable of BOTH brawling and gathering equally well. Only cheapness, laziness or trolls would bring something else.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 October 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#136 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

View PostIron Lemur, on 26 October 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

Are calls to arms matches not counting?

They count for the FW mode if you hit the match score requirement, but not for faction specific bonus prizes. That's a key thing about this event compared to the last one (which was loyalists only).

This is the first time we have run IS vs IS, and Clan VS Clan Conflicts and as such have kept the criteria extremely simple.
These conflicts will give Loyalists and Mercenaries with contracts opportunities to earn faction cockpit items while earning Trick or Treat Loot Bags.

#137 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

if you had all the preorders you could start on 125 bags, then its only 25 win

#138 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

We still need a nice sale to fit this event.Posted Image

#139 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

Please pretty please, make Grand Prize random like before! Posted Image

#140 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

View PostRhialto, on 26 October 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Please pretty please, make Grand Prize random like before! Posted Image

And then there are the players incapable of making a decision....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users