Trick Or Treat 3 Event Update.

299 replies to this topic

#121 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

So...wait, re-cap of what just happened plz?
Anyone?

#122 Grim 13

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Welp, there goes my plan to switch factions mid-event and pick up both the Diamond Shark and Clan Wolf warhorns... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why did you suddenly decide that Ghost Bear needs to fight a war on 2 fronts (although it isn't anymore) instead of Clan Wolf?
And why not make the event IS VS IS and Clam VS Clam proper, instead of fragmenting them into factions that then fight each other? That would make queue times faster, no one would rage about not being able to complete the event because faction X is inactive and we'd be seeing a wider variety of players instead of dropping against the same roflstomp team every match AND those who had their eye on multiple prizes would still be able to try and get 'em.

Edited by Grim 13, 27 October 2017 - 10:13 PM.

#123 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostSVTmk, on 27 October 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

VERY VERY BAD UPDATE!!! THIS IS DISCRIMINATION OF SMOKE JAGUARS!!!

BEFORE this update ALL factions can get minimum of 2 sets of different faction rewards. Wolwes can get 3 sets, and who was at desertion last day - can get 4 sets.

But NOW ALL factions excluding Smoke Jaguars can get minimum of 2 sets, now deserted can get 3 sets, BUT WHO NOW IN SMOKE JAGUARS CAN GET ONLY 1 SET!!! BECAUSE YOU MOVED JAGUARS TO END OF EVENT.

In previous version all players was need to play during all event time.
In current version Smoke Jaguars do not need to play 11 days ang get less reward than others.

Hey SVT, glad we could do drops against each other on faction play! I am in the same boat as you. I wanted to get the diamond shark warhorn too, but I cant join it since my nova cat contract is not expired yet. Even if we disband our unit, we still have to serve the remainder of the contract.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 27 October 2017 - 10:20 PM.

#124 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

It seems to me the solution is actually quite simple.

All Faction Warfare should be essentially an IS vs Clan / Clan vs Clan / IS vs IS quickmatch where each player sees all his teammates as being the same faction as they are. (i.e. A Davion player sees the eleven other players on his team as also being Davion, meanwhile a Marik Player in the same match sees all his teammates as being Marik.) The Match Score of the player is added to the match scores of all other players of the same Faction with an adjustment for if each match was a win or a loss respectively. This combined Match Score is used to determine if the planet in question is gained/lost/retained. Meanwhile the same process is being done to each other player on both sides of the match, so even though they were all fighting for different Factions they each saw all other players on their team as being their faction, and saw all players of the opposing team as being the appropriate faction of the conflict world.

If you have multiple players of the same Faction playing on opposite sides of the battle it's still ok because only the scores are used to determine if the planet changes hands.

Example: A battle happens that has 3 players each from Davion, Steiner, Kurita, and Laio on one side , and 3 each from the same 4 IS factions on the other side. If everyone's scores are average then the point gain and point loss are a wash. But if the 3 players from Davion on the winning side get low scores, and the 3 players from Davion on the losing side get high scores, instead of getting a wash the point gain or loss would depend on how high or how low the average scores ended up being. Your personal contribution matters on every match even if every match you play ends up being a loss. Meanwhile, just because you were on the winning side, unless you contributed enough, you might end up bringing your Faction's score down.

Create the illusion that Faction Warfare has a healthy population level, and eventually it actually will have a healthy population level.

#125 Don T

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:07 PM

Thank you PGI for actually trying to solve the problems with the current event.

Thank you for explaining why a faction loyalty reset isn't something you are gonna do right now.

yours sincerely,

Don T.

PS Please ignore the people who thinks that just because they have an account they are somehow entitled to all the rewards. I like and support that real effort should be put into getting the rewards and thus higher player numbers as a result.

*thumbs up* *thumbs up* *100%* *smiley*

#126 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

Greedy posts:
Spoiler

Same feeling. Should I get how much.... seven sets of Davion items because I'm a loyalist and can't/don't what to change faction but WANT to have all of them? You are complaining that you can't "game" the rewards after Matt had to change the rules so most of the people get the only one? I'm sure event wasn't designed with specific purpose to allow pick up different faction's items. It was a bonus, a free stuff on top of the free stuff.

Don't you have some dignity and respect to creator of the event, who happened to be a hostage of current "minimal viable product" implementation of the CW/FW/whatever? I hate how much this mode is wasted, but it has nothing to do with Matt. Please stop repeating your "demands/hopes", press "like" on the existing posts those have that idea. Otherwise many have to dig through your spam to reach some useful information (like Matt's posts and new issues/workarounds, etc.) .

I'm sure Matt will take note of the posts those have 10-20 likes. No need to create junk yard on the forum, Russ doesn't read it. Try your luck in twitter if you would like.

And please think of the mental pressure you put on Matt with all this negative posts while he's been the most open and communicative person in PGI for the last .... year, maybe two? It's great he tried something new with this event system, give him some time to get familiar with limitations and formulate change requests to the developers (those, I'm afraid, would vanish in endless to-do list). If we keep him motivated, he will invent/create more interesting events for us. Those maybe improve the game in the process. Like allowing 3 IS vs 3 IS houses fight might give basis for alliances in FW. Let me dream a bit :) I know this won't happen (Solaris, MW5, islans, so on).

#127 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

View PostVan mw, on 27 October 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Greedy posts:
Spoiler

Same feeling. Should I get how much.... seven sets of Davion items because I'm a loyalist and can't/don't what to change faction but WANT to have all of them? You are complaining that you can't "game" the rewards after Matt had to change the rules so most of the people get the only one? I'm sure event wasn't designed with specific purpose to allow pick up different faction's items. It was a bonus, a free stuff on top of the free stuff.

Don't you have some dignity and respect to creator of the event, who happened to be a hostage of current "minimal viable product" implementation of the CW/FW/whatever? I hate how much this mode is wasted, but it has nothing to do with Matt. Please stop repeating your "demands/hopes", press "like" on the existing posts those have that idea. Otherwise many have to dig through your spam to reach some useful information (like Matt's posts and new issues/workarounds, etc.) .

I'm sure Matt will take note of the posts those have 10-20 likes. No need to create junk yard on the forum, Russ doesn't read it. Try your luck in twitter if you would like.

And please think of the mental pressure you put on Matt with all this negative posts while he's been the most open and communicative person in PGI for the last .... year, maybe two? It's great he tried something new with this event system, give him some time to get familiar with limitations and formulate change requests to the developers (those, I'm afraid, would vanish in endless to-do list). If we keep him motivated, he will invent/create more interesting events for us. Those maybe improve the game in the process. Like allowing 3 IS vs 3 IS houses fight might give basis for alliances in FW. Let me dream a bit Posted Image I know this won't happen (Solaris, MW5, islans, so on).

I see your point and I am being reasonable with Matt, but I think you should try to understand where SVT and I come from. I am just being sympathetic towards SVT because I dropped and played against him almost 30 games on faction scout and I manage to finish 49/50 games requirement. Do you know how much time we put into getting those games done? Considering the low population, It took me 20 hours to complete those. You can consider SVT and I are hardcore fans of mwo because we love the game. We planned and were willing to work through those insane requirements with many hours of investment. Imagine how you would feel in our shoes when your hard work and patience to make it work did not pan out. Like I said, I don't disagree with matt's well being, but you shouldn't disregard the feelings of SVT and many other players in the same situation as me either.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 27 October 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#128 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

No one wants to play FW? How surprising, after what PGI and others did to it.

Best PGI could do is remove the FP part

#129 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:28 AM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 27 October 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

What is counting for the 6 and where can I redeem em? Wolf vs Viper is gone.

have you tried future events

#130 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 27 October 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Well I was at 26/50 VIPER vs WOLF matches when they shut it down...

I think this means that when the VIPER event comes back online, I will already have 26/6 matches and will be able to claim all prizes for that part of the event right away (with ~2 weeks left to claim it, even if I'm offline during the new VIPER event days).

Maybe they should have just kept the event as it was, and just make each victory count as +10 points instead of +1 points when it's your own faction's special event day, and then nobody would have lost anything (including the Wolf players and their 2 events, and those who won't be able to show up on the right day for their own faction event...), but they didn't do that so this is how it is Posted Image

people couldn't get matches because there weren't enough people for a particular event Marik vs Liao and FRR vs Kurita had long wait times players like me gave up waiting.

#131 Chound

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 300 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

View PostB0ll0, on 27 October 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

Nice change. 6 games should be possible.
Next time again only rewards for loyalists would be fine. Too many mercs who only change contract for event items. Would be nice to only have loyalists. Perhaps with a renewable contract every 2 or 3 or 6 months.

the last event was loyalists only for Kurita and smoke jaguar. The mercs didn't like that. FP is stale. this is Civil war time to overhaul the FP take siege out of the mix go with Bulldog, huntress or Strana Mechy style battles.

#132 TWLT S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:37 AM

What I dont get is, the circumstances never were considered. Probably I the were not enough people. But I would rahter wait some minutes to get a match IS vs IS during a 1 or 2 week event.
But unfortunately PGI took away the waiting Looby, which indicateded the number of waiting players......
Of course people give up waiting if you dont know if you are the only one waiting or if you just wait for the last one to appear.

Apart from that the networking of the people outside of the game was disrupted, when factions become less meaningfull. I also had to look for kurita gamers to form a group. We formed a small group and the other guys meet next day again to play scouting. So it needs some time to reorganize.

But basically it would be good to have some 8 vs 8 game modes for this.

#133 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:51 AM

RIP fun IS vs IS games.

#134 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:41 AM

View PostVan mw, on 27 October 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Greedy posts:
Spoiler

And please think of the mental pressure you put on Matt with all this negative posts while he's been the most open and communicative person in PGI for the last .... year, maybe two? It's great he tried something new with this event system, give him some time to get familiar with limitations and formulate change requests to the developers (those, I'm afraid, would vanish in endless to-do list). If we keep him motivated, he will invent/create more interesting events for us. Those maybe improve the game in the process. Like allowing 3 IS vs 3 IS houses fight might give basis for alliances in FW. Let me dream a bit Posted Image I know this won't happen (Solaris, MW5, islans, so on).

erm. my post wasnt negative. i said i was very appreciative.
FYI suggesting additional goals in an event means i want to keep playing the event.

im a loyalist without any desire to break contract and switch sides.
its a simple equation.
there were 6 wolf rewards. i wanted to earn them all.
now there are 3.
i'm providing constructive feedback by suggesting maybe we can have additional goals so that we can earn the 6 originally there.

learn to discern.

#135 Marter

Rookie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:41 AM

The situation has been frustrating for everyone PGI and players alike. I feel that the concept of the event was great unfortunately the ACTIVE player base in faction war was the limiting factor. PGI listened to the feedback and adjusted the event to attempt to reduce/resolve the issues within the constraints of what the current event system can currently achieve.
We should give Matt and the other at PGI credit for that as it would have been far easier to say the event is not working and cancel it.

Please remember that this event system was only recently introduced and I am sure the recent issues are part of the learning curve that comes with attempting to run new and exciting events.
If you think back 12 months the event was just a loot bag event. This Faction vs Faction is extra to what we normally have so we should be happy they have given us an opportunity to get these extra items.

#136 Ukabix

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, PL

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:48 AM

The event might have had a great idea and an unfortunate execution, but it great to see the immediate reaction of the developers.

From what I saw yesterday, the best we managed during the Kurita-FRR conflict (18-22 UTC+1) was to keep up one or two scouting matches going, but since FRR had better players, Kurita forces started to wear down for QP.

Thank you PGI for adressing our concerns.

I also think that faction alliances, to limit the number of player pools to 4 during IS/IS and Clan/Clan conflicts, seem reasonable way to go.

#137 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:15 AM

Wow, Matt Newman you'r really doing your best to keep everybody happy, thumb up.

#138 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:43 AM

Hey Matt, maybe you can temporarily (or better permanently) relax penalties for breaking loyalty so that all loyalists can hop into the faction having the event currently to populate it?

#139 Bakaneko

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:59 AM

Damn ****!
I did arrage free time for this weekend to enjoy Long waited IS vs IS faction war matches, but it appears that i was living in wrong expectation. And i'm not able to play at all on those newly arraged two days for Marik vs Liao, because of my work. So that means that i will miss IS vs IS conflicts completely for this event.

Didn't anyone consider, that playerbase would multiply for the weekend, before terminating the event?

Now i am little more, than "little" pissed off.

And sorry for my rant.

#140 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:29 AM

HEY MATT! Cheep your chin up bro. Event difficulties aside its been hellafun playing Spher-Spher / Clan-Clan matches when we could... And opening trick or treat bags is always fun. ...Looking forward to the rest of the events.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users