#81 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

To me this update translates to:

We messed up faction play so bad, with many players leaving that now there are just not enough left, if you use more than one bucket.

#82 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

that so called solution is so stupid, its breathtaking.

you really think it helps to reduce the timeframe for the hard to achieve special FP event goals from 11 to 2 random chosen days? WRONG!

you really think it will help the [one at a time] running special FP event bucket, that ISvsClan remains active all the time? WRONG!
or that "running the special events one at a time" for that matter? i cant even remotely think of a reason that would help anyone or anything...

you really think it will help the player motivation that you reset their current Special FP event progress, which was hard earned with tremendous amounts of time wasted in wait-warrior-online? WRONG!

The problem was not so much the number of buckets, but the size of them. too few ppl to start an invasion match and too few to have decent wait times in scouting. by organizing the special events to a one-at-a-time set-up, you did not change the size of the buckets. so the problem will be still the same.

I do honor that you reduced the requirements slightly more than you reduced the timeframe in which they can be achieved. nice math! *golf-clap*
But by narrowing down the timeframe that much, you made it impossible for many ppl to participate and/or finish the special FP events. and this weights way more than the tiny simplyfication of the goals you granted.

your performance and descisions are baffling, play your game, know your game, use common sense and dont quit your daytime job, because this cant be it -.-

#83 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

I'm actually a little surprised at the salt level over this stuff. I thought I was being harsh being salty over the fact that CW is even needed to get the grand prize, but I got over it, and I'm just salty by nature anyway. In my long experience with PGI, they know how to royally bork up anything they try to do, but they do generally also fix things and give away free stuff when they do mess up on a large scale. Just gotta be patient, play the game for fun, and see how things shake out- they're highly unlikely to leave you hanging.

They may never fix this game to be where most of us want it to be, but they are generally pretty good about fixing borked events, just takes them time, they're a small team. On top of that Matt is generally the best of them, so if there's a PGI member you can take at his word, it's he. Of course I haven't played actively in months, so what do I know? Things could've changed, but seeing as the event got this screwed to begin with, I'm guessing more has stayed the same than not ;) .

#84 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostJondoeiowa, on 27 October 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

Thanks for the update Matt. Hope we can come back to these types of is vs is events in the future when the kinks are worked out

I have NO faith that the kinks will ever be worked out.

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 27 October 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

WOW ... everyone needs to chill out. Matt is doing the best he can with what he has at his disposal. Give the dude a break.

PGI has had 5 years of breaks. Matt should acquaint himself of the game's history and how we got to where we are right now. This is finally the breaking point.

#85 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostKodyn, on 27 October 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

I'm actually a little surprised at the salt level over this stuff. I thought I was being harsh being salty over the fact that CW is even needed to get the grand prize, but I got over it, and I'm just salty by nature anyway. In my long experience with PGI, they know how to royally bork up anything they try to do, but they do generally also fix things and give away free stuff when they do mess up on a large scale. Just gotta be patient, play the game for fun, and see how things shake out- they're highly unlikely to leave you hanging.

They may never fix this game to be where most of us want it to be, but they are generally pretty good about fixing borked events, just takes them time, they're a small team. On top of that Matt is generally the best of them, so if there's a PGI member you can take at his word, it's he. Of course I haven't played actively in months, so what do I know? Things could've changed, but seeing as the event got this screwed to begin with, I'm guessing more has stayed the same than not Posted Image .

its just about the time spent for me I waited long for matches so I could finish it when quick play was fast but I wanted the prize

#86 B0ll0

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

Nice change. 6 games should be possible.
Next time again only rewards for loyalists would be fine. Too many mercs who only change contract for event items. Would be nice to only have loyalists. Perhaps with a renewable contract every 2 or 3 or 6 months.

#87 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

View PostLordFatman, on 27 October 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

its just about the time spent for me I waited long for matches so I could finish it when quick play was fast but I wanted the prize

Oh don't get me wrong, not saying people aren't justified in being upset, I'm just surprised anyone who's still around is still capable of getting upset lol. I've rarely seen PGI do something right the first time...well, ever. I'll always come back to the game as long as it's running, but I never expect much, that way I can be pleasantly surprised if anything good ever happens or things go right :P Ah, poor Matt...he's gotta really hate his life at this point....or at least his job. (I think I'm just this chipper because I've been having good matches tonight with decent players using comms and being mature, so don't mind me, normally I'm a veritable salt mine.)

#88 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 27 October 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

PGI has had 5 years of breaks. Matt should acquaint himself of the game's history and how we got to where we are right now. This is finally the breaking point.

In Matts defence I will say that before him it was worse, I hope his boss wasn't arrogant and self righteous enough to take any form of moral high ground in the meeting this morning which there is no justification to based on history.

I also forgot to mention, running FP events over 12 man invasion and 4 man scouting at the same time is detrimental aswell..... i am guessing this is ANOTHER thing the new event system cant split ?

#89 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

Because its NOT really about the loot bags for some players... its about the faction specific cockpit rewards. To get all three, you need FIFTY matches of whatever score pgi sets it to, for that faction vs another faction. So Instead of 50 matches over 11 days... now it because 50 over 2 days. What if you cannot play 50 in those two days ? Then you miss out on those prizes.

As I said in my post that you quoted, they reduced the requirements. It is not 50 matches in two days.

#90 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

that's why I said every one should just get the prizes as a sorry we messed up and end it

#91 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

So if you had been listening to the players or even reading your own data you'd have realized that FP doesn't work well outside of the one bucket setup after Tuk2 at the very latest.

There's a lot of suggestions, arguments and debates over a number of much better ways to do the mode - the problem is that the staff doesn't actually engage in any communication with the players that have been pushing for real improvements to the game, this completely lackluster game mode from the start in particular.

#92 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostLordFatman, on 27 October 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

that's why I said every one should just get the prizes as a sorry we messed up and end it

Nah... be serious, people need to log in and play a bit! I go for 100 QP and had hope to get it. I mean my time is precious, family, halloween with kids, work, housework, and some free time to play and I should be good to reach 100, but 150? No way.

#93 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostRhialto, on 27 October 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

Nah... be serious, people need to log in and play a bit! I go for 100 QP and had hope to get it. I mean my time is precious, family, halloween with kids, work, housework, and some free time to play and I should be good to reach 100, but 150? No way.

sorry I meant every one who played the event and I meant only the canceled rewards

Edited by LordFatman, 27 October 2017 - 05:36 PM.

#94 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

I WAS going to buy some MC bundles but now... nope.

#95 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 27 October 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Posted ImageMatt Newman, on 27 October 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Please contact support they will be happy to inject that item for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Support just told me to send them a screenshot of the wolf vs viper event so they can help.......

An event that no longer exists to send a screenshot of......

Posted Image

#96 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostQuestar, on 27 October 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Q

Sir, I take offense to this signature!

#97 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 27 October 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Great! (Where do I find them? They aren't in inventory).

https://mwomercs.com...nts?t=201710tot

When you scroll down that page, you'll find a redeem button for each loot bag you earned so far. OK, it doesn't say redeem, but "reach into the loot bag". Posted Image

#98 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

same here I told them I didn't have a time machine so no screen shot

Edited by LordFatman, 27 October 2017 - 05:55 PM.

#99 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 27 October 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

Support just told me to send them a screenshot of the wolf vs viper event so they can help.......

An event that no longer exists to send a screenshot of......

I can confirm. Here is my proof. The only thing i could do was giver the worker a broken link to the event in the MWO website. So far I have not received a reply from PGI yet. Maybe they need some time to look into this matter since everything is so confusing.
Posted Image

Edited by GamerPro4000, 27 October 2017 - 06:09 PM.

#100 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Well, looks like no faction play part for me, can't be bothered to drop everything and grind specific inconvenient time frame. And regular Clan-IS... just no, had more than enough of this onesided ********.

Edited by Lorginir, 27 October 2017 - 09:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users