Trick Or Treat 3 Event Update.

299 replies to this topic

#61 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

This seems like an ok solution to me. Wolf v Shark is coming up very soon. Only six matches needed, should be fine.

#62 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

For the general FP, are you not able to set it simply IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan regardless of faction with the special mini-events instead of IS vs Clan for this time period?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 October 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#63 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

This "solution" is NO solution.

I'm done.

Get back to me when you guys in Vancouver figure out how to develop and manage an online game.

Sheesh.

#64 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 October 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

Please contact support they will be happy to inject that item for you.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

ty I had over 30 done I was close to getting it then it was gone I sent email hope I get it

#65 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

Still dont get why clans conflicts get completely changed around, did we get the dartboard out of storage ? Only reason i went wolf was to get 2, need to be a bear for that now, explain how for loyalists with a 7 day desertion penalty ?

#66 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 27 October 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Well I was at 26/50 VIPER vs WOLF matches when they shut it down...

I think this means that when the VIPER event comes back online, I will already have 26/6 matches and will be able to claim all prizes for that part of the event right away (with ~2 weeks left to claim it, even if I'm offline during the new VIPER event days).

I was 24/50 on sharks vs wolves when PGI deleted the existing events to appease some twitter/forum whiners. I suspect though all those results will be NOT counted against the new 2/4/6 match requirements and I will have to keep playing scouting matches. The "new" wolves vs sharks conflict starts in 4 minutes.

Maybe they should have just kept the event as it was, and just make each victory count as +10 points instead of +1 points when it's your own faction's special event day, and then nobody would have lost anything (including the Wolf players and their 2 events, and those who won't be able to show up on the right day for their own faction event...), but they didn't do that so this is how it is Posted Image

I suggested they leave it alone until the weekend is over and gather some REAL data on who is actually playing for each faction.... but no...easier to throw in the towel. I have the tourney supporter and pre-orders on both the accounts I'm using in the event so I was only chasing the 50 FP matches for the faction horns. If that's no longer needed, I'll be done with the faction mode altogether once the six faction specific matches are completed on each account... one less player in the buckets altogether for 12 days.

OKAY so the wolf vs sharks NEW event has begun... and my existing 24 matches didn't count for squat...so neither will your 25 matches. So...six more scout matches and then I'm done with QP on that account...and i'll have to check when my contract expires on my primary account to see if I'll be doing the shark/wolf one or the liao/marik one for six 100 score matches.

Edited by Dee Eight, 27 October 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#67 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:05 PM

I had 15, so I should be finished or not?

#68 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

View Postsuffocater, on 27 October 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

I had 15, so I should be finished or not?

NOT. My 24 counted for nothing. Although I will get a second diamond shark medallion as I already redeemed for the 1st one at 10 matches yesterday.

Edited by Dee Eight, 27 October 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#69 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

View PostDee Eight, on 27 October 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

NOT. My 24 counted for nothing.

We both should be finished with the new requirements.

#70 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

I'm too stupid to figure out whats going on, i'm just gonna shoot mechs and leave it at that. It would still be nice to have some IS vs IS stuff and the few matches I did play were enlightening, namely playing scouting against IS scout teams is generally harder than it was against clan ones, go figure.

#71 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

Wolves vs vipers no longer exists, the one i was working on rofl.

Well at least our battles were interesting dex, hope you have fun with the bears now.... wait ? falcons ? so the falcons one no longer exists too ?

Edited by Cadoazreal, 27 October 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#72 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

To those freaking out about not getting prizes they should have- Did you not see Matt's posts? He said if you email support they'll take care of it. Just a friendly PSA since I'm seeing the same people post over and over about it.

#73 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 27 October 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

Open them! when you hit 150 you will get the grand prize!

Ok so this is definitive? You won't lower to 100?

#74 Shenanigan23

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

Thanks for being prompt on acting on this, and liaising with the community.
Thanks also for trying to get IS v IS working. Some teething up front, but hopefully going in the right direction.
Great free rewards from this event, love it!

#75 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:17 PM

So the people who are under contract from another faction for an event that has been changed. How are they able to participate the current IS and Clan faction wars since their contract period has not expired yet? because the event wolf vs diamond shark only last 2 days and the my nova cat contract expires in 5 days.

Originally the faction events were going to last 11 days instead of 2. My original plan was get my 50 FP matches for nova cat and wait for the nova cat contract (7 days) to expire and then jump to diamond shark and grind another 50 FP matches to get the items on that faction with 5 days left until the event is over.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 27 October 2017 - 04:17 PM.

#76 Dan Skara

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

Now that is the worst fix, changing the event midway? no please this kind of inconsistencies resulting annoyance more than anything else. People (or at least me) have to readjust their schedule because my original plan was to finish the Clan vs Clan in a couple days, I already cleared 41 of 50 for that warhorn, now I have to do this again on another day? no I already have another thing to do for that day and now I will not be able to actually finish the reward.

You and your decision making, PGI, screwing up your own product ever since my pal introduce this game to me.

I have a feeling that you guys actually trying to turn people off by flipping things upside down bit by bit instead of announding/saying blatantly "yeah we ******".

Well congrats, now you have +1 player not recommending this game to their friends/new players.

#77 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 27 October 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

Wolves vs vipers no longer exists, the one i was working on rofl.

Well at least our battles were interesting dex, hope you have fun with the bears now.... wait ? falcons ? so the falcons one no longer exists too ?

Yes. So I was wrong and in fact the previous first version 50 scout games DON'T count towards the new 6 scout requirement : You have to redo 6 more.

It's not automatic but you can email to still obtain your previous unlocked but unclaimed prizes manually, or just call it a loss and give up on the unlocked prizes you failed to claim really...

They can delete the first version events and the unclaimed prizes we won in them (instead of just moving them to "recent events", so we can claim them ourselves...), but they can't delete the memories of our epic battles :)

#78 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

I say every one who played should get the stuff with out having to ask for our wasted time

#79 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

WOW ... everyone needs to chill out. Matt is doing the best he can with what he has at his disposal. Give the dude a break.

#80 AfterBurn914

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

After the way PGI handled the last FW event, there is ZERO reason for me to try that again. No matter the rewards,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users