Trick Or Treat 3 Event Update.

299 replies to this topic

#241 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 01 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Clan vs. Clan scouting is great! It's actually balanced.

Just like IS vs IS invasion. And IS vs IS scouting. and Clan vs Clan invasion :P

#242 Taelah Mehta

• Pip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

Any chance of adding Black Lanner to the eligibility for this event? Posted Image

#243 Righter8

• PipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:40 AM

Only gripe: Wish I could trade or sell off cockpit items. How many Cockpit Hanging - STITCHED PUMPKIN and Cockpit Mounted - HALLOWEEN LIGHTS does one person need? Not 5 of each...

#244 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostRighter8, on 02 November 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

Only gripe: Wish I could trade or sell off cockpit items. How many Cockpit Hanging - STITCHED PUMPKIN and Cockpit Mounted - HALLOWEEN LIGHTS does one person need? Not 5 of each...

THIS. It doesn't need to be for half the price as it goes for CBills mechs, but even fraction of the price, like 1/5th or 1/6th would help a lot.

#245 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:58 PM

Probably get lost in the clutter, but any chance we could get more bags available for FP?
Some folks prefer FP over QP and it would nice to minimize QP drops.

#246 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, I doubt I'll get that 150 match prize (I honestly don't how some of you found the time) but this event actually got me to try Scouting and I enjoyed it! Well done PGI, you got me to play FP without a team and actually had fun! (Invasion is still soul crushing w/o a team, I will ether need new work hours or a new team before that changes)

#247 Myndflayer

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationThe Upside Down

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:16 PM

Please give us the ability to sell cockpit items and MC-specific consumables gained either through special events or special codes for actual MC, at a reasonable exchange rate of say 50% or so of their actual MC cost to purchase. That would be nice.

#248 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 02 November 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Yeah, I doubt I'll get that 150 match prize (I honestly don't how some of you found the time) but this event actually got me to try Scouting and I enjoyed it! Well done PGI, you got me to play FP without a team and actually had fun! (Invasion is still soul crushing w/o a team, I will ether need new work hours or a new team before that changes)

Right now, IS vs IS Scouting is fun, very fun. U see many Bushwackers, but it's still fun and there are several viable builds, eg I run HBK-4J with 2x6SSRM and 4xSPL, and it works, and you will see many Griffins and Assassins, some Kintaros and Crabs.

Just don't bring Lights to Scout. Not enough armour and weaponry.

#249 NICOLAS78

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:11 AM

SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS

Faction queue already has difficulties to find players in normal time...
so what exactly did they think would happen splitting the one queue into 7 ?

=> solutions / suggestions for MANY problems :

1) make multiple queuing possible
when queuing you can check all the boxes you are OK to play
ex: as i would choose FW4v4 OR FW12v12
that would help finding players from much bigger pools...

2) once this is fixed you can now match players in groups / faction better
by trying to have SAME AMOUNT OF SOLOS each side
taking also in count the ELO would be better but i guess from where we are it s a bit "ambitious"

3) A side effect of having no Match making in FP ...
do not let first day players in trials to go Faction 12v12 or 4v4
there should be requirements before to drop there - some games are just a waste of time
maybe achieving tutorials and owning the mechs played in FP
that would be better for everyone

4) SOLO RANKED queue with ELO (some kind of FP or Quickplay with players grouped by ELO)
counting for example 75% win / loss and 25% for personal score

5) more reward for win and objectives
typical example: when i play FP4v4 solo and i win by myself the gather mission while 3 clueless players die
guess how many FP points I earn for being mostly responsible for the win ?
exactly ZERO POINTS !
while the 3 other dudes actually get points for whatever diversion they did...
(or is victory a secondary objective?)

#250 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:53 AM

View PostNICOLAS78, on 03 November 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

5) more reward for win and objectives
typical example: when i play FP4v4 solo and i win by myself the gather mission while 3 clueless players die
guess how many FP points I earn for being mostly responsible for the win ?
exactly ZERO POINTS !
while the 3 other dudes actually get points for whatever diversion they did...
(or is victory a secondary objective?)

this is one of the biggest weaknesses if MWO imo and will probably never be solved - i at least lost all hope at this point.

there is no decent reward for anything else than dealing damage and killing enemies. just one reason why lights were/are allways the smallest percentage of the queue, because they have the least firepower and cant take many hits, therefore reducing the chances to deal damage - i do realise a good light pilot can be devastating the enemy team, but the same pilot would do much more damage in a heavier mech.

Edited by Genesis23, 03 November 2017 - 12:53 AM.

#251 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 03 November 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

this is one of the biggest weaknesses if MWO imo and will probably never be solved - i at least lost all hope at this point.

there is no decent reward for anything else than dealing damage and killing enemies. just one reason why lights were/are allways the smallest percentage of the queue, because they have the least firepower and cant take many hits, therefore reducing the chances to deal damage - i do realise a good light pilot can be devastating the enemy team, but the same pilot would do much more damage in a heavier mech.

Just came off a scouting mission IS vs Clan, 3 of us on IS brawled while the 4th went on his merry way collecting, and refusing to respond to group-up messages. We 3 fell. He on his own collected 11 intel and got to the dropship. We 3 got >100 MS. He scored a measly 35 points.

#252 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:42 AM

View Postarcana75, on 03 November 2017 - 02:05 AM, said:

Just came off a scouting mission IS vs Clan, 3 of us on IS brawled while the 4th went on his merry way collecting, and refusing to respond to group-up messages. We 3 fell. He on his own collected 11 intel and got to the dropship. We 3 got >100 MS. He scored a measly 35 points.

exactly my point. there is no point in doing something else than dealing dmg and killing your opponents.

playing as a light (-armed mech) is just making life harder for yourself/crippling yourself for no worthy reward at all. sure, i had my fair share of 5-6kills matches in a spider 5k, but even then dealing not nearly as much damage as my heavier teammates, thus earing far less c-bills for playing at a much higher risk.

#253 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:34 AM

View PostGenesis23, on 03 November 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

exactly my point. there is no point in doing something else than dealing dmg and killing your opponents.

playing as a light (-armed mech) is just making life harder for yourself/crippling yourself for no worthy reward at all. sure, i had my fair share of 5-6kills matches in a spider 5k, but even then dealing not nearly as much damage as my heavier teammates, thus earing far less c-bills for playing at a much higher risk.

From my observation, match points are accrued by doing stuff, and in MWO, most of the stuff to do revolve around combat, and dealing damage is one (not the only one) of the things to do. I've seen many games where I didn't deal the most damage but I was the top scorer for the match, and that's because I was in the thick of things doing stuff, contributing to the fight with my team mates around me..

In Scout, if you don't fight, there's nothing much going on except collecting intel, so you have little chance of accumulating bonuses, except for Collect Intel bonuses, which apparently don't give many match points. It's the same problem with Domination and Conquest. If all you did was stand in the circle or cap flags, your score would be crap.

When PGI made these modes, I think they didn't want the players to play the objective, cuz ultimately it makes for a boring match. Even in real life, when you play paintball and the game is CTF, no one really goes for the flag right? We just want to shoot our friends. These modes are just excuses to shoot at mechs.

I find that only in Invasion mode does the objective really matter, cuz the cbill payout difference between winning and losing is massive. And even then it's mostly for Siege.

#254 GTiR

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

I'm sick and tired of these BADDIE LOOT BAGS! (5MC) wtf?!?!??! Where's my GOODIE LOOT BAGS!!?!??!?!?

#255 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:42 AM

When can we sell the MC consumables back for MC? I keep getting a bunch for the event and I don't want them. Why can't we sell them back for MC?

#256 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

View PostMikayshen, on 03 November 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

When can we sell the MC consumables back for MC? I keep getting a bunch for the event and I don't want them. Why can't we sell them back for MC?

They messed up, should have been the C-Bills version like in previous event with similar rewards.

#257 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

Aren't the MC consumables the same as the C-Bill versions? Just use them and be done with it.

#258 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:23 AM

View Postarcana75, on 03 November 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

Aren't the MC consumables the same as the C-Bill versions? Just use them and be done with it.

The problem is when you use up the MC consumables you have it will start draining from your MC more consumables if you dont monitor it / check it after every game / forget.

#259 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:04 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 04 November 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

The problem is when you use up the MC consumables you have it will start draining from your MC more consumables if you dont monitor it / check it after every game / forget.

Yes, exactly. Is this a delibarate choice from PGI to rewards with MC consumables over C-Bills ones?

#260 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

50 Scouting missions was a lot, but I was lucky enough to get Clan V Clan for a lot of them. I feel like I'm a much better Shadow Cat pilot after all that practice dodging, circling, and shooting legs. I keep hitting the MASC button in my Arctic Cheetah and getting disappointed.

The "skeleton crow" skin (whatever it's called) on my new C-Bill+ Storm Crow is sweet!!

Edited by Jonathan8883, 04 November 2017 - 08:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users