#261 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

I had to all-day-it...hardcore...

Prizes were nice.

Problem is some factions have 'good' teams on them, which discourages people from cuing up to play because they don't want to lose.

So entire factions are deprived of the opportunity to fight because...no one wants to lose...

If anything, future "Civil War" conflicts ought to be all-of-Clan versus all-of-Clan and all-of-IS versus all-of-IS. That way, you don't have an entire mass-Faction-dodge perpetrated by a particular side.

How's anyone supposed to get the prizes if one side doesn't want to play?

Edited by Commander A9, 04 November 2017 - 07:57 PM.

#262 Myndflayer

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationThe Upside Down

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

I finally managed to get my 150 matches in, and while I would *like* the SCR-PRIME(S) for the 30% C-Bill bonus the reality is that I am a F2P player and Mech Bays are a real problem - C-Bills are not, I can grind those. I cannot sell the SCR-PRIME(S) so I will have to settle for the next-most-valuable Mech reward available, the NVA-PRIME, strip of of its ERMeds, and sell it for C-Bills and keep the empty Mech Bay for a future Mech I actually want and need a Mech Bay for.

I never understood the totally, completely, and in other ways inconceivable, need to have Mechs that cannot be sold. It is just plain stupid, sort of like starting a land war in Asia, or competing in a test of wits with iocane powder.

Edited by Doc Tari, 04 November 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#263 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 04 November 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

The problem is when you use up the MC consumables you have it will start draining from your MC more consumables if you dont monitor it / check it after every game / forget.

nO....the problem is the humans not clever enough to UNCHECK the auto refill box. Has nothing to do with the MC part of the consumable prize.

#264 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

View PostDoc Tari, on 04 November 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

I never understood the totally, completely, and in other ways inconceivable, need to have Mechs that cannot be sold. It is just plain stupid, sort of like starting a land war in Asia, or competing in a test of wits with iocane powder.

Let's play 'what if.'
What if people could sell their special get-a-load-of-cbills mechs? Then people will, invariably, accidentally start selling their special get-a-load-of-cbills mechs. So when the people call customer support they hear, "you're warned that it is irreversible, and so it is." Then the forums are full of hate and discontent*.

I don't see what the big deal is. If you get the stormcrow, you get a mech bay with it. It doesn't take up an existing slot. You should also earn enough MC to buy a mech bay, or just hold on to the MC for when the 2-for-1 mech bay sale rolls around again, probably around xmas.

*On second thought, I should say more so than usual. These forums are pretty much near the maximum level of hate and discontent as it is.

Edited by Ertur, 04 November 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#265 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 04 November 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

nO....the problem is the humans not clever enough to UNCHECK the auto refill box. Has nothing to do with the MC part of the consumable prize.

no the problem is that that takes time that shouldn't be neccessary to do if it was cbill consumables.

#266 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

Oh no...having to accept personal responsibility and time management for playing a video game in which you were given something for free. Heavens... how will you adult on your own without supervision ?

#267 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

View PostErtur, on 04 November 2017 - 10:58 PM, said:

Let's play 'what if.'
What if people could sell their special get-a-load-of-cbills mechs? Then people will, invariably, accidentally start selling their special get-a-load-of-cbills mechs. So when the people call customer support they hear, "you're warned that it is irreversible, and so it is." Then the forums are full of hate and discontent*.

I don't see what the big deal is. If you get the stormcrow, you get a mech bay with it. It doesn't take up an existing slot. You should also earn enough MC to buy a mech bay, or just hold on to the MC for when the 2-for-1 mech bay sale rolls around again, probably around xmas.

*On second thought, I should say more so than usual. These forums are pretty much near the maximum level of hate and discontent as it is.

Lets go to a store offering samples of select product at a notable discount or free with some clearly defined time-sink activity...

How often can you get said store to exchange the earned product for one not part of the promotion?

Usual they even state clearly the "won" product is not exchangeable...

Edited by MovinTarget, 05 November 2017 - 09:25 AM.

#268 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

How often can you get the sale price for one item applied to a completely different item? Damned rarely, actually.
Now, you may be able to talk a store manager into giving you a promotional item discount on something that is cheaper -- MAYBE. But it'll be the manager not a worker doing it, the item you get will be cheaper than the promotional one, and it'll be a manual over-ride of the computer at checkout because computers are stupid.

#269 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, that bugs me. Why the hell do they have the exact same type of consummable available for both MC and C-Bills? That seems really sleazy.

#270 Tuebor

• PipPip
  • Subaltern
  • Subaltern
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:54 AM

great. i missed stiner vs davion because i misread the screwed up scheduled. i dont know why they didnt go with a succession war event for IS and a Pentagon war for the clans. would have saved a lot of confusion.

#271 Baltor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 05 November 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Yeah, that bugs me. Why the hell do they have the exact same type of consummable available for both MC and C-Bills? That seems really sleazy.

Probably two reasons:
1. So they can make money when someone buys consumeable with MC (=real money) instead of cbills.
2. Historic reason: Before skill tree, when we still had the modules and old pilot trees, the MC consumables were better than the basic cbill version until you invested GXP into pilot skills to upgrade the cbill version. With upgrades both MC and cbill version were identical. So the MC version allowed access to the the fully upgraded consumables without spending GXP.

#272 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 04 November 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

The problem is when you use up the MC consumables you have it will start draining from your MC more consumables if you dont monitor it / check it after every game / forget.

View PostDee Eight, on 04 November 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

^ This. Just uncheck the auto-refill. Unless you really need to be hand-held that much.

#273 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:17 PM

I dont NEED anything, I can do it but it is inconvenient, illogical and unesscessary

#274 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

*shrug* I don't use consumables.

#275 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 05 November 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

I dont NEED anything, I can do it but it is inconvenient, illogical and unesscessary

I dun really understand how a free thing can be inconvenient, illogical and unnecessary. If it's really that inconvenient, illogical and unnecessary, just put it aside and pretend you don't have it.

What you're describing is like me giving you a cuban cigar then you complaining to me why I didn't give you a cigar cutter and matches cuz a cuban cigar can't be lit otherwise, so having that cuban cigar is inconvenient, illogical and unnecessary to you, despite having gotten a free cuban cigar. Instead you complain I should have given you a normal ciggie cuz it's easier to light and fits in your existing ***-box.

Edited by arcana75, 06 November 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#276 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:50 AM

View Postarcana75, on 05 November 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

^ This. Just uncheck the auto-refill. Unless you really need to be hand-held that much.

I never used mc consumables since i started, ended up getting 4.5k MC in the skill tree refund. They may never do this again, but if they do.... just another reason to not touch mc consumables...

#277 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 06 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

stormcraw IS cristal MECH. dIES FAST.

#278 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

Just completed the QP 100 Bags of Loot. Skipped over the Faction Thing

#279 CL4M

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:06 AM

No tricks... thanks for dog tag though.

#280 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

I wasn't able to play a single faction warfare match against the Kuritas so far. And its not for a lack of trying, I have spent hours in the queue. Really nicely done PGI, holding these mid week must be amongst your more idiotic ideas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users