#41 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 November 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

would be a bit too harsh, Ed. de-incentivizing them via changing how Clan scoring is, however, would at least draw off a lot of the "I want to be IS with ClanTech" units, since they'd notice their match scores start dropping off because they're acting like us Stravag Freebirths, quineg? Posted Image

First off, Ed Steele is an IS free birth and now back to being a FWL loyalist, but other than that I mostly agree. The only problem I have with your statement is that Mercs who do not become Clan loyalists should be penalized, not Clan loyalists.

#42 donkey crevice

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts
  • LocationRedding Ca

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

Only reason to get it is for quick play ... It's to under gunned for invasion and is banned in scouting. If I pay cash for a mech it's going to be one I can use in faction warfare. I'll pick it up for C-bills.

#43 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 November 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Linebacker has less than half the podspace of the Night Gyr/Nova Cat but it seems to do just fine.

Folks said the same thing about the Linebacker but it still ended up being pretty solid.

yeah, i think it has potential. it'll almost certainly need some decent quirks, but i expect that it will get them since it's pretty much the same deal as the linebacker.

i'm looking forward to it, it'll be an interesting mech if nothing else.

#44 xXJ35T3RXx

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

Excellent artwork and camo design as always. Overtime the Hero version may replace the Splat-Crow, but for now another speedy little fast strike 'mech.

#45 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

So... only 12 ton pod-space on a mech as big as a stromcrow, with no quirks because clams OP?
Thanks, but no thanks!

I'm almost seeing posts in the future about how this mechs sucks, because you know, MASC on a 55 tonner won't help you avoid all those dual gauss shots!

The mech looks good though

Edited by Navid A1, 01 November 2017 - 06:22 PM.

#46 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

If I'm going to buy this `Mech.

I want the full compliment of each variants OmniPods. Not just half and then wait until August 7th to get the rest. I want the full measure. It's ridiculous! Why do we have to wait so long in order to get the Omnipods of each `Mech??

Ex: upon release date, I get the Prime, A & C variant Omnipods, but then I have to wait until the release for C-Bills on August 7th, in order for me to utilize the D and E variant Omnipods! Are you kidding me?!

I can understand that the Hero `Mech has exclusive rights to said pods, but really, PGI?!

#47 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

Mmmmmm Fast Stormcrow

#48 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostHawk819, on 01 November 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

I want the full compliment of each variants OmniPods. Not just half and then wait until August 7th to get the rest. I want the full measure. It's ridiculous! Why do we have to wait so long in order to get the Omnipods of each `Mech??

If they give access to the reinforcement mech omnipods for cbills at the mech's release then there'd be no reason for people to spend money on the reinforcements. It's simple marketing. If you want those omnipods then you have to pay for the convenience of having them before they're released for cbills. Personally I'd rather they just allow me to buy individual mechs for cash or group three up as a mech pack of my own choosing from the 5 non-hero variants.

Edited by Mikayshen, 01 November 2017 - 06:49 PM.

#49 Smokeviper

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

It's not like PGI made the mech up or anything, it's fast, it has a small amount of podspace and that's the way it is in cannon. Should be a fun mech. Threw some cash down.

Edited by Smokeviper, 01 November 2017 - 07:36 PM.

#50 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 November 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Linebacker has less than half the podspace of the Night Gyr/Nova Cat but it seems to do just fine.

Folks said the same thing about the Linebacker but it still ended up being pretty solid.

LBK was given god tier durability quirks, or did you forget that? It required those quirks to be durable enough to offset its lack of firepower. Also, realistically speaking, it didn't need the podspace of the Gyr to pose a threat. It needed enough pod space to be comparable to mechs its weight or similar. ~24 tons or so of pod space would be its sweet spot, ideally, but, hey, it also got some great armor quirks for the torsos.

Now, if they give the Lanner the same sort of quirks that, essentially, give it the durability of a 70 ton mech, then it might serve an actual purpose. A durable and fast mech with limited firepower. Because, right now, it's just fast and with limited firepower, no more or less durable than any other 55 ton clan mech would be. Certainly not going to be a small target at 55 tons.

Of course, that requires PGI to actually give the mech those quirks. It is a Clan mech, and they generally do not get major quirks. It also means the mech lives and dies off of those quirks, and if they get altered in the future, the mech's entire viability is suspect.

Yeah. Good luck with that.

#51 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 01 November 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

LBK was given god tier durability quirks, or did you forget that? It required those quirks to be durable enough to offset its lack of firepower. Also, realistically speaking, it didn't need the podspace of the Gyr to pose a threat. It needed enough pod space to be comparable to mechs its weight or similar. ~24 tons or so of pod space would be its sweet spot, ideally, but, hey, it also got some great armor quirks for the torsos.

Now, if they give the Lanner the same sort of quirks that, essentially, give it the durability of a 70 ton mech, then it might serve an actual purpose. A durable and fast mech with limited firepower. Because, right now, it's just fast and with limited firepower, no more or less durable than any other 55 ton clan mech would be. Certainly not going to be a small target at 55 tons.

Of course, that requires PGI to actually give the mech those quirks. It is a Clan mech, and they generally do not get major quirks. It also means the mech lives and dies off of those quirks, and if they get altered in the future, the mech's entire viability is suspect.

Yeah. Good luck with that.

It's going to need those kinds of quirks, or face being lackluster as a Medium. Or perhaps some kind of buff.

#52 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

Well, the obvious choice was obvious, congrats to all those who correctly predicted the Black Lanner's introduction. It does look awesome for sure stellar job the artwork PGI, but...once again I have to ask WHY ARE WE STILL GETTING 3-PACKS???? We haven't needed 3 of a mech to skill it up since the new skill tree was introduced about 5 MONTHS AGO! Its about time your marketing department "catch up" and let us buy single variants (you might even get more people buying with single variants because its less of an investment...and heck you could sell a "collectors edition" skin for each basic variant and give us REAL CHOICE for a change). I've bough just about every mechpack PGI has released in support of this game but honestly I see no reason to keep buying 3 of something now that I only need one (and typically will only use/skill up one). If I could buy a basic variant for say $7.00 (like you can with the resistance/origins/wave1/2/3 heroes) I likely would...If I could buy a "collectors skin" version of a basic variant for $10-$12.00 I would...If I could buy the hero by itself for $15.00 I would...but this tired old format of having to buy 3 for $20 and potentially having to spend more to get the one variant that you want to skill up (but still having to wait for cbill release to access more than one omnipod of the reinforcements even if you "buy now"), no thanks not anymore sorry PGI. Its a great looking mech, clans could certainly use another 55t option (specially if 55t limit for scouting is reinstated as it should be for both clans and IS) but I really don't need 3+ variants of anything anymore.

#53 Rushmoar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 266 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

The only real thing for me to coincided is the 11.5 tons of pod space. Is that enough for me to make a good build? Seems like it will be a missle and laser combo only mech.

#54 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

and MGs, Rush. it's got arms that'd fit well for MG boating, specially the hero's three-per

View PostYUyahoo, on 01 November 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

Well, the obvious choice was obvious, congrats to all those who correctly predicted the Black Lanner's introduction. It does look awesome for sure stellar job the artwork PGI, but...once again I have to ask WHY ARE WE STILL GETTING 3-PACKS???? We haven't needed 3 of a mech to skill it up since the new skill tree was introduced about 5 MONTHS AGO! Its about time your marketing department "catch up" and let us buy single variants (you might even get more people buying with single variants because its less of an investment...and heck you could sell a "collectors edition" skin for each basic variant and give us REAL CHOICE for a change). I've bough just about every mechpack PGI has released in support of this game but honestly I see no reason to keep buying 3 of something now that I only need one (and typically will only use/skill up one). If I could buy a basic variant for say $7.00 (like you can with the resistance/origins/wave1/2/3 heroes) I likely would...If I could buy a "collectors skin" version of a basic variant for $10-$12.00 I would...If I could buy the hero by itself for $15.00 I would...but this tired old format of having to buy 3 for $20 and potentially having to spend more to get the one variant that you want to skill up (but still having to wait for cbill release to access more than one omnipod of the reinforcements even if you "buy now"), no thanks not anymore sorry PGI. Its a great looking mech, clans could certainly use another 55t option (specially if 55t limit for scouting is reinstated as it should be for both clans and IS) but I really don't need 3+ variants of anything anymore.

you'd rather have to buy all the omnipods after the fact?

they're sold in three packs so people can try out diff variants. and if you're having trouble affording mech packs, your grocery and rent clearly are in trouble as well.

#55 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

noooooooooooo the more I look at this mech, the more I want to buy it.
I keep telling myself that I'll never buy another mechpack unless they come out with the conjurer or something, but then of course Alex has to be amazing at his job Posted Image
Is especially bad because good-looking clan mediums are my weakness
At this rate, I ought to call for a trial of grievance against the guy!

#56 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:50 PM

It looks like Shadow Cats big brother. More tons, faster, still a lot of same characterics.

#57 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:07 PM

IS pilots keep saying the scrow is OP. Totally not true. It's good. But to say it's tanky?? It's a 55 tonner with no armor quirks. And fire power? It can streakscrow with 5 missile hardpoints and it can party Crow. It has no dhs in the engine which is a major issue. It is by no means OP and very much inferior to the bushwhacker. Clan tonnage nerf is pre civil war and needs to be removed.

#58 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

Damn, this one is looking freaking awesome. The artwork is amazing. I even logged in to say it Posted Image Too bad I'm an IS loyalist and not gonna buy it Posted Image

Edited by GweNTLeR, 01 November 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#59 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 01 November 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

and MGs, Rush. it's got arms that'd fit well for MG boating, specially the hero's three-per

you'd rather have to buy all the omnipods after the fact?

they're sold in three packs so people can try out diff variants. and if you're having trouble affording mech packs, your grocery and rent clearly are in trouble as well.

When did I say I want to buy omnipods? That's right I didn't, but good try on the troll thing. Why do you assume people would have difficulty paying for anything just because they aren't "white knighting" the current format? Two troll attempts and two failures lol, ggclose!

#60 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

Nice, now we just need PGI to get rid of the tonnage joke in scouting and it might become more than a dust gatherer in the mech garage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users