Re

183 replies to this topic

#1 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

empty ?

Edited by Kong Fury, 15 November 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#2 Stahlherz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:03 AM

People say that because we had a solo Q in CW. It didn't work back then. And we had more players at that time playing CW.

Why would we enforce a queue for antisocial pilots anyway?

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:05 AM

Would literally probably work better to just have FW maps/modes available in QP to choose and to require grouping up to play FW.

#4 Relixander

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Sigh....
Its a team game. Even Solo QP is suppose to have teamwork FFS. Plenty of games out there with absolutely no teamwork, interaction, or social aspects of any kind, find one, cause MWO ain't it.

Edited by Relixander, 03 November 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

View PostStahlherz, on 03 November 2017 - 06:03 AM, said:

People say that because we had a solo Q in CW. It didn't work back then. And we had more players at that time playing CW.

well it didnt work because:

1. buckets
2. everyone was playing scouting
3. freelancer was poorly designed
4. long tom
5. events

with all this going down i dont think this was a viable test. in effect we have never had a true split queue in fp. a couple days of testing while everyone was either playing the first new game mode in months or fleeing to qp because of the long tom is not a viable test. the best time to test the split queue is when nothing is going on. without any major revisions or new features skewing the results. that said with the current population a hard split would not work at all.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 November 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#6 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

It didn't matter if they had a solo bucket or not. They attempted that and it failed. Players who don't learn to read what players have been pointing out on how to get good in Faction and refuse to learn those ropes that we provided, your not going to have a good time in faction play period. I've had friends from various units who have repeatedly told ya all on the forums on how to get good and you guys just flatly refuse to do it.

I don't go ***** around in a LRM boat on sulfurous rift defense or sit around by the cannon, I don't give enemies leeway passing through gates and neither do the teams I play with would allow that. If I'm with a team, will setup by the gate and not give enemies leeway like pugs do.

#7 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:44 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 November 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

Would literally probably work better to just have FW maps/modes available in QP to choose and to require grouping up to play FW.

Keep the QP with respawn pilots where they belong, OUT of CW.

Let them go play peek a boo clubbing farm fest in their own special playground.

#8 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

View PostStrange Love, on 03 November 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

will be nice to balance the game for solo players that dont want to join with others just to survive another drop zone farming by 12 men.

p.s - we pugs.. prefer ghosts over 12 trolls

They why didn't you pay attention to the warning message you saw? It told you what to expect and warned you what experiences and mechs you should have.

You have the experience? Have the mechs?

No?

Then what did you expect dropping solo in a group/unit queue? Think your peek a boo alpha QP "tactics" would carry you in CW?

They don't.

You are not ready for CW, sorry to say.

Stick to QP until you are ready to play as part of a team, until then, you will be a solo seal and only YOU can change that.

#9 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:47 AM

OP, I as a pug want a fight, not a molly-coddling session .
If you drop in CW it´s inadvertantly the deep end of a teeming shark pool, and them sharks are vigorous, you even get warned when entering CW for the first time .

Just stop bringing QP derpery to CW, it massively helps having the right tools at hand with dealing with even organised enemies .
Furthermore, I find your dismissal of organising any sort of teamwork via the "standard tools" (aka VoIP, TS, Discord, etc.) highly offputting and very much revealing .
If you don´t want to teamplay, then maybe stick to games that have less emphasis on teamwork, this one has an emphasis on teamwork that should really stop getting ignored .

Teamwork is OP and best thing about it, is that it cannot be nerfed, it just can be lead ad absurdum by players that do not want to participate in said teamworking process . Don´t be that guy, working together can be really funny and less of a chore than most of you "anti-organisers" would be able to imagine .
Or how much of a chore is it to hop onta a TS (let´s say 420,228,EVIL,JGx,MS,77BW,,Hhod,12DG,TCAF,etc.) and ask if there was an open spot for a solo . It ain´t , lemme tell you that much up front .
All of the units I played with so far (<3 y´all, even if you gotta get nerfed :P ) were friendly, open and extremely helpful to my solo-pugging self .

Try it out, it´s so very easy and extremely furthering enjoyment of playing that I cannot imagine why there are still so many people being against dropping as a solo with units ... I mean, they don´t demand your firstborns, they don´t bite and they don´t even want you to join them ... can´t be much better than that .

Comparing splitting queues to joining a TS, I´d always join a TS before doing something quite as harmful to the already small playerpool like splitting queues .
Basically, a no-brainer in my book, but hey ... your book could easily read entirely different or don´t even have any writing in it at all, who knoweth ^^

Think about it ...

#10 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

View PostStrange Love, on 04 November 2017 - 05:04 AM, said:

tnx dude .. but i play this game from day 1 .. i was first 3 times in faction play leader board (change names)

i just saying that as a pug i found it sad that you see 12 men that cant play alone so they group up with team speak to avoid real players and look only the easy one with friends list help .. i found it sad that pgi mix solo players with trolls thats all.
wish pgi made a lobby without trolls that just click -W and using legs and team speak as main weapon vs pugs and new players..

o7

If it were like you said you would know that PGI tried 2 Queues in FP 2 times already and both times it failed because of the lack of a playerbase which is big enough to keep short waiting times.

But you are right, it would be better for all if we had groups and soloplayers divided. But unfortunately it doesn't work.

I'm just curious, I know most of the good players, what was your other nickname?

Edited by Bishop Six, 04 November 2017 - 05:59 AM.

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:09 AM

Lack of population would not allow said setup to happen, not in its current settings. And whether it is one bucket or several buckets all that would happen would be sync dropping. Before the Battle Luthien event, what you are encountering is what IS have been encountering when most of the merc units are on Clan side. You will notice that each session has ended in a Clan win or a tie but no IS wins, and the IS map has been reflecting that.

Now, with that said, that does not mean PGI could not ENHANCE it by setting up a "matchmaker" to flag units and co-ops of 8+ with refined options to slightly extended search times looking for another unit/co-op of 8+ before filling the other side w/smaller groups/pugs. Even adding additional options, ie a unit/co-op check mark they are aimed at FP instead of group queue, with banners/notices x-amount of unit/co-ops are waiting/forming up for FP drops, etc. to add more visibility to all.

1st. A more solid in-game messaging system, something that does not require being in the same unit or on friend's list.

2nd. FP chat lobbies that can viewed. When a "pug" drops with a sub-12man co-op and they want to hook up, they can be directed to which room it is.

3rd. Add a search tool that would allow someone to see which lobby (bar/launchpad/deck) a person is in.

4th. Of course the eject/ignore/silence options.

On the other hand, PGI can not force players to bring a good drop deck, force them to work as a team, etc. At the moment several merc units have gone IS, making for some interesting matches. Then having a top full Clan unit get spanked several times by a co-op of players from elite/veteran units/mercs who brought excellent load outs, using the tonnage provided them and used that Clan unit predicted lineup against them, essentially kiting their brawling, short-range builds, which they had used so often with glee to crush IS pugs and spawn camp as the 2nd wave drops...which said unit drops into Scouting instead of FP....

And for me when dropping with pugs, there is a huge difference between having the 1st wave blown through then spawned camped for the 2nd and 3rd waves before IS pugs wears down 1st wave, to being spawn camped on the 3rd or 4th wave. Considering MWO does not have a huge population in general and when on some nights there MIGHT BE 8-12 dozen co-ops dropping in FP, why do those leader believe that just because they can as PGI allows for it, that it is a good idea to smash said pugs from the onset with all 12 men? There are times it can not be helped but when 90% of the drops are like that, what good does it really do for the game?

And no, I do not expect things to continue since as merc units, they change contracts and many will rotate back to Clans in a week or two for a change in scenery. Again, the low, active overall population, even more so for FP, makes itself felt when contracts do change.

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:13 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 04 November 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

If it were like you said you would know that PGI tried 2 Queues in FP 2 times already and both times it failed because of the lack of a playerbase which is big enough to keep short waiting times.

But you are right, it would be better for all if we had groups and soloplayers divided. But unfortunately it doesn't work.

I'm just curious, I know most of the good players, what was your other nickname?

Before the name change it appears to have been Bios303 and before that bioscmos303 Of course this could also be an alternate account too.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 November 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#13 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:35 AM

View PostStahlherz, on 03 November 2017 - 06:03 AM, said:

Go on tell them why it didn't work.

OK I WILL

Coz then we had 7 buckets , and adding a solo que made it 14 buckets and no one could get a game.
lasted about a week.

Now that we got less buckets it could work.
Except the CW group que would go dark coz no solo's to hunt.

Edit: IMO CW is in the state its in coz this wasnt done when they reduced buckets too two.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 04 November 2017 - 06:47 AM.

#14 Cox Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:09 AM

View PostStrange Love, on 04 November 2017 - 05:04 AM, said:

i was first 3 times in faction play leader board (change names)

Loken Ten! Is it you? Hello, buddy! Posted Image

#15 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 04 November 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

They why didn't you pay attention to the warning message you saw? It told you what to expect and warned you what experiences and mechs you should have.

You have the experience? Have the mechs?

No?

Then what did you expect dropping solo in a group/unit queue? Think your peek a boo alpha QP "tactics" would carry you in CW?

They don't.

You are not ready for CW, sorry to say.

Stick to QP until you are ready to play as part of a team, until then, you will be a solo seal and only YOU can change that.

1. I'm doing great(watch the pic - 25 kmdds 1 game ..etc)
2. just want to help making the game better for new players or other players that have life and don't play 24/7 with groups
3. I have killed you so many times
4. you should start thinking about others like new players
Posted Image

#16 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostCox Devalis, on 04 November 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Loken Ten! Is it you? Hello, buddy! Posted Image

think harder troll .. harder... and try it with out aim bot Posted Image

Edited by Strange Love, 04 November 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#17 Cox Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostStrange Love, on 04 November 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

think harder troll .. harder... and try it with out aim bot Posted Image

You call me a troll? You, who's playing from the first day, being in the top of the CW list and creating two similar topics of the "I missed the opening FP greeting" level? Showing us your best result with ERLL Supernova sitting in the far butt beating the seals on Alpines. And then comes "aimbot" like all the bad players say. Is it me who's really trolling now? Posted Image

#18 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:45 PM

i think my biggest issue with fp right now is that it is so damn dead most of the time. any features that give me more seals to club more games would be the best thing to hit fp since phase 4.

#19 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

Just shut down FP for Solos and small units. Everyone participating should at least be a member of a unit with minimum 12 players. If they are not all available at every time, ok, field a lance. If not, get social, grow more friends. No entry for solo players or one-man units.

That would really show, what FaP's being worth for the units who got gud.

#20 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostCox Devalis, on 04 November 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

You call me a troll? You, who's playing from the first day, being in the top of the CW list and creating two similar topics of the "I missed the opening FP greeting" level? Showing us your best result with ERLL Supernova sitting in the far butt beating the seals on Alpines. And then comes "aimbot" like all the bad players say. Is it me who's really trolling now? Posted Image

wow you pissed .. sry dude ...hope u get better soon and also find real life o7 god speed

the point is to make the game better for all of us, no need to take it out here dude
IS CLAN we all players just trying to make the drops more interesting

p.s .. about sit at the back with erll and all that .. sry I'm not like you having 11 pro players from evil to hold my hand like you do when farming pugs . and I also had lurms .. but my lrms are on front more then you ever been o7

Edited by Strange Love, 04 November 2017 - 03:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users