Farming Must Be Stoped !

196 replies to this topic

#21 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

Hey, Strange Love. These guys are right, in premise. There's always power in numbers, and coordination is a force multiplier. If you want to drop with more players, add me on MWO. Same as my name on forums. I run with Clan Widowmaker these days, and there's a good number of us. So hit me up, and I'll see if we can fix your solo Invasion drop problem!

#22 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:15 PM

Cleaned up, please behave and discuss on a constructive level

#23 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Woop, got to see the memes before clean up.

#24 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 04 November 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Pretty successful so far in making FaP the barren wasteland that it is outside of bribe... err.. event times. Keep up the good work!

Except it did work. For the first 2 years of FW the complaint was "big units were too powerful" because there was 6+ units with 300-600 active players and countless units with 30-150 players.

We, all of us in units in FW, did exactly thats. Thousands and thousands of players did it. They didn't leave because.... what, they were stomping themselves?

No. They left because it was just QP with a fancy, meaningless leaderboard and all the depth and complexity they were promised never showed up and IS/Clan balance was crap and being a loyalist was punished vs being a merc.

The problem is that we, as in thousands and thousands of players, DID group up and Got Gud. Everything that all the current crop of pugs say is just impossible and too hard and unfair, we all did it. We created dozens of TS servers, we learned to group up with mixed teams and pugs and we learned to call drops and all of that.

The problem is that PGI didn't do anything to make it worthwhile for most of us so we quit.

Which is why we all trash talk about the current "teamwork OP Exploit Haxxx. Nerf Teamwork!"

It's like saying a 12 minute mile is virtually impossible and nobody should have to do that... to be able to compete successfully in an Iron Man competition. In reality 95% of people who participate in an Iron Man would say a 12 minute mile means you stopped to take a nap and need to get your **** together -

And they would still say that they are a long way from being "Pro" competitors.

We all did it. Thousands and thousands. The problem was never group up and Git Gud. Thats stupidly easy. It was Why Play.

#25 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, Mischief. I was in the same boat a lot of these players were in when I first started about 4 years ago. I would honestly like to start something to give them a resource to band together and learn how to play like I did. It's one thing to learn how to become a better player, but it's something else when you can actually contribute to the newer players and the less experienced to learn how to perform better in matches and such.

#26 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 November 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Except it did work.
[…]
The problem is that PGI didn't do anything to make it worthwhile for most of us so we quit.
[…]
We all did it. Thousands and thousands. The problem was never group up and Git Gud. Thats stupidly easy. It was Why Play.

That's so great to hear! Were did you all go, execept the forums?

#27 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 04 November 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

I put in months of work in my modding hobbies, grinded some in WoTB, replayed the stories in some old games, and hung out on the forums here and on steam trying to show people the way of the meta, usually leading to people telling me facts are toxic or something like that.

We aren't all chained to only playing battletech related games. The lack of people willing to improve here is disheartening for me and drives me to more competitive games or, with the states of online gaming mimicking this trend across many games now, to single player games.

#28 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,788 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

could do a drop by lance system. 12 mans get busted down to lances if theres not at least an 8 man to go agains. want to drop 12, then balance out the damn populations.

though this would bring pugs back it would probably make units leave. we need something thats a win-win for everyone. split queue is more of a loose-loose because it will really reduce the rate of match formation.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 November 2017 - 04:47 PM.

#29 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostGunfighter89, on 04 November 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

Yeah, Mischief. I was in the same boat a lot of these players were in when I first started about 4 years ago. I would honestly like to start something to give them a resource to band together and learn how to play like I did. It's one thing to learn how to become a better player, but it's something else when you can actually contribute to the newer players and the less experienced to learn how to perform better in matches and such.

We need some sort of lobby system. We need a way to help new players get in to groups. Davion was great for that, the hub was easy and had tons of newbie friendly people around 24x7. That needs to be the sort of onboarding all newbies have.

#30 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 04 November 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

Several other games. When PGI made it clear the originally promised content would never come and dots meant nothing people went to ARK, Pillars of Eternity, For Honor, 7 Days to Die, Warframe, etc etc.

Remember when it was "big units are ruining FW"? CWI, HHOD, MS, 420, 228, many others who would fill 4-6 12mans for 24x7.

Then the Long Nothing of FW 2, Long Tom and 1 Bukkit/No More Factions in Faction Warfare and.... whoosh. Everyone left.

#31 MaoutheGreat

• PipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

If PGI honestly saw something wrong with spawn farming they would have done something to prevent it on all maps by now. It's honestly just a part of combat.

#32 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:13 PM

@Lord Nothing: Yeah, man. I can't think of anything that wouldn't impact the queue times negatively. Maybe a solo faction queue, and a group faction queue; restricted to even number for easier group matching? I dunno. It's something I've thought over. You're still gonna have units that are going to sync-drop like in quick play. No real easy answer there...

Edited by Gunfighter89, 04 November 2017 - 05:19 PM.

#33 Syso69

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

Had a few drops versus clanner premades in random IS teams today, some we lost, still nobody was salty bout facing 12 man.
Take it easy, seal clubbing happens.

P.S. Played over 2 years on Clan side, It's easier to farm damage since IS has way more structure & armor.

Edited by Syso88, 04 November 2017 - 05:25 PM.

#34 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

@MaouTheGreat Yeah, I wish there was a system to prevent it. But if there was a "no-go" zone, would it encourage base camping? Because I have some games in invasion where some players almost never leave the drop zone due to their loadout choices: such as dedicated LRM mechs. Maybe if there was a time limit to how long you could remain within it? Not entirely sure what the answer is there.

#35 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

View PostGunfighter89, on 04 November 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

@Lord Nothing: Yeah, man. I can't think of anything that wouldn't impact the queue times negatively. Maybe a solo faction queue, and a group faction queue; restricted to even number for easier group matching? I dunno. It's something I've thought over. You're still gonna have units that are going to sync-drop like in quick play. No real easy answer there...

Sync dropping would happen if you meant to or not. If there's only 30 people on one side and 12 are in the same unit they're going to fill the same drops almost completely.

What we need is respawn/maps/modes available in QP. The people who just want to casual pug the environment can do so without worry about the consequences, you've got a matchmaker, etc.

Why mess up FP. It just makes more problems.

#36 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

I was in Faction Warfare since day one, November 2014, when it was called Community Warfare.

I dropped as a member of a unit, in 12-mans. I dropped with Clan Wolf International, I dropped with Mercenary Star, I dropped with Death and Company, 228th, Zito's Mom, Raptor 79th Talons, Skye Rangers of Terra, Ebon Keshik, Exiled Keshik, Smoke Adders, 420M, Star Wolves, and Kell's Commandos.

You know what all these entities have in commons? They're units.

I have pugged for maybe 1 match, and even then, it was with unit members in a 3-man.

I have never otherwise pugged in FW. Why? Because it's suicide. FW originally was intended for units only. It is played better as a member of a unit, with a unit, as part of a team.

Teamwork will never ever be nerfed, and it is what determines a win versus a loss. Not the mechs, not the tech, not the weapons, the pilots and their ability to play as members of a team.

If you don't like that, then join a unit, and play as a team.

Edited by Commander A9, 04 November 2017 - 05:55 PM.

#37 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Only you can prevent forest fires farming! There is no Matchmaker in Faction Play, you're your own matchmaker, i.e. putting together your own team of skilled pilots.

#38 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

@MischiefSC True that. As I said, implementing any sort of matchmaking system in FP would negatively impact wait times, in my opinion. It's just that I've seen a lot of people complain about being matched up against units when they're solo. When I solo in faction, if I drop against a unit, I welcome the challenge. It's like seeing how long you can stand up against overwhelming odds. It tests your skill and your wit. I've had games where I was on the losing side, but managed 2k+ damage against teams like EVIL with brawling mechs. Then again, I can be a bit of a masochist. Posted Image

Edited by Gunfighter89, 04 November 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#39 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

If only there was some warning that FW was for coordinated groups and you needed a deck of good mechs to play.

If you had that then people would have to acknowledge that to play it. I mean if someone saw that and then opted to play it anyway what sort of nimrod would they be if, in fact, it turned out that it was focused on coordinated groups and you needed a good deck to play and they said that was unfair.

We need a warning like that.

#40 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 November 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Only you can prevent forest fires farming! There is no Matchmaker in Faction Play, you're your own matchmaker, i.e. putting together your own team of skilled pilots.

That's exactly what we've told them.

PGI won't stop 'farming;' only people who organize enough to stop the initial push will prevent farming of the DZ.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users