#41 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 04 November 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

I was in Faction Warfare since day one, November 2014, when it was called Community Warfare.

I dropped as a member of a unit, in 12-mans. I dropped with Clan Wolf International, I dropped with Mercenary Star, I dropped with Death and Company, 228th, Zito's Mom, Raptor 79th Talons, Skye Rangers of Terra, Ebon Keshik, Exiled Keshik, Smoke Adders, 420M, Star Wolves, and Kell's Commandos.

You know what all these entities have in commons? They're units.

I have pugged for maybe 1 match, and even then, it was with unit members in a 3-man.

I have never otherwise pugged in FW. Why? Because it's suicide. FW originally was intended for units only. It is played better as a member of a unit, with a unit, as part of a team.

Teamwork will never ever be nerfed, and it is what determines a win versus a loss. Not the mechs, not the tech, not the weapons, the pilots and their ability to play as members of a team.

If you don't like that, then join a unit, and play as a team.

CW actually started in mid December 14. I was one of the testers which I think started in late October and ran thru December. Its the only reason I would remember something like that.

Being a captain/helper or whatever I was in Mercstar was a lot of fun back before (((phase 3))). I joined Mercstar because facing them was a pain in the butt and I didn't have a CW unit. Ohh man those were the days. I also miss NKVA shenanigans and the overall rivalries in general.

Never imagined CW would end up like this.

You can't even horseplay a tiny bit in the forums without the (((mods))) swooping and deleting stuff. There was nothing here that was 1/10th what NKVA was doing. Probably the reason they renamed it from Community Warfare to Faction Play, a part of coddling fragile players..

Whatever, the mode is mostly dead to me, I will show up for a free mech but thats pretty much it.

#42 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

View PostGunfighter89, on 04 November 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

@MaouTheGreat Yeah, I wish there was a system to prevent it. But if there was a "no-go" zone, would it encourage base camping? Because I have some games in invasion where some players almost never leave the drop zone due to their loadout choices: such as dedicated LRM mechs. Maybe if there was a time limit to how long you could remain within it? Not entirely sure what the answer is there.

Armchair developing cant save CW. I come up with ideas like everyone else, mostly bad, and PGI ignores it. Good. Player councils are really bad and have proven so. It's all up to PGI smarts to create quality product. With this much time dragging on since Dec 14 and since the phase 3 Disaster in April 16, lets just say don't hold your breath.

#43 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

Me too :(

#44 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Remove solos from que, require all people dropping in fw to be teir 3 or higher, and insert some tools that make build sharing and map strategy something you can communicate with in client tools, while between or prior too, a drop.

You will now have all the tools required to succeed in fw, and more can participate on a more equal footing.

Bonus if pgi can give players the ability to penalize people who refuse to coordinate, as those players are as cancerous as hackers.

#45 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Yes, we do need to excavate a series of layers into the rock that is CW, specifically into the shape of step-like shapes.

Edited by Catten Hart, 04 November 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#46 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

Have you tried running a 12 man? That could help.

so your solution to stop farming is to form a 12man and farm other pugs?

thats not a solution

the only real solution is seperate buckets for pugs and groups

Remove solos from que

yeah then you lose like 90% of people that play FW

have fun with your ghost drops

another terrible idea

FW needs to increase how many people play it, not significantly reduce it even more.

if anything the contract bonuses need to pay out regardless of whether you win or lose to incentivize more solos playing FW.

Edited by Khobai, 04 November 2017 - 06:44 PM.

#47 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostKhobai, on 04 November 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

thats not a solution

If everyone is working in 12 man units working and putting in an effort to work together and win and no one is out pugging without trying to coordinate then there's no farming.

#48 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

If everyone is working in 12 man units working and putting in an effort to work together and win and no one is out pugging without trying to coordinate then there's no farming.

I like your candyland utopian dream of how things should be

but thats all it is. a dream. its not reality.

you will not get everyone to join groups or units. 90% of people play solo.

if you try to force them into groups or units they will simply go back to quickplay which will result in longer wait times and more ghost drops in FW.

the reality is FW needs to embrace solo players not treat them like theyre second class citizens.

That means seperate buckets for solos and groups. And better rewards, you should get contract bonuses regardless of win or loss.

Edited by Khobai, 04 November 2017 - 06:50 PM.

#49 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

View PostKhobai, on 04 November 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

thats not a solution

another terrible idea

FW needs to increase how many people play it, not significantly reduce it even more.

if anything the contract bonuses need to pay out regardless of whether you win or lose to incentivize more solos playing FW.

They tried that already and rolled it back in 24 hours because only the unit players were finding matches.

#50 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

They tried that already and rolled it back in 24 hours because only the unit players were finding matches.

24 hours does not constitute a "try"

plus they didnt implement my other suggestions

1) better rewards. contract payouts even on a loss. better rewards means more people will play FW.

2) seperate buckets for pugs and groups. but if you have a half-filled pug game and a half-filled unit/group game and neither can find a match, you have a release valve open, that allows pugs and groups to play. thats still preferable to a ghost drop.

Edited by Khobai, 04 November 2017 - 06:57 PM.

#51 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

View PostKhobai, on 04 November 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

I like your candyland utopian dream of how things should be

but thats all it is. a dream. its not reality.

you will not get everyone to join groups or units. 90% of people play solo.

if you try to force them into groups or units they will simply go back to quickplay which will result in longer wait times and more ghost drops in FW.

the reality is FW needs to embrace solo players not treat them like theyre second class citizens.

That means seperate buckets for solos and groups. And better rewards, you should get contract bonuses regardless of win or loss.

They already mostly go to solo queue. Faction Warfare, originally named *Community Warfare*, is supposed to be a team based endgame content zone between high skilled groups. In short it was only ever really supposed to be around 10% of the community playing it in general while players who weren't competitive would sit around in quickplay and grind up to the point where they want to test their skills.

PGI never really finished the job on the whole "endgame content" part, resulting in the target player base mostly just leaving the game, especially after PGI repeatedly tried to cater to those pugs, resulting in large penalties to the large units that were recruiting new players and keeping the mode alive. PGI even tried to split the queues and only found that the solo queue that was so commonly asked for for all the people who didn't want to join a unit was so dead that they couldn't get matches while the unit player queue was a dream.

PGI should have just let the whiners whine until they leave on their own or git gud instead of targeting the players who were actually bringing more players into the mode instead of driving people away from it with whining.

#52 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

They already mostly go to solo queue. Faction Warfare, originally named *Community Warfare*, is supposed to be a team based endgame content zone between high skilled groups

When you can conjure up enough units/groups to keep faction warfare running without pugs, then we can make it for teams only.

But yes the target playgroup has mostly left the game. pugs are mostly whats left now.

Thats why FW needs to adapt to benefit those who play it the most now: pugs. because the units/groups that left arnt coming back.

The whole idea of FW being for units/groups only needs to change.

Edited by Khobai, 04 November 2017 - 07:03 PM.

#53 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

Want to know what one problem is?

Pugs act like pugs by choice.

So do unit players.

Outside of game mechanics, the situations regarding farming are manufactured by players - both those who perpetrate it, and those who allow themselves to be farmed.

When you hide in your drop zone, when you try to take shots from your drop zone, when you refuse to push into the enemy base, or when you disconnect before the first shot is even fired, deliberately, farming happens.

#54 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

View PostDaidachi, on 04 November 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

I would like to know why you think you should be rewarded for not operating in a group, given the multiple resources out there for people in your position?

Because quite frankly, I'm not taking any of your complaints seriously.

Because if a lot of players want to play solo, and PGI doesn't do anything to make that fun for them, they quit playing.

That's a terribad business model.

#55 Syso69

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Here is idea how to protect DZ from skilled teams: each team gets asssault tanks VTOLs LRM carriers & infantry defensive lines around their bases, this will help losing & passive team to deal with base rush & will add variety & little details to MWO as well.

#56 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

View Postnaterist, on 04 November 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

Remove solos from que, require all people dropping in fw to be teir 3 or higher, and insert some tools that make build sharing and map strategy something you can communicate with in client tools, while between or prior too, a drop.

You will now have all the tools required to succeed in fw, and more can participate on a more equal footing.

Bonus if pgi can give players the ability to penalize people who refuse to coordinate, as those players are as cancerous as hackers.

In other words, cut 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the player base out of the game mode most of them want to play. Great business plan. PGI should be bankrupt within a year of that.

Alternatively, they could change up FW so it's fun for everyone. I know. Crazy idea...

#57 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

Could bring back Long Tom and have it drop on the spawn points if they're being camped - if PGI is REALLY that desperate. XD

Even if it was, it won't stop it, because then the 'farmers' will just pick a grid in view of the spawn and put fire on the spawn from there.

Edited by Commander A9, 04 November 2017 - 07:59 PM.

#58 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

it'll keep happening until there's a matchmaker, tbh

so, it'll keep happening forever

#59 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

It'll keep happening even WITH a matchmaker.

#60 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

eh, not nearly as often though

stomps like you see in FP only happen cause groups with wildly different win expectancies get dropped against one another; a decent matchmaker should prevent this from happening in most cases

but, PGI have decided it's "hardcore" not to have a matchmaker I guess, and enough of the community fancies themselves "hardcore" that they've convinced themselves it's a good thing. So we'll probably never get one, despite it being the expected practice in basically every other 'competitive' game that exists

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users