Kills For Bills! Qp And Fp Events!

145 replies to this topic

#21 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

Strange things happen in scouting today - more often than not people take proper mechs. Cuz in previous event it was atm/lrm huntsmans and novas with about a hundred lasers and other weird stuff.

#22 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Skillz for killz Agent...

#23 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

Any particular reason this wasn't up last night? You know, Friday night, beginning of the weekend?

Disappointing you chose to hold up a middle finger to Oceania Region once again. I have seen responses from your staff when this was pointed out in the past. I know plenty of you know about this.

#24 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

View PostStink Bug, on 10 November 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Nice event, simple but with compelling enough rewards. Any know what the exact criteria for a solo kill is?
KMDD + Killing Blow

#25 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

Would be nice if this started on Oceania prime time. I know its hard to set a timer and we are a tiny minority of the player base but you know. We get the same treatment with all games. Just make the Events go a little longer, make everyone happy. Bruno my 5 cents

#26 KingJoo

• PipPip
  • Go-cho
  • Go-cho
  • 34 posts
  • LocationThe air hurts my face, canada

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Nice and simple, thanks PGI! Looking forward to playing through the fp challenges tomorrow while staving off the urge to spend my qp winnings :)

#27 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

I'm seeing a lot more tonnage on the field than usual, meaning my Lynxes are racking up KMDDs like nobody's business - because I'm aggressive and know how to pilot my 'mech - but missing out on the Kills because teammates are dealing that last bit of damage or the Reds are overheating themselves. Now I can understand the Kill Stealing because there's event going on and everyone wants a shiny. The overheating thing needs to be considered seriously though. Not just now but in general - something like a suicide by overheating while still taking damage counts the kill to the KMDDer or something. I lose ammo, armor, and heat to take down a target and lose the kill because s/he can't manage heat. Not cool.

All said, a lovely event. I'm a huge fan of these smaller, more frequent events. Now about Koshigeddon... ;)

#mistlynx4life

#28 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:21 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

KMDD is bugged or would have used it.

Still bugged?..... Than what about X amount of DMG?... Solo Kill is only good for distrupt team work... and about the third worst choise for an Event goal.. ... after "Play XY map" and "Win-Survíve"...

#29 Wuffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:02 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 11 November 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

Still bugged?..... Than what about X amount of DMG?... Solo Kill is only good for distrupt team work... and about the third worst choise for an Event goal.. ... after "Play XY map" and "Win-Survíve"...

Just had the same thought. Kinda frustrating to score 5 KMDDs in my pretty Cicada, but only one killing blow.

I am wondering whether jumping in front of team mates with increased rear armor might be a good way to do the challenge ^^

Edited by Wuffel, 11 November 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#30 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:59 AM

Matt, you have to change these solokills..

dropping with friends into scouting is okay, because you can "shuffle" it around a bit.
dropping solo to get those solos is an absolute nightmare. the selfishness and chaos is even worse than usual; to the point that people drop in troll-mechs just to ruin it even more.
no fun.. :-/

#31 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:04 AM

Nice event, nice rewards.

Sure I'm having major problems getting solo kills but I won't complain, no event should be too trivial so it won't be worth doing.

#32 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:29 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 11 November 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

Nice event, nice rewards.

Sure I'm having major problems getting solo kills but I won't complain, no event should be too trivial so it won't be worth doing.

it's not about it being "too trivial", it's about the toxic atmosphere it creates.

examples:
-we all are not too worried about the red-guy in front of us that's about to die - it's "how can I shield him from the 11 blue vultures behind me"
-ppl running in, yolo style to get a solo, ofc die and the game is already favoured to go in 1 direction.
-scouting: guys running locusts. on protect. once the other 3 guys are dead, the locust is trying to get a few kills out of that pile of ***** that could have been a close game.

all in all terrible games with things that should not happen. especially in a team-game. especially² in a team-mode in a team-game.

pls encourage teamplay pgi - we could use more of it. don't encourage egoistical-nonsense with solos - we already have too much of that.

#33 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:12 AM

I will echo everyone elses concerns about Solo Kill being the qualifying factor on the best rewards this event has. It goes contrary to how everyone wants to play this Team based game.

I just did a scouting match where we won 4-0 and i realized i was mad because the mech i was working on got killed by a teammate at the last sec... i did all the work and didn't get the Solo Kill. Shouldn't matter but it enraged me.

#34 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:20 AM

I very much enjoyed the additional team play that was generated when 'lance in formation' and 'protect nnn' were event requirements. More of this if possible please Matt.

#35 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:56 AM

just had a 12:4 game;
did 700+
did 106 team-damage.

non of that 106 was intentional, but ppl running into my firing lines like crazy. going for that kill like madmen, blocking "the team" on purpose, no comms, etc.
12:4 and yet everybody feels grumpy.

this ain't no fun. I'm quitting mwo for a few hours to cool off. again: pls get rid of those effing solo-kills, it's VERY toxic for the game.

*and actually, I'd prefer a 'bugged' KMDD over ...this.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 11 November 2017 - 06:23 AM.

#36 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 November 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

Me to me: Is nobody picking up the strong Kill Bill theme with the event here?
Also Me: I have no idea what you meme.

Allow me to clarifiy, Matt #2:

Though...

I'm a little conflicted, I don't want to kill c-bills... just Bill...

Though (pt. 2)...

I'm not the bride, so I guess I'm more flexible...

Edited by MovinTarget, 11 November 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

And then I showed up... :mellow:

Sorry Matt, but I thought you had painted that Phoenix Hawk in GOLD to signify all those happy earnings to come. :blink:

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

KMDD is bugged or would have used it.

That's weird... KMDD seemed to be working for me the last time you used it. In fact, the only thing that wasn't working was mixing types of actions such as "Kills or KMDDs", where there was a bug that then made the Kills not count. Did something else get bugged behind the scenes? :(

As for me, I thought I was taking some rest for a few days after the last Event. But, thanks to something leaving me in pain overnight and this Event kicking off that I really could use the Rewards from, I guess I'm stuck diving in. I had really wanted to avoid activating these bloody '5 Days of Active Premium Time' from the Previous Event until I could really use them. Sadly, someone out there seems bent on making sure some of that will go to waste, preying on the player base. -_-

Worse, I'm also noticing some "Pressure Cooker" effect on the Time Limits on this Event. I have to wonder, "What's up with that?", as I stare down at trying to land '20 Solo Kill' in total within 4 days. If that was '20 KMDD', I would have no issue. But trying to force that many 'Solo Kill' causes Anti-Team Behaviors that I really loathe. I've already encountered too many stealing kills that should have been mine, where the other person could have just enjoyed the KMDD. <_<

So, factoring for only the more technical bits, and not my personal feelings otherwise from the timing of the Event or the failed attempt at a meme... I'm thinking this would receive a Review Rating of...

8.0/10

... as it just needs work. :unsure:

~D. V. "Unfortunately, it was almost perfect..." Devnull

#38 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:59 AM

Usually i get kills in every matches, at least one! sometimes more, but today i didn't get any kills at all in my first 7 matches, then i adjusted my play style against my principle to be more selfish Posted Image and in the next few matches got 9 kills and 6 solo kills!Posted Image but i'm not having that much fun like always i play a game.
I whish it was KMDD instead of solo kills.Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 12 November 2017 - 01:14 AM.

#39 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

hard to get solo when they kill them self

#40 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

Oh... a little too subtle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users