• 570 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 14 November 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

Wait! Why saz the event page:

1D20H30M

???

IT IS EXTENDED or WHAT?

???

Yes it seems the whiny kids got their will.

#123 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

I don't know why people were shunning lights during the event. I managed to complete all my QP solo kills in my Javelin 11B. Sure I probably helped others to get their solo kills in some of the games by dying horribly (such is the life of a light pilot), but I got there. Didn't really need to play any different to normal. Just sneak up behind someone in a lumbering assault and offload 10 SRMs into their back a few times. Or play ring a rosy with another light, until one of us falls over.

Can't say I really noticed too much bad behaviour, but being in the bottom tier, it's probably hard to tell as teamwork is not noticeable at the best of times.

Edited by SuperMCDad, 14 November 2017 - 01:40 PM.

#124 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

*sigh* -_- ... The whole MWO Community gets a Time Extension, and somebody's got to whine about that? I would call that severely sad behavior from people who could rambo it, as they were likely contributing to the Anti-Teamplay that the rest of the Community had to suffer through. <_<

As for me, it took from the start of the Event, going all the way through to the end of today after the Patch, but I've finally got the Event completed for myself. I'm actually very glad to have been provided this extra chance to be able to finish, and I'm rather sure quite a number of other people are going to be ecstatic as well. Unlike these people who are stuck in "whine mode", however, I was still trying to work to the benefit of any team that I was with, which probably (and unfortunately) caused me to take longer. 10 Million (C-Bills) and 1000 (MC) pocketed, and I'm a happy camper, what with having had to kill some Phoenix Hawks that looked about the same color as the one in the Event Logo. B)

Anywho, it's time I get my 'Mental Objectivity Hat' on again, and update my Event Review Rating. Why? Re-scaling the Average number of Solo Kills needed per day (down from 5 to about 3, average per day) is a rather good consideration on PGI's part. Further, this potentially decreases the overall stress on MWO's Community, allowing for the seed of Teamplay to have a chance to take hold once again, even amongst the frenzy of people still trying to complete the Event Objectives. Also, while not perfect, it did decrease the "Pressure Cooker" effect which shouldn't have been there in the first place. Plus, the MatchMaker has been responding better since the patch, not letting queue times get too high. I've even noticed an uptick in people finally being willing to work with each other. Let's see... I think we're looking at an Event Review Rating of...

7.9/10

...to mark this one with, and I'm rating this optimistically. That's a darned good recovery, albeit that it accounts for the burnout that has been felt by a portion of MWO's Community, myself included. It actually leaves me kind of wonderous about Future Events, which I'll be looking forward to. :D

Pardon me at this point, as I've still got Active Premium Time ticking away in the background. I've gotta go make some use of it, and not let it just die away. I would probably take a complete rest right now, if it weren't for that. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "Ohhh, the insomnia and simultaneous sleepiness that I'm feeling right now..." Devnull

#125 Mistriever

• Pip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

Please stop complaining about the "difficulty" of solo kills. Get the most damage and get the killing blow. I did it on both my accounts for QP & FW, my IS account did the FW exclusively in scouting, without difficulty.. If you are struggling 1vs1 look at your build. High alpha, go for legs, easy. Clans in Scouting are 90% Huntsman and Novas...Scouting is just like invasion, if you solo drop it's an uphill fight vs premades, no matter which side you drop for. QP during this event is the same as it always is, never much teamwork in solo QP and folks will intentionally block your line of fire ("face hug") to get a kill. But 20 solo kills per account between both game modes is not a difficult achievement.

#126 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

SWEET JEBBUS YES!

Debated on waking up early this morning to finish out my other 4 Solo kills in FP. Unfortunately, my pillow and quilt wouldn't let me out!

Procrastination pays off I guess?

o7

#127 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 November 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Extra note -- This Event needed to run for at least 2 more days than it is currently configured for. As it stands right now, I'm barely collecting 5 Million (C-Bills), and that will be it for me. Sadly, I really needed that (MC)... *facedesk* Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Does NOT like being slaughtered when only getting this little for their troubles..." Devnull

Well you got your wish. I expected this event to end when the patch landed and we'd have a Thanatos-related Event, or an Event around the Loyalty mechs, but alas, not yet I guess.

#128 Dequator Wolf

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

View PostMistriever, on 14 November 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Please stop complaining about the "difficulty" of solo kills. Get the most damage and get the killing blow. I did it on both my accounts for QP & FW, my IS account did the FW exclusively in scouting, without difficulty.. If you are struggling 1vs1 look at your build. High alpha, go for legs, easy. Clans in Scouting are 90% Huntsman and Novas...Scouting is just like invasion, if you solo drop it's an uphill fight vs premades, no matter which side you drop for. QP during this event is the same as it always is, never much teamwork in solo QP and folks will intentionally block your line of fire ("face hug") to get a kill. But 20 solo kills per account between both game modes is not a difficult achievement.

Not difficult, but still promotes bad player behavior.
It should be Assist, Lance in formation, protected light/medium. This is better for the game.

#129 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:56 AM

View PostDequator Wolf, on 15 November 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

It should be Assist, Lance in formation, protected light/medium. This is better for the game.

No offence, It promotes shooting side torsos and dealing damage, nothing more. If you cannot do it - it's your own problem. Just GIT GUT.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 15 November 2017 - 02:57 AM.

#130 Dequator Wolf

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:39 AM

Well you didnt understand it, i dont have a problem with it.
The problem is with this kill/solo kill that it makes many players go rambo and charge in all guns blazing in a hope of a kill.
I would mention the light chaseing, but it happens all the time.

#131 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:47 AM

Eh... something I couldn't avoid taking note of...

Mistriever & Dequator Wolf, you might not think it difficult... But, when someone is laying down enough damage to get the KMDD, plus others are then jumping in the way and KillStealing, it runs the difficulty of actually getting the Solo Kill into the roof. Nobody with a sane mind wants to do Team Damage just to get that Solo Kill, because they could then get reported & banned, causing them to NEVER get to enjoy their winnings. :angry:

Like Dequator Wolf made mention of, and as others have noted, Event Rewards linked to the Solo Kill cause Anti-Teamplay issues that should not be encouraged in any way. Solo Kill should NEVER be used in the future for a challenge. Sure, have meters for both "Kills" and/or "KMDD", but NEVER for doing both on the same target. That just gets royally toxic. :(

On the other hand, things like Savior Kill would be a better option. I personally find I can't get them very often because it's hard to get to Teammates in time to Save them, but that would seriously promote Teamplay as it requires helping another player to stay alive on the battlefield. Add to that things like "Lance in Formation"/"Spotting Assist"/"Protected Light/Medium"/"TAG Damage"/"TAG Kill"/"NARC Kill", and find people far more willing to work with each other. ^_^

If anyone is designing their builds for selfish "Quick Kill and don't worry about the consequences" operation, then they're working against the Team. Someone said "There is NO 'I' in TEAM", and they happened to be very much right. MWO is NOT "Call Of Duty"/"Counter-Strike" or any other 'One Man Army'-type game, and people need to be informed and rewarded for helping each other. :huh:

Now, with all of this said, and because this whole post is worth another's notice, I've one other person to respond to...

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 November 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

KMDD is bugged or would have used it.

Hi again, Matt, as I've had to take a little while to think back properly. If I remember correctly, it was actually the Kills that were bugged on the Weekend Warrior Challenges. Kills didn't want to read into the same meter as KMDD, but the KMDD was detecting properly. My semi-educated guess would be currently that the system still isn't able to handle multiple criteria qualifying to a single Challenge meter, albeit that it can handle several separate meters all at the same time being required to complete one Challenge. Hopefully, whoever is handling the coding for that can eventually fix it. :wacko:

As for me, everyone, I'm headed for the battlefields. I lost the ability to stay awake before I could launch another match earlier, so I've got lost time to make up for. See you out there. B)

Oh, and there's this guy...

View Postarcana75, on 14 November 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

I expected this event to end when the patch landed and we'd have a Thanatos-related Event, or an Event around the Loyalty mechs, but alas, not yet I guess.

Just look forward to 4 PM UTC Thursday. This Event will end then, and they could easily start their Next Event, if they don't choose to wait about 12 to 18 hours to allow the player base to cooldown from this one. ;)

~Mr. D. V. "So much to cover, so little time... Now where was I? Right... Launch Time!" Devnull

#132 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:23 AM

Please stop complaining about the "difficulty" of solo kills. Get the most damage and get the killing blow.
Yeah, just run a build with enough sustained damage to get KMDD, then keep it going until you get the kill.
I mean, even LRM boats can do it.

#133 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:25 AM

In my opinion the problem is not the requirement of solo kills, but the simultaneous requirement of kills AND solo kills. Also, not sure if you noticed, but the solo kills don't up the kill counter.

As a result people are going out of their way to secure those kills and are making life difficult for those that need/want the solo kills. This conflict is in my opinion causing the negative responses and apparent issues with securing those solo kills.

I am done with the challenge already, but I also have to confess that it was sometimes frustrating having those kills stolen from me. PGI, please consider such conflict of interest when preparing future events.

#134 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 15 November 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

In my opinion the problem is not the requirement of solo kills, but the simultaneous requirement of kills AND solo kills. Also, not sure if you noticed, but the solo kills don't up the kill counter.

As a result people are going out of their way to secure those kills and are making life difficult for those that need/want the solo kills. This conflict is in my opinion causing the negative responses and apparent issues with securing those solo kills.

I am done with the challenge already, but I also have to confess that it was sometimes frustrating having those kills stolen from me. PGI, please consider such conflict of interest when preparing future events.

That's odd. Solo Kills did add to the Kills for me.

#135 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:25 AM

Solo kills absolutely counted toward the kill count. After my first match of the event, I had three kills tracked...two of them were solos. The event page tracked exactly what my end of match scoreboard showed.

#136 Wayward Potato

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:04 AM

Thankful for the extra time! I finished the QP portion last night in two incredible matches! 4 solo kills between the two matches with a total of my 6 standard kills needed.

At first I was really put off by the solo kill thing, but about half way through, I realized that it wasn't going too bad. Sure I had craptastic matches with no kills and miserable damage, but in a good match I was usually able to squeak out a solo kill or at least a couple regular kills.

If the FP queues moved quicker, I would have considered doing that portion, but as a solo drop I felt my time was better spent elsewhere.

Still, that little bit of extra time made the event for me. Good stuff!

#137 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:24 AM

ofc the solos counted for the killing blows, but thats not the point. the event demanded twice the kills than solo kills, so you take what you can and these non-solo kills are other ppl`'s solo kills.

the other thing is, despite what the git gud loudmouths with pay2win mechs in brawl approach try to establish, it is not realistic to go after 12 solokills each round, nor is it easy to go after a solokill without borderline suicide.

you are limited by heat, ammo, range, speed, mech+build viability and pilot skill. So you find your personal primetarget and fight it... coz 1 solokill is realistic. but however you do that, be it the "go in suicide" or the waiting game, you mostly ignore the rest of the enemy team, coz solo kill!

for some that is a big change in playstyle and a dealbreaker, for some not, apparently.
so for everyone who came here just to say that this was a nice and easy event, you are welcome to post your easy way of dealing solokills without undermining team efforts.

#138 Eremes Zorn

• Pip
  • The Soviet
  • The Soviet
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

I haven't played in a few months, but every so often I like to come back and see if any events are worth doing for a change.
Once again, my doubt is justified. Also still no shortage of "git gud" morons out there who probably aren't actually very good in the first place, they just adjust their playstyle to conform to the toxic nature established by solo-kill criteria. Which is easy to do if you don't give a **** about playing well.

#139 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

@BUMMBUMM

How is getting solo kills not good for the team?
One guy focused another guy down - and is still alive to fight with the rest of the team.
It now is a 12v11 and he thus helped his team.
He didn't switch target so his prior primary target can cool down and deal some more damage.

Of course I don't count chasing the squirrel or ramboing into the enemy team (even though that could be used as a push initiator) cuz that's plain trolling if ya wanna win.

Besides that - 1 solokill isn't realistic, it's the output one should have. If every one has 1 solokill the game is won - everyone put in equal effort and got equal payment out of it.
That's how it should go, not what one should be happy to get.

#140 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

wow just wow. in a well played game where 12 enemies die, noone has a solo kill, coz focus fire! if you are the only one shooting an enemy, you are either a supersneaky backstabbing light or you are doin it wrong, at least by my standards.

IF you mange to solo an enemy and did not lose armor yourself big time, its more of an insta-gib situation. You care to elaborate how-to ?

in my normal games when every enemy goes down, my kills+assists usually add up to a two-digit. means i spread my damage across almost the entire enemy team, and its the same light or assault. dont know what suicidal folks are out there, but the enemys i open up dont really care to stay and serve as solo kill, they tend to run and never face me again this round. someone else makes the killshot and i open up the next can.
Fun fact: when u open up and slightly damage the center torso with good aim, it hardly nets a kkmd, maybe 1 out of 4 times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users