575 replies to this topic

#301 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

honestly, doubt people woulda bitched so much with Luthien if they'd just done what they did this time and split the mechs off from the victory reward.

also, I believe the Capture Threshold if IS got to it woulda actually let us reclaim the planets surrounding Tharkad. funny thing is though, Clans might not have to follow Zelbrigen in matches, but they do have to per their trials of possession for our worlds.

#302 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Ok, it's not a big deal if the Steiners will keep their capital, it's lore freiendly at least. But can I keep my 4mil? Hence, the IS warriors can get 4mil too, they successfully defended steiner's capital, they deserve it.

#303 Flay123

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Here's a screenshot, freshly reloaded with 3 seconds left.
I actually got a "claim reward" button for the spoils of war, but when i clicked it, i got an error message, no C-bills, and the Spoils of War now shows as "redeemed".
https://imgur.com/a/xfE5g

#304 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 26 November 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

So, if PGI had kept it at 1% instead of 3.3% Clans might have won...those blocks are, as far as I can determine are broken up into the following percentage 20 / 15 / 15 / 20 / 15 / 15 || (same on this side)imgur.com/xfE5g

20 / 3.3 = 6 combat drops ....
The winning threshold appears to be at the 10%....

If PGI had kept the 1% that would have been 20 combat drops in the last segment with the halfway point being 10....Now to wonder, how will they set it up for the NEXT event?

Screenshot was taken by Flay123...

Posted Image

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 November 2017 - 03:55 PM.

#305 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

Can't believe it's a tie!! Weren't they supposed to be highly unlikely?

View PostIron Lemur, on 26 November 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Just to throw this out there... my unscientific observations are that team damage is a disproportionate drawn-down on match score. I've had 450+ damage in a game and gotten the 250+ score. I've had other games with about the same damage, except I'll pull 20+ team damage (because people start getting in each others way to get that damage in), and the match score will be in the 230 range.

Once I started making pains to not damage my team mates, I started racking up the 250 credits quicker. Anecdotally.

Yep, team damage kills match score. And hi! We were in a Scout together, which I recorded :)

View PostAndrzej Lechrenski, on 26 November 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

Honestly, I think the single best thing they could do to improve Scouting would be to make each beacon worth a very large amount of C-bills and matchscore. Something like 25k C-bills and 25+ points. The incentive to actually play to the objectives would completely change the dynamic of the matches, and perhaps even give the weaker teams a chance to out-play the veteran units strategically, rather than forcing them to play the same seemingly unwinnable brawl over and over again. I did my thing and got my NTG, so I personally don't have any complaints about the event, but I'd like it if some of the people who've put in fewer than 1000+ hours had a good time with it, too (and even I find the brawl to get stale after a dozen or so matches...).

Agree on rewards for objectives but need to make it team based. Two suggestions: one, need at least 2 mechs to capture a beacon and, two, bonuses for captured beacons are shared across all of the team. Would also like to see such changes for Conquest.

#306 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

So I want to be clear about this -

In the current model all the IS has to do to win the season in FW is win 10% of matches in the final couple hours of the capital events, which ties everyone, wipes prizes. So a 10% win rate for the final stretch of a couple events scores a win for IS in spite of an overall 99%+ loss rate in FW overall.

PGI, can you clarify that this is the desired experience? I mean the lack of originally promised FW content followed by the 1 Bukkit Solution that made factions irrelevant and pointless has made nobody really care about it anyway but this seems... gratuitously middle finger in the face-ish. I don't think that was the intent. Can we maybe revisit this?

#307 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

honestly, they should probably remove the ability for people to change faction during events like these. scews the results too much

#308 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 November 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

So I want to be clear about this -

In the current model all the IS has to do to win the season in FW is win 10% of matches in the final couple hours of the capital events, which ties everyone, wipes prizes. So a 10% win rate for the final stretch of a couple events scores a win for IS in spite of an overall 99%+ loss rate in FW overall.

PGI, can you clarify that this is the desired experience? I mean the lack of originally promised FW content followed by the 1 Bukkit Solution that made factions irrelevant and pointless has made nobody really care about it anyway but this seems... gratuitously middle finger in the face-ish. I don't think that was the intent. Can we maybe revisit this?

Honestly PGI MischiefSC is right. This really smacks of being incredibly rude to all of the Mechwarriors who put in the time, helped other players and fought like hell to win when you are effectively telling them that winning really doesn't count just so the I.S. can effectively be made the winners by virtue of a contrived "tie". If that is indeed what you intend you should be incredibly ashamed of yourselves. If it's not what you intend then you need to revisit and change this now and properly reward all of those who really did earn it.

Edited by MegaBopper, 26 November 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#309 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

What, a tie again? And there goes all that "clams op" bitсhing.

#310 Jexvrok

Rookie

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

it may be a tie, but the IS is not even close to getting to the clanner capitol planets. the whole season is probably just going to end in a tie

#311 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

'Ties are extremely unlikely.' PGI, I think someone slipped your internal memo about Casual Friday into an event post.

Cool, cool...now I know to no longer bother to try to win the overall event, just to get whatever prizes I can.

#312 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 November 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

But you know what you do get? A loss by proxy of original occupation, because Clans can't attack Luthien or Tharkad a second time.

So Inner Sphere retains occupation.

Which means, if we stalemate a third capital, Inner Sphere wins since they're the original owners of the planet.

View PostJexvrok, on 26 November 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

it may be a tie, but the IS is not even close to getting to the clanner capitol planets. the whole season is probably just going to end in a tie

No it won't be a tie. To me it looks like in this model a tie is a victory for the side that lost everything but 10% of the conflict.

Edited by MegaBopper, 26 November 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#313 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 26 November 2017 - 11:01 PM.
Name & Shame

#314 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

Wow this is confusion as heck. I went to the website, it says REDEEM for the Conflict Rewards. Clicked on both IS and Clan, they change to REDEEMED. Went ingame, no injection. Went to Event tab, clicked on the event, it says REDEEMED.

But of cuz the reality is that there was no victor hence the rewards were not redeemable in the first place. Then the REDEEM option shouldn't be made available on the website...

#315 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostJexvrok, on 26 November 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

the whole season is probably just going to end in a tie

I'm failing to see that as a bad thing.

#316 FuzzyNZ

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

It's a tie because the event finishes at the end of a play phase and at the end of the 6 hour play phase window, it resets to a tie.

#317 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostFuzzyNZ, on 26 November 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

It's a tie because the event finishes at the end of a play phase and at the end of the 6 hour play phase window, it resets to a tie.

If that is the case it looks like a BIG bug that needs to be fixed forthwith so the final result of the event will not be erased before it can be redeemed.

Edited by MegaBopper, 26 November 2017 - 04:47 PM.

#318 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:46 PM

I have a suggestion.

Get rid of the map.

Replace it with:

1 mode: IS versus Clan
1 mode: IS versus IS
1 mode: Clan versus Clan

There's your Civil War and your Faction Warfare.

People still get matches.

Factions and maps and planets are irrelevant. Just focus on letting people blow each other's big stompy robots up.

#319 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 November 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

I have a suggestion.

Get rid of the map.

Replace it with:

1 mode: IS versus Clan
1 mode: IS versus IS
1 mode: Clan versus Clan

There's your Civil War and your Faction Warfare.

People still get matches.

Factions and maps and planets are irrelevant. Just focus on letting people blow each other's big stompy robots up.

It sounds good at first glance but I really think that would be just to ****** boring. You need eye candy to make it interesting.

#320 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Dear PGI,
R79T did a full mobilization for the whole Luthien. We went full tilt, as many of our unit members as we could, even helping Trothkin from other units and Clans organize. We all know how that went.

Now for Thakard, R79T waited. We took the lessons from Luthien and the words of PGI. Our Command Staff encouraged drops, but did not call for the full mobilization until about 30 hours before the end of the event. We know how this ended.

So, I as an individual have a suggestion on how it should have gone. PGI, it is my opinion that you should have set a point at which something akin to "Overtime" started. Given at time of, say 4 hours in which, if there isn't already a winner, each side has this time to push the bar. To incentivize everyone to play throughout the event, set up a bonus for whichever side has held the strongest lead throughout the event, to the tug of war bar.

I think this would get you, PGI, closer to your intended mark.

Edited by Black Lanner, 26 November 2017 - 05:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users