575 replies to this topic

#341 Dareck Hazen

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostQuestar, on 26 November 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

I wouldn't brag about 23-1 against "skittles". I hope next event we meet with 12 man pre-mades, we LOVE blowing up clan tech.

Well bargained and done. See you on the battlefield, SROT.

Also, cant help stomping skittles if skittles is all we see? lol. There were a couple half pre-mades, but thats about it. Not our fault 12 mans didnt seem to be dropping today. If they were, we never saw them.

#342 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

View PostQuestar, on 26 November 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

Actually, since we were dropping much more often than MS, that wouldn't be the case. We had some great battles once they changed over. I also agree, changing contracts during an event should be avoided.

Questar
Star Rangers of Terra

I had no idea that SRoT was fielding multiple 12 man's every night. That's really cool I didn't think you guys were that big still. See ya in the queues then!

#343 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

Wow - to all the people arguing about who won more matches, or which group influenced the last 2 hours the most... ITS IRRELEVANT.

Whats important here is that the WIN CONDITION IS TOTALLY BROKEN. And that 2 events in a row, neither side has won due to a programming failure.

Unless PGI did this intentionally (which i doubt) its purely a side effect of the way that the FW phases are coded, and that while it works for what counts as winning a planet in normal FW play, it needs to have separate code that determines the winner of events like this. Otherwise there is an 80% chance that all future FW events will end in a tie unless this is changed.

Edited by Kamikaze Viking, 26 November 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#344 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 26 November 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

@Stridercal Thank you for your praise. We work hard and it is fantastic to hear that we are making an impression!

I'm not so sure the impression you guys bring is what you think it is.

#345 Dareck Hazen

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

View PostKamikaze Viking, on 26 November 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

Wow - to all the people arguing about who won more matches, or which group influenced the last 2 hours the most... ITS IRRELEVANT.

Whats important here is that the WIN CONDITION IS TOTALLY BROKEN. And that 2 events in a row, neither side has won due to a programming failure.

Unless PGI did this intentionally (which i doubt) its purely a side effect of the way that the FW phases are coded, and that while it works for what counts as winning a planet in normal FW play, it needs to have separate code that determines the winner of events like this. Otherwise there is an 80% chance that all future FW events will end in a tie unless this is changed.

Completely agreed. Pls fix. For this to happen on one event... sucks, but ok. on two? Its time to fix something.

#346 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

I'm shaking my head at the uselessness and fruitlessness of all of this.

Suffice to say, PGI hasn't gotten any of my money in three years and I'm going to keep it that way.

Off to buy an entry into HBS's Battletech...

Edited by Commander A9, 26 November 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#347 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 November 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

I'm shaking my head and the uselessness and fruitlessness of all of this.

Suffice to say, PGI hasn't gotten any of my money in three years and I'm going to keep it that way.

Off to buy an entry into HBS's Battletech...

That's unfortunate. I've been a whale thus far since joining MWO and enjoying myself so far.

#348 Jexvrok

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostHoly Jackson, on 26 November 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

I had no idea that SRoT was fielding multiple 12 man's every night. That's really cool I didn't think you guys were that big still. See ya in the queues then!

we were hitting the faction warfare pretty hard, we had a 12 man going almost every night. i will also look forward to seeing you on the battle field :)

#349 Dareck Hazen

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 20 November 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

With the event ending during peak population, it is unlikely to end in a tie but not impossible.

hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHA

Just gonna leave this here to re-piss people off. PGI pls fix.

#350 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

Meme's evolve before our very eyes.

Unlikely now means 80%

#351 Dareck Hazen

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:23 PM

View PostKamikaze Viking, on 26 November 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Meme's evolve before our very eyes.

Unlikely now means 80%

If thats the case, I should start getting tickets for the lottery.

#352 VTine

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

I take great pride in the accomplishments of the 79th, and all of the effort we put forth this week. The ****-waving going on here is not necessary. But the win condition is incorrect. When I joined the last drop before the event ended, Clan held around 75-80% of the bar. If a defending force lost 75% of the land they were on, then they lost that land. Controlling a postage stamp worth of space on an envelope is losing the engagement. I hope PGI finds a way to do this next time that does not upset so many people.

-V

#353 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

View Postarcana75, on 26 November 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

That's unfortunate. I've been a whale thus far since joining MWO and enjoying myself so far.

Oh, I've enjoyed myself, given the opportunities presented to me from the units I've joined and the battles we've fought and won.

But displays of utter ignorance like this on the part of the devs, despite the evidence and information gathered from previous competitions and events to the contrary of what was presented to us doesn't motivate me to give them any of my hard-earned cash.

I can scarcely believe that this iteration of Mechwarrior is THE Mechwarrior of the moment in the series.

Edited by Commander A9, 26 November 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#354 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

[Redacted] fact is, again, they said a tie was UNLIKELY. It's US that caused it. not them. We don't even ******* know if it was yet. give them time to total up the results, sheesh.

Edited by draiocht, 26 November 2017 - 11:13 PM.
Insults / Ad Hominem

#355 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

So nobody wins the cbill bonuses?

I was in a position to complete the requirements for both sides, and the event screen told me the event was tied and I could claim both 4,000,000 cbill rewards. But when trying to claim, the game froze and gave me an error code 95. Then after clicking the error code notification away, the game showed the rewards as claimed, but my cbill balance did not change.

Is that what happened everyone?

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 26 November 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#356 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:02 PM

I predict that the next FP event that is House vs Clan will end in a tie.

#357 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 November 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Oh, I've enjoyed myself, given the opportunities presented to me from the units I've joined and the battles we've fought and won.

But displays of utter ignorance like this on the part of the devs, despite the evidence and information gathered from previous competitions and events to the contrary of what was presented to us doesn't motivate me to give them any of my hard-earned cash.

I can scarcely believe that this iteration of Mechwarrior is THE Mechwarrior of the moment in the series.

Well.. the fact of the matter is, the fate of FP is decided by a handful of large merc units. Matt can design events anyway he can, but he's also restricted by the current system. More changes are needed to really build something that can't be easily manipulated by these large merc units, and these are likely outside the power of Matt and the Events team.

I'm fortunate in the sense that I've not seen other iterations, and am only privy to the current iteration. And so far it's been great.

#358 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

What was to stop PGI from applying the Tukayyid win conditions of allowing for at least 51% tug-of-war in a given side's favor as the victory condition for both Luthien and Tharkad?

Nothing.

PGI chose to make both these capital battles "just another night of Faction Warfare" knowing full-well what would happen. They even specifically stated at the launch of Phase 4 that there would be no more Tukayyid-styled events. That's yet one more nail in the coffin because for major events like this, tug-of-war with such a high victory threshold requirement simply doesn't work. It screws over EVERYONE...as it has aptly done not once, but twice now.

I read the rules for the seasons. I've been playing Faction Warfare since day one of its launch, and I can tell you - the player base doesn't come up with the win conditions. But oh, how we've tried to tell PGI what works and what doesn't.

There's a difference between us as a player base and PGI: only one of us is actually playing Faction Warfare.

The reason I'm mentioning Clan loss by proxy of original occupation and a third-time stalemate resulting in the loss of the season for the Clans is because that's exactly what the rules state.

Clans need to capture 3 IS capital worlds to "win the season," and they only get one chance to strike each one. Lose those battles by not "winning" the planet, and that planet is locked.

Luthien is locked. Tharkad is locked. There are only 3 left. If one of those goes the way of Luthien and Tharkad, the minimum victory condition for Clans will have been failed. Therefore, IS wins by stalemate and proxy of original occupation. They won't need to take a Clan capital because the Clans will have failed their minimum victory requirements, so there's no point in continuing the season.

Map resets.

Season 2 begins.

Do it all again.

Get pissed off when the capital battles repeat the exact same circumstances we find ourselves in.

Having fun yet?

By the way, Clans need 3 IS capitals...IS only needs 1 Clan capital...IS capitals are halfway across every House's territory...Clan capitals are all right next to each other...just putting that out there for all you guys worried about balance.

Edited by Commander A9, 26 November 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#359 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

I had the pleasure of dropping in one match vs R79T in amongst a group of SROT, SROT won that one so perhaps Mr Hazen was in another drop team ;)

It was a fantastic event, i enjoyed it immensely a combination of stomps, being stomped and some damn close matches where literally one second of machine gun fire would have killed Omega and won the day. I learned some things about team play and some home truths about my PUG dropping ways.

I learned i have a lot of learning to do, it was better than QP in so many ways, you stuff up one mech you get 3 to redeem yourself. What mechs you bring matters, what defences you bring matters and having a leader and following instructions matter.
And even when they get it wrong its a good experience to learn what does and does not work and we get to fight again.

And sometimes you don't get a good score, but as long as you helped the team you've got to be happy about that. I achieved the scores i needed with the help of some great players and now i get to stomp around in a slow pointless Steiner scout mech. Whats not to like about that. Not to mention the drops themselves were running at about 1 mill per win and damn we had quite a few.

Both sides showed great skill, boths sides had periods where they pushed the bar to the end of the chart and both sides worked hard with some squads literally doing all nighters fueled on beer and loyalty. GG both sides.

#360 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

A9, IS only needs one clan Capital because your's are hidden way the **** in the back, and you have a headstart on towards our's, "halfway" my ***, Luthien and Tharkad are less than a third of the way into Kurita and Steiner territory from their respective clan invasion fronts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users