Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 November 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

I have a suggestion.

Get rid of the map.

Replace it with:

1 mode: IS versus Clan
1 mode: IS versus IS
1 mode: Clan versus Clan

There's your Civil War and your Faction Warfare.

People still get matches.

Factions and maps and planets are irrelevant. Just focus on letting people blow each other's big stompy robots up.

Dude, if you want that, go play CoD. plenty of big stompy robots in Infinite Warfare :P

#322 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 26 November 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Dear PGI,
R79T did a full mobilization for the whole Luthien. We went full tilt, as many of our unit members as we could, even helping Trothkin from other units and Clans organize. We all know how that went.

Now for Thakard, R79T waited. We took the lessons from Luthien and the words of PGI. Our Command Staff encouraged drops, but did not call for the full mobilization until about 30 hours before the end of the event. We know how this ended.

So, I as an individual have a suggestion on how it should have gone. PGI, it is my opinion that you should have set a point at which something akin to "Overtime" started. Given at time of, say 4 hours in which, if there isn't already a winner, each side has this time to push the bar. To incentivize everyone to play throughout the event, set up a bonus for whichever side has held the strongest lead throughout the event, to the tug of war bar.

I think this would get you, PGI closer to your intended mark.

Actually, what would bring things to the intended mark would just be enforcing Zelbrigen on Clans. having to actually ACT like clans would even out the sides. Far too many Clan players are "IS Mechwarriors with Clantech." The fact people were capable of switching sides during the event is BS too, given EVIL and probably MS abandoned the IS (whom they were working for at the start) to be on the "winning" side. Merc Contracts should be locked in for the duration of the event, least for the guys who're working for the factions mainly involved in the fight. (after all, how the hell would you evac your merc unit when a planetary invasion is under way?) just block the ability to faction swap for the event, but boost the amount of C-bills earned, as the faction you're working for is giving you a bonus to help them defend/invade.

#323 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 26 November 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Dear PGI,
R79T did a full mobilization for the whole Luthien. We went full tilt, as many of our unit members as we could, even helping Trothkin from other units and Clans organize. We all know how that went.

Now for Thakard, R79T waited. We took the lessons from Luthien and the words of PGI. Our Command Staff encouraged drops, but did not call for the full mobilization until about 30 hours before the end of the event. We know how this ended.

So, I as an individual have a suggestion on how it should have gone. PGI, it is my opinion that you should have set a point at which something akin to "Overtime" started. Given at time of, say 4 hours in which, if there isn't already a winner, each side has this time to push the bar. To incentivize everyone to play throughout the event, set up a bonus for whichever side has held the strongest lead throughout the event, to the tug of war bar.

I think this would get you, PGI closer to your intended mark.

Having fought against R79T three times today, and getting our asses handed to us rather confidently, i agree with this post.

#324 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

@ Arkhangel
Zelbrigen exists to offset the Clan weapon superiority, if you want Clans to abide Zelbrigen, you also have to insist that other aspects of the lore have to be brought back to lore values and the elimination of balancing aspects like, doubling armor values, quirks, and ghost heat. Also, Zelbrigen would be fine with the Jade Falcons, who by the lore continue the practice with those who are honorable, but you really want to deal with the Wolves who have a very loose view of Zelbrigen? No, there is no way to actually enforce the Lore of Zelbrigen in this game.

Edited by Black Lanner, 26 November 2017 - 05:34 PM.

#325 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

Both sides had their chance, both tried their best. Good event.

#326 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

there is,actually, Black. it's called setting up the clan FW scoring system to encourage it. it would weed out the "IS with clantech" players for the most part as they still want to use IS tactics.

Also, "honorable" Falcons tended to use loopholes. You should remember Nicolai Malthus and what he did to Adam Steiner with Somerset. Jade Falcons can claim to be "honorable"but they're also one of the clans known for hating people from the IS the most, second only to the Smoke Jaguars, and they at least had the exscuse that Tyra Miraborg vented ilKhan Leo Showers into space when she rammed her Shilone into the Dire Wolf's Bridge.

The Falcons actually had a history of being ******, given they actually screwed Clan Wolf on Malthus genes the Wolves had put a trial up to gain, but specifically made sure it was genes from a cadet sibko rather than any bloodnamed warriors, just so they could claim they held up their end. honestly I'm fairly sure the Pryde Bloodname are the only half-decent people in that entire clan, and even they have their moments.

Edited by Arkhangel, 26 November 2017 - 05:40 PM.

#327 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

@Stridercal Thank you for your praise. We work hard and it is fantastic to hear that we are making an impression!

#328 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

@Arkhangel do you understand coding? That would take work that I doubt PGI can make happen with the current game. Maybe something could be implemented in MWO 2.

#329 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

During the Clan Invasion the rules of zellbrigen lapsed, primarily because the Inner Sphere had no concept of Clan cultural norms and, in some cases, exploited them for "underhanded" victories. By the end of the campaign zellbrigen had all but died out in several Clans, while most still reserve it for inter-Clan confrontations or against worthy Inner Sphere warriors.

(http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zellbrigen)

Basically, if you want Clansmen to follow the rules of Zellbrigen, the IS has to do so as well.

#330 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 26 November 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

@Stridercal Thank you for your praise. We work hard and it is fantastic to hear that we are making an impression!

It wasn't praise, it was just an observation. I was being civil on the VOIP coms, but off-mic, i would scream every time i saw your unit on the OpFor. You guys PUG-roll like nobody's business.

But yeah, good play by your team. The Linebacker rush was also fun to watch!

#331 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 26 November 2017 - 03:18 PM, said:

Congratulations Inner Sphere on winning the event by forcing a stalemate

Inner Sphere did not win. Tie means everybody loses, kid.

No, seriously, was well-fought, and MercStar aptly demonstrated that it is not the mechs that make or break the match - it is the pilots in the cockpits.

ha ha ha, good joke.

#332 Questar

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostStridercal, on 26 November 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

Having fought against R79T three times today, and getting our asses handed to us rather confidently, i agree with this post.

Just make sure the truth is told, IS maintained the superiority until the morning of 11/25/2017. With the event starting on 11/22/2017, the IS held the lead MUCH more than the clans did. If not for MS, KCOM, and EVIL, the clans had NO CHANCE at this event. Ohh and R79T, we faced you and beat you many times. So bring it, any time you would like, we are here to put you in your place.

Questar
Skye Rangers of Terra

Edited by Questar, 27 November 2017 - 04:41 PM.

#333 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostQuestar, on 26 November 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Just make sure the truth is told, IS maintained the superiority until the morning of 11/25/2017. With the event starting on 11/22/2017, the IS held the lead MUCH more than the clans did. If not for MS, KCOM, and EVIL, the clans had NO CHANCE at this event. Ohh and R79T, we faced you and beat you many times. So bring it, any time you would like, we are here to put you in your place.

Questar
Star Rangers of Terra

The truth is that MS was dropping for IS until 1am EST of 11/25/17.

What you saw was entirely driven by one unit.

#334 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

which is why merc contracts should be locked for the duration of the events.

#335 Questar

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostHoly Jackson, on 26 November 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

The truth is that MS was dropping for IS until 1am EST of 11/25/17.

What you saw was entirely driven by one unit.

Actually, since we were dropping much more often than MS, that wouldn't be the case. We had some great battles once they changed over. I also agree, changing contracts during an event should be avoided.

Questar
Skye Rangers of Terra

Edited by Questar, 27 November 2017 - 04:42 PM.

#336 The_UltimoScorp

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

@Questar, now it's possible the group I was in never encountered you but the only Steiner forces we encountered were INEX, and that was a 6 man at best.

#337 Dareck Hazen

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostQuestar, on 26 November 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Questar
Star Rangers of Terra

Thats really cute. Yeah we lost a match or two to you guys (way to overexaggerate lol), but the level of play R79T players showed at the end dwarfs what you guys could throw at us. I truly hope to encounter you guys again with a full 12 man of my guys, so that we can roll your asses all the way back to Terra (oh wait, pretty sure the Clans have already rolled past that). But, uh, today, we never saw you, and we went 23-1 against the IS, so this tie is ********. Its shouldnt be a tie if the bar is over 50% either way.

Peace! o7

Edited by Dareck Hazen, 26 November 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#338 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

Gotta wipe out all resistance, Clanboy. btw, despite what it says, these events are more "who controls this area of space." if the IS had gotten to the capture threshold on the other side, we wouldn't have just held Tharkad, we would've taken back all the planets surrounding it.

P.S. for everyone bitching about it being a Tie (we don't even know for sure yet that it was), you should remember that PGI straight out said "a Tie is very unlikely" not impossible. fact is IS held the line against superior tech (and [Redacted]) to the last. win or lose, we did our best, and that was reflected on the bar.

Edited by draiocht, 26 November 2017 - 11:04 PM.
Name & Shame

#339 Dareck Hazen

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:05 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 26 November 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Gotta wipe out all resistance, Clanboy. btw, despite what it says, these events are more "who controls this area of space." if the IS had gotten to the capture threshold on the other side, we wouldn't have just held Tharkad, we would've taken back all the planets surrounding it.

But you didn't, so.... vOv GG

#340 Questar

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostDareck Hazen, on 26 November 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Thats really cute. Yeah we lost a match or two to you guys (way to overexaggerate lol), but the level of play R79T players showed at the end dwarfs what you guys could throw at us. I truly hope to encounter you guys again with a full 12 man of my guys, so that we can roll your asses all the way back to Terra (oh wait, pretty sure the Clans have already rolled past that). But, uh, today, we never saw you, and we went 23-1 against the IS, so this tie is ********. Its shouldnt be a tie if the bar is over 50% either way.

Peace! o7

I wouldn't brag about 23-1 against "skittles". I hope next event we meet with 12 man pre-mades, we LOVE blowing up clan tech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users