Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:32 PM

Btw, it´s Katherine Steiner-Davion. #NotMyArchon

#22 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

#FML.... in anticipation of this event I clicked to join the IS side. Only to realise later that I clicked on Davion thinking since it's Katrina Steiner-Davion... instead of clicking on Steiner... now I have to wait 7 days before I can participate in this Event.Posted Image

#23 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:07 AM

To add to Commander A9's post, if you absolutely MUST allow for the unrealistic last minute planetary yoink, make losing each attack phase stack against the side that lost it, representing a sequential loss of access to territory and logistics. The only way to regain access to lost resources is to win a subsequent phase. This would make it harder to pull a last minute denial of victory. The best way I can think of to represent this in game is to lower the loser's drop deck tonnage limit for each lost attack phase...a miraculous turn of events should require an actual miracle, not just an alarm clock.

#24 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:09 AM

View PostMikel Kerensky, on 17 November 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

True, but the writeup specifically says, " Archon Katrina Steiner has called on allies from across the Inner Sphere to defend Tharkad and push back the invaders."

Maybe it was the Facebook algorithm that she had setup before she died to send out messages based on her posts after she died? You have to remember, though, that this game is a little bit loose with the lore.

Edited by Ed Steele, 18 November 2017 - 01:10 AM.

#25 DangerousOne

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:24 AM

View Postarcana75, on 17 November 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

#FML.... in anticipation of this event I clicked to join the IS side. Only to realise later that I clicked on Davion thinking since it's Katrina Steiner-Davion... instead of clicking on Steiner... now I have to wait 7 days before I can participate in this Event.Posted Image

LMAO

#26 Jean France

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

Actually the faction balance has shifted more towards the IS side since the last Siege event - the chances of a tie are much much higher this time around.

Still, i think the Atlas would be a fitting reward for both sides, what with all those lost planets and the Steiner factories being looted!

#27 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

And then this weary nut showed up... What did I find to reply to?

View Postarmyunit, on 17 November 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

I almost wish I was Jade Falcon so that I could go stomp on Tharkad for awhile

Oh, everyone will likely get to battle in this Special Event... It's just that the Loyalists/Mercs specifically allied with those two Factions, Steiner and Jade Falcon (maybe Steel Viper, depending on what PGI does), will have access to Special Rewards. But each faction should eventually get their turn to have some. ;)

View PostEd Steele, on 17 November 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

Make it so Mercs can not take Clan contracts and give the Mercs free faction-changes to compensate.

And I saw this post coming... Sorry, but I have to disagree and say NO to your toxic little posting... Why? Because the Merc Units make up most of the fighting forces for ALL Factions, and force-dumping them all over to Inner Sphere would result in an Automatic Clan Loss for the rest of MWO's Lifetime. Such would kill Faction Warfare, and ultimately MWO itself, as the Community would no longer have a reason to play, knowing which way that things would ALWAYS go. Nobody would play Clans anymore if they knew it was always a losing battle. :angry:

View PostMovinTarget, on 17 November 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

PGI, please be clear about win/loss conditions on this one... ...and "tie" conditions for that matter.

Agreed. The last Special Event, "Kurita vs. Smoke Jaguar (and Nova Cat, by extension)", should have been treated more like Tukayyid, and not like the normal 'Clan vs. I.S. Front' battles. That last one really ticked off too many people. :(

View Postarcana75, on 17 November 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

You don't have to worry about having the right Contract locked in, unless you're trying to aim for the Faction-specific Rewards that PGI will likely set up. All of the Clan and I.S. Factions will be allowed to take part in the battle, as this is a Faction Capital Planet Battle that will be happening. One could hope, however, that PGI fixes the War History section on the left side (NOT referring to the War Log, as that's still working), as there has been about a month of Battle Phases not listed now. B)

As for myself, well, I'm not sure how I personally feel about this upcoming Special Event. Obviously there's going to be some challenges to enjoy. Sadly, I'm starting to get really burned out by the pressure levels that these Events have been constantly loaded with. Who knows... Maybe there is somebody out there that's trying to cause an 'MWO-related IRL death'? :unsure:

~Mr. D. V. "Trying to shake off a bad feeling of paranoia..." Devnull

#28 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:21 AM

Warming up my ERPPCs ... just which side of the fence should I choose ...

#29 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:25 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 November 2017 - 02:06 AM, said:

You don't have to worry about having the right Contract locked in, unless you're trying to aim for the Faction-specific Rewards that PGI will likely set up. All of the Clan and I.S. Factions will be allowed to take part in the battle, as this is a Faction Capital Planet Battle that will be happening. One could hope, however, that PGI fixes the War History section on the left side (NOT referring to the War Log, as that's still working), as there has been about a month of Battle Phases not listed now. Posted Image

You forgot the Luthien event already? On top of the IS and Clan Event rewards, there were 2 other events specific to Draconis Combine and Smoke Jaguar factions.

I was hoping to get in some Steiner specific rewards (about 3 days to do so), then be in time to switch over to the Jade Falcon, so that I could redeem every possible reward.

#30 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:26 AM

And I saw this post coming... Sorry, but I have to disagree and say NO to your toxic little posting... Why? Because the Merc Units make up most of the fighting forces for ALL Factions, and force-dumping them all over to Inner Sphere would result in an Automatic Clan Loss for the rest of MWO's Lifetime. Such would kill Faction Warfare, and ultimately MWO itself, as the Community would no longer have a reason to play, knowing which way that things would ALWAYS go. Nobody would play Clans anymore if they knew it was always a losing battle. Posted Image

Funny, we already did this one, multiple times, in favor of the Clans. I don't see why IS shouldn't get a turn someday.

Agreed. The last Special Event, "Kurita vs. Smoke Jaguar (and Nova Cat, by extension)", should have been treated more like Tukayyid, and not like the normal 'Clan vs. I.S. Front' battles. That last one really ticked off too many people. Posted Image

I really do not understand what ticked anyone off about the last one. Did everyone get to play a lot of fun matches? They sure did. What's there to be ticked off about then? I don't get it. The only thing I can think of is some clan players got annoyed because they didn't get to autowin, again, like every single other time. I have no sympathy at all for that.

#31 Magic Pain Glove

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:58 AM

Dont lock mech rewards behind a victory condition ,let it be something on top of this , Cbills or something . Especially if you plan on keeping the same system in place from the last time . When funnily enough no one got anything , even tho someone should have . Either clans won by a huge margin , or IS managed to defended Luthien and push clans out in the last moment.

#32 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:23 AM

Posted Image

#33 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostB0oN, on 18 November 2017 - 02:21 AM, said:

Warming up my ERPPCs ... just which side of the fence should I choose...

ER PPCs... they are a heat source on their own so watch out : You might be OVERHEATING them :P

#34 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

I think the tie "system" from Luthien was pretty good. It allows the losing side to make a final stand in defence and good chance to end into a technical defeat of attackers.

All the Clans needed to finilize their clear victory was to make good final attacks. But they didn't do it, and lost. It's good system that somewhat ignores the unfortunate differences in PUG level of players on each side.

I was pugging as Clan on that time. Or actually both sides, early IS then Clan? I think that it was.

#35 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:14 AM

And all of the Americans have a major holiday in the middle of it, neat. Screw you guys, I dun need turkey, Tharkad must be saved.

#36 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:30 AM

I better fire up my Urbie for this event.

Edited by Sleepyboy14, 18 November 2017 - 09:33 AM.

#37 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:00 AM

I will fight for my homeworld. I fight for honor, so parrots - fear tingod :D

#38 William Brewer

• PipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

Let’s roast some jade turkeys!

#39 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

And I saw this post coming... Sorry, but I have to disagree and say NO to your toxic little posting... Why? Because the Merc Units make up most of the fighting forces for ALL Factions, and force-dumping them all over to Inner Sphere would result in an Automatic Clan Loss for the rest of MWO's Lifetime. Such would kill Faction Warfare, and ultimately MWO itself, as the Community would no longer have a reason to play, knowing which way that things would ALWAYS go. Nobody would play Clans anymore if they knew it was always a losing battle. Posted Image

First off, I highlighted the actual "toxic" text, which as you can see comes from you and is not part of my opinion. I know, sometimes I forget that I have to preface my opinion posts with "In my opinion" because it is not always apparent that it is an opinion to some people.

Secondly, you reinforce my point by saying that most players in FW are Mercs and if all the Mercs went IS, then the Clans would get stomped. During all three Tukayyid events, the Mercs all went Clan and the IS got stomped (it was a little better in the third one because PGI changed the rewards a bit). The biggest problem in FW is that there is just not enough incentive for players to stay a loyalists unless they are big on lore.

~ Mr. Ed Steele making "toxic little" posts. - Steele

#40 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 18 November 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

ER PPCs... they are a heat source on their own so watch out : You might be OVERHEATING them Posted Image

#aslongastheykeepfiring

see what I did there :P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users