New Battletech Game?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

I am new to BattleTech and found this link to a new BT game: http://battletechgame.com/

is it release or is it released in 2018?

#2 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:48 AM

View PostAsym, on 18 November 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

I am new to BattleTech and found this link to a new BT game: http://battletechgame.com/

It should be released in the first quarter of 2018. You can go and buy a backer program from that website, you will receive a key code and can download beta version and play skirmish matches, and then will get a full game when they release it.

You can go to Youtube and search for gameplay videos for the beta version, there's a whole bunch of them, and I judge by those videos that the full game will be a blast.

#3 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:52 AM

View PostAsym, on 18 November 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

It is set to be released Early 2018. It may be first quarter like Michael Knell said above (what I am hoping for too), however I would at least expect within the first half of the year. In anycase, if there Kickstarter is anything to go by, they are in the final stages of game development.
https://www.kickstar...h/posts/2044957

"Production Update

Things are rolling around here! We have the entire singleplayer campaign and mercenary simulation fully assembled and now we’re working through the game chapter-by-chapter, screen-by-screen, feature-by-feature to get everything to a shippable level...There’s still a lot of work to do (including tons of balance work) but we can see the next milepost up ahead - the plan is to be feature and content complete by the end of the year, so we can go into full-on bug fixing and polish mode after a much needed break. As Jordan noted in our mid-August update, all indications are that Paradox & HBS will release BATTLETECH in early 2018." - HBS BattleTech Kickstarter Update #45

I also posted some screenshots and a video of a single player campaign mission here if you want to check it out...
https://mwomercs.com...eplay-and-more/

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

Similar to (but announced prior to it) Mw5: Mercs, the new Battletech game will be using weapon variants by brand name. Unknown if it will go beyond weapons such as equipment. But in doing so, expect some lore related things in regards to weapon systems such as Donal brand PPCs having a bit of a higher punch at a drop in accuracy.

Both are not going to future feature things you couldn't canonically do in Battletech, like change structure and armor or even heatsink types at the drop of a hat. So the individual mechs on the market that come up as they do will feel much more unique. In ability to fling armor around unrealistically should also help in making them feel very different.

Also if interested, I'm looking for partners to play with in Megamek, which is an unofficial online Battletech which lets us slap on whatever rules we want and takes care of them for us so we can focus on just playing the game.

Edit: Had the wrong word in there, striked it out and replaced it.

Edited by Koniving, 27 November 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#5 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:28 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 November 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Similar to (but announced prior to it) Mw5: Mercs, the new Battletech game will be using weapon variants by brand name. Unknown if it will go beyond weapons such as equipment. But in doing so, expect some lore related things in regards to weapon systems such as Donal brand PPCs having a bit of a higher punch at a drop in accuracy.

Both are not going to future feature things you couldn't canonically do in Battletech, like change structure and armor or even heatsink types at the drop of a hat. So the individual mechs on the market that come up as they do will feel much more unique. In ability to fling armor around unrealistically should also help in making them feel very different.

That is a good question (about the equipment). I can't recall if they get the same treatment as weapons. I am thinking they do, but I can't confirm that. I just have a feeling it might.

Yeah, as for other equipment, engines can't be changed and there isn't any changing of structure or internals. For an idea of what the MechLab will look like, see below. As you can notice, there isn't an option for engine or armor/structure. It shows the different weapon manufacturers and also shows that the hardpoint system is similar to MWO (it does have an additional 'Support' hardpoint that is for Flamer/MGs/SM Lasers only).

Posted Image

As for future/canonical items, I do think the occasional Star League Era Lostech item may pop up. I think they will be REALLY rare, but it might be possible to snag something like a Gauss Rifle or LPLaser. This might also stretch to DHS.

HBS has mentioned Lostech like that, but again, no real detailed info given (at least that I can remember off hand). I wouldn't expect Lostech to be in stores, and again very rare, so maybe it is uncovered in a mission or maybe it is salvaged off a defeated foe who salvaged it in the past from someone else.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users