131 replies to this topic

#41 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

Now I feel like a real fool qualifying for that ultimate loyalty reward now that you can get the same warhorn by dropping $7. Oh well, may as well get another bagpipes.

#42 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

View PostSagamore, on 21 November 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Now I feel like a real fool qualifying for that ultimate loyalty reward now that you can get the same warhorn by dropping $7. Oh well, may as well get another bagpipes.

I don't mind them giving it away, but I did feel the Ultimate rewards were mostly the adequate rewards and nothing to get excited about. Something like a unique skin for a chassis(akin to what they are doing for mechcon would have been an ultimate reward.

#43 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

Hm... nice sales... might grab some MC.

I really hoped for a mech sale tho.

#44 KanKrusha

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Here is last year's list of heroes and champs from the 2016 announcement
http://mwomercs.com/...to-black-friday

#45 Mike McSullivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 556 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for the sale...
Pakhet and Medusa are mine now :)

#46 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

C-Bill sale pls !

(Edit: C- Bill mech sale, thx ThomasAH ;-) )

Edited by Ery, 22 November 2017 - 01:07 AM.

#47 Bogus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Nifty sale. I always kinda wanted an Arrow but never could justify it, maybe this time around I'll go for it.

#48 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:14 AM

View PostEry, on 21 November 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

C-Bill sale pls !

Buy the SDR-5K champion and sell it again, if my notes are correct it should yield 2840425 C-Bills.
50% of the MC price is 617MC, so you'll get 4603.6 C-Bills per MC.
(the 6500000 C-Bill package yields only 1625 C-Bills per MC)

... and then I realized that you probably meant a sale for C-Bill mechs (let's hope for Cyber Monday here), but I guess above information might be helpful for someone, so I'll keep it there.

#49 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

They gave us a new map which makes me consider on shelling some hard earned money. Plus, I still have fun with the QP aspect of the game. FP is still bad.

#50 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:43 AM

View PostBogus, on 22 November 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

Nifty sale. I always kinda wanted an Arrow but never could justify it, maybe this time around I'll go for it.

Wha??? The Arrow is a beast, one of my favourites. Load her up With HMG's and Medium pulse's with LE235 or 3 ERML with STD 235.

#51 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:08 AM

Biggest Black Friday Ever?
No, Black Friday as every year.
What about colors 50% off?
What about mech bundles 50% off?
What about decals 50% off?

#52 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

View PostRighter8, on 21 November 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

You got your toy early. You got to be in the spotlight with your exclusiveness.

"exclusiveness". For one week? I hardly even had time to play last week, so do spare me the hyperbole.

I agree with your point about not getting too attached to these transient digital items, but my point still stands that they just slapped people who bought into the ultimate tier in the face. Especially after PGI spent months hyping those rewards and the tiers (and $$$) necessary to get them.

Also, I do hope for the consistency of your argument that you strongly support my suggestion to now make Project Phoenix special edition mechs available, as well as 2016 tournament supporter warhorns. And even founder mechs while they're at it. Why not.

Edited by 5th Fedcom Rat, 22 November 2017 - 01:42 AM.

#53 FunkyT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAt the Front, overextending, with no support

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:57 AM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 22 November 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

"exclusiveness". For one week? I hardly even had time to play last week, so do spare me the hyperbole.

I agree with your point about not getting too attached to these transient digital items, but my point still stands that they just slapped people who bought into the ultimate tier in the face. Especially after PGI spent months hyping those rewards and the tiers (and $$$) necessary to get them.

Also, I do hope for the consistency of your argument that you strongly support my suggestion to now make Project Phoenix special edition mechs available, as well as 2016 tournament supporter warhorns. And even founder mechs while they're at it. Why not.

Well, look at the positive side:
If you really liked those bagpipe warhorns, you can now get more than just one!

Honestly though, can you fault PGI for riding the bagpipe-hype while it's hot?
I mean, if you wanna pay 7$ for a warhorn, be my guest! Makes the customers happy, who enviously listened to those scottish wartunes, and makes PGI happy by sending some more cash their way to keep them going!

I can somewhat understand your point. I'm just trying to say: consider the positive aspects. Posted Image

#54 daPaule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:24 AM

View Postmad kat, on 22 November 2017 - 12:43 AM, said:

Wha??? The Arrow is a beast, one of my favourites. Load her up With HMG's and Medium pulse's with LE235 or 3 ERML with STD 235.

Always ran 235 XL with 3 Large Pulses. Most fun mech i own, range, jj, dps and cbills.

#55 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

View PostFunkyT, on 22 November 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

Well, look at the positive side:
If you really liked those bagpipe warhorns, you can now get more than just one!

Honestly though, can you fault PGI for riding the bagpipe-hype while it's hot?
I mean, if you wanna pay 7$ for a warhorn, be my guest! Makes the customers happy, who enviously listened to those scottish wartunes, and makes PGI happy by sending some more cash their way to keep them going!

I can somewhat understand your point. I'm just trying to say: consider the positive aspects. Posted Image

I've heard them from the streamers, omg they sound awful and annoying to me. If I had spent money just to get them I'd be so angry with myself.

#56 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:46 AM

Hmm... Sales... While I'm feeling "Burned Out", what with my body being physically exhausted from the Events, as well as bad things that have resulted because of that... I'll see if I need anything, but I have no idea what I'll do. :unsure:

I wish I knew if there was a (C-Bill) Mech Sale coming up. But, they're not saying anything right now. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Just not feeling like saying much right now... Maybe it's finally time to give up on MWO?" Devnull

#57 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:00 AM

View Postarcana75, on 22 November 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

I've heard them from the streamers, omg they sound awful and annoying to me. If I had spent money just to get them I'd be so angry with myself.

I think the bag pipe is totally bad ***! It is so awesome, I spent an hour listening to "Scotland of the brave" on YouTube and looking up the history of the kilt. Now fear the players with the bag pipes in MWO when they make battle formations marching over towards you in fear for battle!
https://youtu.be/2hZUZCoMKxA

#58 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:25 AM

A shame that full unlock camos aren't 50% off.
I dont' do one shots, I like to change my looks too frequently for a one shot to be worth any shot.

#59 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:55 AM

Full unlock camos are worth 10 one shots, so if you have 5 mechs of one chassis, why don´t you just buy 5 one shots? Posted Image

#60 andy5689

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:56 AM

View PostThomasAH, on 22 November 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Buy the SDR-5K champion and sell it again, if my notes are correct it should yield 2840425 C-Bills.
50% of the MC price is 617MC, so you'll get 4603.6 C-Bills per MC.
(the 6500000 C-Bill package yields only 1625 C-Bills per MC)

... and then I realized that you probably meant a sale for C-Bill mechs (let's hope for Cyber Monday here), but I guess above information might be helpful for someone, so I'll keep it there.

BUT if you buy the locust champion it cost 380 mc and selling it will get you 1,908,031 cbills, meaning youll be getting 5,021 cbills per mc. its not a big jump from your numbers but itll add up pretty quick

Edited by andy5689, 22 November 2017 - 07:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users